Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Esserts, Morillon as somewhere to stay?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any views on Les Esserts as somewhere to stay?
We are not party animals but do like a beer (possibly two) after skiing and will want to eat out a couple of nights in the week.

Last question is a bit more specific but we'll be there for New Years Eve. Is it likely that stuff will be going on in Les Esserts itself or will we need to drop into Morillon?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not somewhere I have spent a long time in but I did spend an evening at quite a good Led Zep tribute band in one of the bars. They did bar food.

Not sure whether that answers your question.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you're on holiday and not party animals but like a beer I'd have thought Les Esserts would be the place to stay in Morillon, there's some bars, restaurants and shops but it's really easy to get skiing.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's one of our favourite villages to stay in GM as lift / snow access is so good with no need for any travel, just walk out and ski.

As you note it's small but has enough there for a week with places to eat in the evening. Also one of the best lunch café, Le Beu, going and right on the piste coming into the village.

We've not been at new year so experience comes with that proviso. It has a nice feel to it in our experience, and a friendly bunch of people running lifts, ticket office, ski school etc too. Spent quite a bit of time with kids doing their early stages of skiing there.

As @under a new name, indicates, there's one bar/pub there, the rest being restaurants with drinks etc not bonkers apré but does fit your stated level.

Access to village in evening is down gondola but stops at certain time (not sure of when) but may run later when they have activities at the base station village. If you've a car then that's most convenient but not imperative if you're happy with what 1100 has to offer.

Small Sherpa supermarket there that's quite well stocked for its size, prices marginally higher but not a showstopper compared to valley shops.

Which accommodation are you planning to stay in?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks people - your comments have reinforced the conclusion I'd come to reading a bit about the place. I think it will suit us.

Now to get the rest of the group to agree...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy