Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Heli Ski March 2020

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

1st time on Snowheads and I'm looking to do a Heliski trip March 2020

It would be a 1st time for me and time to get on and do it before either the snow melts or at age 54 I run out of time, nerve or ability

If you know SCGB gradings I'm Silver+ on and offpiste

Below is my outline of a trip, no problem doing the work and orgainising acommodation, flights, transfers etc.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally got through to Rab and the team at Tignes

He and I'm available for a private week of instruction, guilding and Heli either starting 8th or 15th March

Max group would be 4 and his guiding and instructing the cost is 475 Euros per day so 120 euros per day each on a 1/4 share

Not got the prices for the Heli days as they've no been published yet, I've asked for last season's prices to give an idea

Looking to stay in La Thuile in Italy as its where the Heli goes from and enjoyed the area last year , offpiste from the lift looks good (also prefer the food and value in Italy)

Fly out to Turin if possible and get a private transfer and need to see and book what's available as chalet or hotel

Basic plan would be:
Assuming conditions, weather etc co-operate fully my thoughts are

Day 1 - On piste warm up, and Avi kit training
Days 2 + 3 - Offpiste via lift
Days 3,4+5 - Offpiste via Heli

This would be 1st time Heli skiing, hope I'm up to it but will have had 3 weeks mainly offpiste with instruction to build up by then, idea is to have a challange, enjoy it and go back for more rather than survive and 'tick it off the list'

In addition to basic AVI gear (backpack, shovel, probe, transciever) for Heli days need to hire a ABS kit, again not got prices but can get them hired from Tignes

Hoped to be at this stage of planning in about April this year but Rab had to fit in his big customers like SCGB 1st and it was a busy season diving

Had a great time with Rab this Jan, his whole ethos is 'I can teach you all the technique but if if you're not having fun I'm not doing my job right'

To get Rab booked he needs a commitment from me, until I do if he gets another booking he'll obviosly take it, I could do with splitting the cost as well as having some ski buddies

It took so long to get his availability that all those I know who would be up for it have already book their ski trip, time off and permissions from the bosses for the season!

If you're interested or have advice please just get in touch, may be a bit slow with emails in the next week or so

Different subject, anyone into UK channel wreck diving let me know as I run a dive charter boat in that season
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHeads @David Ronnan, snowHead

Good luck getting your group together.
You seem to be quite a long way into the planning so I wont distract by going into detail here but if you don't manage to get critical mass, I might have something to interest you a week earlier (1st Mar) - that is if you can do that week.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks unfortunately can’t do the week before unless I move stuff around a lot
If I don’t get enough in the next few weeks I’d like to know what you’ve got
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi David Roman,

Welcome to SHs. I could be up for a trip like this. Any progress on pricing, etc?

Kindly pm me with any details.
Thanks
Horgand
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi got some more details

Having trouble finding out how to send a pm, can reply to one sent to me. Travelling using an iPad and on a site that I’m not used to

Anyway last seasons heli prices in Italy as a guide

1st drop 1400 euros per copter divided by 4 =. €350
2nd drop of the day €590 / 4 = €150 to the nearest
Abs bag hire €35 per day must be booked in advance
A note saying getting out may involve some ‘low level’ touring or split boarding and such kit isn’t provided again can be hired
Interestingly transceiver shovel and probe can be provided free of charge but guess anyone up for this has their own for off piste anyway
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@David Ronnan, the easy way to send someone a PM is in the thread, click on the + next to their name in their post. You'll then get a choice of 2 options, send a PM or put them on ignore.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@David Ronnan, sounds like a great trip if you get decent conditions! Similar options available from Monterosa I believe. Italy certainly seems the best value for this type of trip
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
To all

Thanks for the interest and advice

I’m cancelling this idea as just booked on the gnarlybug which is the week after

Msy try again for 2021 season
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy