Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Enforcer 93 Alternative

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for any tips and advice.

Height: 5'10" (177 cms)
Weight: 182-189 lbs (82-86 kgs)
Ability: Upper Advanced on Piste (not Expert), Intermediate off piste

I currently Ski a Nordica Enforcer 93 in 177cms.

I am spending more time on piste nowadays. Enjoy skiing my Enforcers on piste but find them a little wide under foot and not too nimble. Off piste they are a wee bit too much for me. More technique and commitment to the turn from me I would say!

Still want a ski that lets's me go anywhere but will get me to extend my game a bit on piste and allow the more infrequent foray offpiste and handle variable terrain on the frontside. Not too narrow. Done a bit of research and been recommended the following:

Head Supershape Titan 80
Salomon XDR 80Ti

Also seen the Head V Shapes.

Open to any suggestions, thoughts ideas!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The top performers in the Ski Club AM Test:

- Atomic Vantage 82Ti
- Nordica Enforcer 88

Other suggestions:
- Rossignol Experience 84 Ti
- Scott Slight 83
- Salomon S/Force 11 (wider Piste Ski @ 80mm)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Delete
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@andrew.stirrup@gmail.com, The K2 Pinnacle 88 Ti or the replacement K2 Mindbender 90 Ti. They are not much narrower than what you have, but both are great on Piste, in particular the Pinnacle for carving. It also has a large tip rocker; which handles chopped up snow brilliantly and floats pretty well over powder.

Because the Pinnacle has just been superseded you can pick the last available few up at a bargain price.

Available in a 177cm from Ekosport, complete with bindings for £353.

https://www.ekosport.co.uk/k2-pinnacle-88-ti-19-salomon-z12-b90-white-black-19-p-M00064605.html

Alternatively, I believe @spyderjohn will be selling the demo K2 Mindbenders from the Oktobertests at a discount.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@andrew.stirrup@gmail.com, in my limited opinion....

Head Titan will give you most nimbleness for an 80 wide ski.

K2 ikonic 84 ti is fun and easy, great for relaxed skiing.
Kastle MX84 is a fantastic high performance, go anywhere ski. Expensive but discounts can be found.
Blizzard Brahma at 88 wide is similar to the MX84 in that it is a powerful carver that you can take off piste.

The final two will want to carve through non-packed snow rather than smear/pivot over it, so behaviourally unlike your Enforcers.

As with all 'What ski should I buy?' advice, none of us can really answer your question, although it's fun trying. Testing is the only way.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Forgot to add...

If you want something that is nearer to what you have, just with much better manners on courderoy, the Kastle FX95/96 would fit the bill, if you can find a price you like.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
https://www.fall-line.co.uk/2020-mens-overall-ski-of-the-year-volkl-kendo-88/
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Go and buy the DA82 differences that are for sale in Glide and Slide and then tell me if they are any good Very Happy Its a £1500 ski reduced to £600 and made in the same factory as Kastle..... https://www.glideslide.co.uk/16494/products/differences-da82-makassar-skis-with-k12cti-pro-bindings.aspx
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy