Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Only check-in : easyjet

Poster: A snowHead
I've not flown for a long, long time but have to take a trip for work. With easyjet online checkin do you just go directly to the departure gate via security?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, as long as you only have hand luggage.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@davidof, if you don't have any luggage to check in, yes. Be aware that on busy flights carry on bags with wheels are restricted in number, but that just means picking them up at the carousel on arrival.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
...and you have your boarding passes on either their mobile app, or printed out on paper.
They don't accept, for example, an image of your boarding pass that you've taken on your phone camera. Apparently that doesn't always work on airport security scanners.

And of course they're quite strict on carry on luggage dimensions....though not so punitive as some low cost airlines.
snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks, I've printed the boarding passes.

I've only got a very small bag to take, it is for something that needs my physical presence unfortunately, otherwise I'd do it by skype.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
PeakyB wrote:
...and you have your boarding passes on either their mobile app, or printed out on paper.
snowHead

No you don't. I sent MrsHD's boarding pass via whatsapp so it's technically a photo, unless you're referring to a photo of a paper boarding pass?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I always screen shot the boarding pass and WhatsApp it to my wifes phone . Theres never been an issue
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@davidof, If flying from Geneva go to the French side of the airport. There is never a queue to get through security and you just keep walking to the (rather grotty) departure gate. I always print my boarding pass but my wife uses the app on her mobile phone. Personally I don't trust these new fangled devices that use electricity.

@PeakyB, beleive it or not I have seen people trying to get on the plane with two quite large bags. I applaud their strictness
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
johnE wrote:
@davidof, If flying from Geneva go to the French side of the airport. There is never a queue to get through security and you just keep walking to the (rather grotty) departure gate. I always print my boarding pass but my wife uses the app on her mobile phone. Personally I don't trust these new fangled devices that use electricity.

@PeakyB, beleive it or not I have seen people trying to get on the plane with two quite large bags. I applaud their strictness

Lyon I'm afraid. I'm told the queues can be enormous at security due to under-staffing and you need to allow an hour to get through.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
davidof wrote:

Lyon I'm afraid. I'm told the queues can be enormous at security due to under-staffing and you need to allow an hour to get through.

Fits with the times I've been through Lyon, I thought it might just be weekends .
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@homers double,

[/quote]PeakyB wrote:

No you don't. I sent MrsHD's boarding pass via whatsapp so it's technically a photo, unless you're referring to a photo of a paper boarding pass?
[/quote]

Yes, I've done that with another airline too, so you may well be right. Perhaps I misinterpreted this extract from the Easyjet website??…

'You cannot use a PDF scan of your boarding pass on your mobile device as the airport security team will be unable to scan them.'

snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@johnE,
Quote:

Yes, so do I. Some people would take advantage big time. Nice if they allow a sensible bit of wiggle room on carry on baggage though IMHO.
What harm would a 12 foot python do on a short flight anyway?
snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

There is never a queue to get through security

Yes, there is, often... and typically slow...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@PeakyB, It's a QR code... so scanable (I think) from any media ...and on your very righteous baggage comment, totally agree.

I ended up buying a slim fitting laptop bag so that when they took my case at the gate I could easily extract said PC, etc. And annoyingly, although more rarely these days, often tipped up at gate and had to prove it would fit into my case before boarding minus said case... grrrr (at the time I was flying Queasy (return) once or twice a week ...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@under a new name, I once went through it twice in under 20 minutes. My wife had left her kindle in the hire car so I went back for it. Through luggage reclaim, out the door up the steps to the car hire, down to the car, back again, through security where the lady manning the machine just smiled and waved me through (putting the kindle through the x-ray of course) I don't think they had had a dozen people pass through since I was last there
snow report
@johnE, very much depends on when. Ours was usually the morning commuter flight to Nice. Wasn’t too bad on Aug 1st...
snow report
Lyon has a domestic and an international terminal. Queues may be dependent on which I guess. Last time I flew from there, to Barcelona with Vueling, the passport queue was pretty awful.

I use Marseille more now. They have a swanky terminal that the likes of Air France, BA and Air Canada use. I flew to Canada from there in July, very civilised. The low cost airlines use the other terminal which is dire. Flying to Kracow with Ryanair from there in a couple of weeks Skullie On the plus side parking is cheap as chips and even the cheap long term (70€ for 2 weeks) is walkable although there is a bus.
ski holidays
Ok just for information:

Security took about 15 minutes at Lyon with passport / id card checks afterwards near the gates. They had a
lot of staff on duty on Friday night.

Plane took off and landed on time.

About 20 minutes from deplaning to getting to Gatwick main station with just an id check.

On the way back much more and stricter security at Gatwick but first id check was at Lyon.

Easyjet staff grumpy on the way back but it was the end of a long day, I suppose. Bad storm on the way back.

Anyway hopefully no more flying for a while.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy