Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski rental discounts

Poster: A snowHead
Early Bird Offers on AlpinResorts.com
I've just received their email, stating that till 14/10/2019 they offer higher discounts if using the code alpiski.
I'm bringing my own stuff and I never trust those promises so I've checked it. For instance 6 days in December at Ski Republic Tignes le Lac, black/gold skis plus damage and theft protection went down from 63 to 53 eurs.
If you have other codes, let's write them down for public use
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Extra 5% discount which is the same as the Snowheads code SNOWBALL, plus snowheads get a little extra.
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=104118
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A point well taken. Wasn't aware of that post
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Timc wrote:
Extra 5% discount which is the same as the Snowheads code SNOWBALL, plus snowheads get a little extra.
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=104118

Cheers for the heads up Timc. Had a quick look for the PSB. No mention of what type of ski's available and not all the shops are open but the initial basic price is encouraging.

ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just tried the linked to Sport2000 from that thread which returns a forbidden link.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
these codes tend to work with snowbrainer as well.
Its worth checking both sites as the prices can vary by a few pence
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@red,
This is the closest of the Alpinresorts shops to the Taos

Precision Ski Tignes Le Lac
Résidence Le Rosset Neige et Soleil, Route du Lavachet, 73320 Tignes Le Lac

There are closer shops opposite L'Escale Blanche at the bottom of the hill, don't know their names but you could probably view them on Google street view.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The closest to the Taos is Vallon Blanc 3 buildings down the road. Don't see many of the expat community in there though.

I use Guy Clarey at Sport 2000 on the rue we la poste for mates. His on line prices without codes were the best last year and often better than those with codes. He's very amiable as is His boot fitter John-Charles. His son is quite handy at skiing as well wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@chocksaway,
My mates used the Vallon Blanc Last December and managed to haggle a discount out of them as there was a group of 5 of them I think.
From Memory they only had Salomon and one other brand of skis.
I went across to the other side of the piste to Mountain Story, they had broader range of skis and were prepared to let me swap them as often as I wanted, all new stuff...
I had to go back in to take the sticker off the base of one pair.

Minimal discount though Sad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
may be a stupid question, though I have done a basic google search but unable to find it, but is there such a thing as a "compare the ski hire market" type thing, or have I spotted a (smallish) gap in the market??

somewhere where you enter the resort you are going, dates and requirements etc and they come back with a list of prices for various shops, then the typical online discount available!!

I could be going on gragons den with this (that's if I had the slightest clue how to do it Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy )
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I think that's how skiset and snowbrainer work, you get a list of shops in each town, often local shops.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It is also important though to remember to use any other system/shop than Skiset because they are intrinsically evil.
Actually, even using Skiset shops isn't a big deal if you go to them directly - it's the lot running Skiset discount online booking system that take the mick in a bad way.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've just booked through AlpinResorts. But there was some weirdness with the website - using it normally on Chrome or Firefox, I could not add anything to the booking. Whereas if I used it in Incognito Mode, it was fine.

Anyone else seen this?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just received from Precision Ski. Early19 for a claimed discount of 15%. Worked with a four day hire quote in Tignes at PSB time
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@toyah807, thanks!
snow report
@toyah807 How did you get this discount please?
snow conditions
@chocksaway, wondering if in practice you have seen much price difference between a pre-booked hire vs rocking up?

Ie through the pre-book corporate website route I imagine more margin taken by the umbrella org, while in person you can try to haggle and more importantly given we're probably talking about a range of 30 or so euro out of a holiday costing a few hundred, you can see what a red/black/gold ski actually is....
snow report
@DanB234, just went on the precision ski website and put my parameters in. Prices came up and below was a discount code box which brought the 50 euros quote down to 43 once I typed in the code. If you mean where did I get the code......it came via one of the 27 million email newsletters I seem to have signed up to over the years. Also received a code of Tribu for Sport 2000 discount . Think that's aimed more at family 4+ pack bookings
latest report
@toyah807, have you compared it with http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/wheeeee.php?to=alpres ?
It takes me to Ski Republic Tignes le Lac and it's cheaper (I'm using Snowball code) compared to Precision Ski and their code. I compared gold ski plus theft/breakage insurance.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy