Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

It's Official: Hard, Snowy Winter to Come (Updated for 2020/21)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It's official (again!) - cold winter to come according to the press wink
https://metro.co.uk/2020/11/23/britain-could-be-on-track-for-coldest-winter-in-eight-years-13638600/
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
November and December 2020 rounded off an overall warmer than average year with November in Scotland having mean temperature 1.6C higher than average over 1981-2010 averages.

January 2021 looks like it is likely to be colder than average in Scotland, with ski resorts getting lots of cold weather (but sadly no skiing due to lockdown).

snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Been snowing here in North Yorkshire all day. 6 cm directly outside me front door by 4 pm. No sign of a gritter coming through our village, either.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:
Been snowing here in North Yorkshire all day. 6 cm directly outside me front door by 4 pm
But do you have a hill to get some local, lockdown turns in?....That is the question Puzzled
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bigtipper wrote:
November and December 2020 rounded off an overall warmer than average year with November in Scotland having mean temperature 1.6C higher than average over 1981-2010 averages.

January 2021 looks like it is likely to be colder than average in Scotland, with ski resorts getting lots of cold weather (but sadly no skiing due to lockdown).

Why the gap of 10 years (2010-2020) in the comparison data? Did these years not fit with the global warming narrative?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@ropetow, I suspect the 1991-2020 averages will be arriving soon as a comparitor. You can compare with 1961-1990 if you wish to see a bigger increase.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Acacia wrote:
Been snowing here in North Yorkshire all day. 6 cm directly outside me front door by 4 pm. No sign of a gritter coming through our village, either.

Pounding it down here in Harrogate today; just like last Friday. Skiing in Burnbridge again, perhaps?!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@SnowVillan,

Yep, we're just outside Harrogate: 7.5 cm so far and still falling. If I could get out of the village (rear-wheel drive won't make it up the gentle slope) I'd be tempted to take my skis and try the slope behind the Showground, where the old dry-slope used to be.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Been torturing myself watching the FIFTY on YT.

http://youtube.com/v/JyUBqDncLVA

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sat 16-01-21 11:09; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Acacia, - more skiing yesterday in Burnbridge, and also on Pannal golf course.
All melting today / tomorrow.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Scotland was 2.1 degrees Celcius below the average for January over 1991-2010, and had 136% of the average sunshine. Is that not just typical. Just when you are locked up, the winter finally gets cold and sunny! Not only that there is a huge dump of snow coming over the next three days. There is no sign of it getting warmer in the forecasts over the next 2 weeks, indeed it may get even colder....
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:
There is no sign of it getting warmer in the forecasts over the next 2 weeks, indeed it may get even colder...
The only hope is that the snow continues to pile up over the coming 2 or 3 months; and that somehow, just somehow, vaccine roll out means restrictions are lifted and we all get some miraculous April or May turns on Scottish snow. Or even some June ski touring turns under sunny skies on amazing spring snow....Okay, I'm getting carried away now!

All an absolute long shot but we need hope to keep us going....and sane.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The people wanting to ski usually run out before the snow runs out in Scotland - Easter is on the 4th April this year and i regularly ski on the Easter weekend in Scotland.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:
The people wanting to ski usually run out before the snow runs out in Scotland
It's a fairly safe bet that - if lifts were to open this winter and travel from elsewhere was allowed - that wouldn't apply in this so abnormnal ski season ropetow wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy