Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

st foy new year

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
i have booked a 2 bed place in l'etoile des comes.... decent price i think fo £1250 for new year week, 2 bed apartment...... will have two young kids with me 3 & 6, eldest will be in ski school youngest i will teach on nursery slopes..... have looked at other places higher altitude wise but am looking at double the price as i think i got a bit of a bargain..... anyone any alternatives at a similar price?

cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Also any recommendations ski school wise? Cheers
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snocool are good as are ESF
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If youve not visited before, I think its a great place to take a family and get them out on the slopes.

Not been that early in season before, usually in March, but it seems to accumilate snow as well as anywhere nearby in that valley, also top to base snow making for sparse eventuality.

Stayed in EdC buildings, very convenient as are most there, with just a walk across to ski area probably all of 100 mtrs.

Ideal absolute beginner slope and lift in village centre, plus really good dedicated tobogganing slope with conveyor lift too.

We've got families introduced to skiing there with esf all with really good results.

We keep going back too. Well worth going as it's such a friendly chilled place to stay.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You'll struggle to find cheaper than etoile des cimes in Ste foy. There isn't really any budget accommodation. Le Ruitor is sometimes a little cheaper, but EDC location is better. We've been there the last ten years and the kids have had a good time with esf. Worth contacting edc to check you're in the same building as the pool. This has better access to the slopes too.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
just realised that where i thought that i had booked is not correct, the place was marked where the fermes sainte foy were rather than the correct spot for etoiles des cimes.... the reason i booked was for location, how much worse is etoiles? as i will have two young kids so closer to the snow the better etc...... the key distance i am after is the very first nursery slope with the magic carpet as i will be taking my 4 year old there.... the 7 year old can snow plough turn so hopefully less of an issue, unless its flat from etoiles?

cheers
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi, Etoile Des Cimes is still in a very good location, I prefer the location to Le Fermes actually. You're right Le Fermes is right next to the bottom nursery slope. EDC is next to the top nursery slope (also magic carpet) which is a little bit steeper. Your older child might prefer the upper nursery slope and one side of it is dedicated to sledging too. The 4 year old might be ready for the top nursery slope after a few days if all goes well. It's a very gentle ski down from the top slope to the bottom one. I wouldn't worry about it, both are good locations and both close to each other. It is worth getting in the right block of EDC though, with the pool. Otherwise you come out through the car park, have to cross the road and walk maybe 50m or so (!) to the top nursery slope.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It'll not give you any difficulties.

There's a magic carpet located outside Fermé buildings which is more the principal first steps teaching area it seems, also main area lift access here too.

But walking out from EdC building it's only about 50 mtrs across to the snow and slight uphill. At that arrival point there's also another magic carpet on the left which divides a safe ski (slow) area that is usually used for toboggans on the left and young skiers on the right of it. All the magic carpet areas are protected at the bottom of the slopes by significant crash mat / boundary, making it very safe to take initial steps of skiing.

But even arriving at that first point of the snow from EdC, it's flat across toward the Fermé area on which all the ski schools meet, then gently downhill from there to Fermé total of about 200 mtrs distant. It's really no issue to use any of those facilities with most people generally meeting moving around there prior to then heading off up the mountain.

In the EdC building, it's built on sloping terrain in both directions and can seem complex to walk the corridors with all the different levels and lifts etc. Take a little explore to discover quickest route to ski locker room first as that usually has direct access to snow rather than going via main reception, and they are generally orientated nearer to the snow front too.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
cheers, i have skied it a few times but it was before kids so we were staying in chalets etc...... so sounds like its not a disaster staying there..... have learnt the hardware that walking with kids and skis etc not a good idea lol
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy