Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes 2019/20

Poster: A snowHead
@ed48, me too. So, so, so, busy today more so than last week. Queues moved faster than they looked though. Nice spring skiing with a decent lunch in the middle. Possibly the busiest day of the winter. Local holidays and snow isn't good in lower resorts so higher resorts like here are far busier.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Better today than I feared. Skied with a friend, a far better skier than me, who's been away for a couple of months and wanted to get his ski legs back. We went right down to Mont de Lans at 1300m from 3200m on beautiful spring snow towards the bottom. It was so nice we did it again then followed the soft snow onto Vallée Blanche. Storms starting to blow in now, for the next couple of days. We do need that snow.

snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The snow arrived in the early hours. Due to stop tomorrow night with a freezing point as low as 500m tonight Very Happy Shocked
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.

It's delivering as promised. If it keeps up for another 24 hours as forecast it will be a significant dump Very Happy Pretty windy even down here though, I hope it isn't causing too much damage higher.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.

http://youtube.com/v/9CcjHqeHsog
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Kept up most of the night. A lull atm but another 15cm forecast for 2600m. Blasting now and some repisting. I'm not going to be able to get up today but tomorrow looks awesome.

snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nice snow. Do you think next week going to be same busy? or maybe worth waiting for the week after that and hope for more snow.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@ed48, probably less busy, just 1 zone off but the local zone.

Sun appearing above Rachas but I can also see the snow being blown off it by the wind. I think it will be carnage at the lifts at 9 after 2 very poor days. I think there'll be a lot of clearance work going on too. I'll wait a bit.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.

Not a bad morning Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Really nice day, sunny start with a little more cloud later. I let the crowds die down and went up about 11.30. I spoke to some people who queued at Diable for over an hour earlier. Really nice new snow. The first is Pierre Grosse 3 black which hadn't been pisted or used much, the last pitch is quite steep. The 2nd is off piste on Vallée Blanche which isn't too steep (Avi L4 today) and doesn't get tracked out too quickly.

snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Doesn't look great today. Very flat light a bit of snow and windy. Not sure if I'll bother or not. Lot more snow due, especially Monday. Asking around last night it's expected to be much quieter than last week.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
A very white scene this morning after a fair bit of overnight snow.

Snow for much of the week, I'm not sure when I'll get up.

A tragic accident here yesterday, a 78 year old killed by a snowplough in a car park RIP Sad They do tend to fly about.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Very short day today. Went up at 10.30 with no queue. There has been a lot of snow and it was deep on many pistes (a blue in the photo). That was fine in sunshine but that went at 12 and light became very flat. Snow due this afternoon.

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snow has been falling heavily for last hour or so and is due to continue all day and into the night. Forecasts are a little inconsistent but Tuesday and Wednesday look ok perhaps even sunny with snow returning Thursday and Friday. Housework day today I think.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Turned very wet and eventually to rain down here by lunchtime. Freezing point was around 1800m so fine further up. Now dumping big time down here.

http://youtube.com/v/cOGSrzO5HxQ
snow report
Wow! What a snow! Probably biggest dump ever. Unfortunately cannot go this week, hope more snow in a next few weeks coming. Enjoy ja-pow and stay safe.
snow conditions
Loads more snow overnight and allowing that it was very wet even raining down here in the morning there must be an enormous amount higher. Still snowing lightly but some chinks in the clouds now, fairly windy higher though. Blasting up the mountain, suspect it will be a little slow opening, Avi L4 today.

snow conditions
Hell of a lot of new snow up there. Some lifts had to be dug out and were slow opening. Hard work but nice until the sun disappeared. Its actually reappeared again but I'm back at mine now.
ski holidays

Sharing again, he's still unaccounted for.
snow report
But Sunday wasn't a white out. It was sunny in the morning and a bit cloudy in the afternoon with snow arriving later that night. Monday it did snow all day.
latest report
From OP

Ok hes safe apparently and uninjured. I know nothing more than that and have not seen him as yet. We leave tomorrow for another resort, but hes safe and that's what matters.
Thanks for your help and can remove posts.
Thanks again all.
ski holidays
Strikes me as a typical load of FB poo-poo.
ski holidays
Claude B wrote:
Strikes me as a typical load of FB poo-poo.

Why? Concern for a fellow camper/neighbour/skier who hadn't returned to his "home" for 2 days? Why is that "poo-poo"?
snow conditions
Because the facts in the FB post were totally incorrect.

I live here, Sunday 1st March

Not "Sunday was a whiteout" as per FB

There is also a very good local network which is very active when people or even dogs go missing. Nothing.

Convince me otherwise.
snow report

It was taken seriously by people who matter.
snow conditions
Good and I'm pleased it turned out ok. But such inaccurate nonsense doesn't help.
latest report
Woke this morning to blue skies and went up at 10.30, no queues.

Skied hard all day. Beautiful snow after Monday's dump and cold enough to keep it nice. Skied everywhere including down to Mont de Lans and Vallée Blanche. Light really flattened at 3 so came down at 3.45. View from lunch spot at Pano.

Snow/rain tomorrow with freezing point at 2200m. Day off I think.
latest report
A little snow overnight but turning to rain down here. Grim day, fair bit of snow higher and down here this evening. Sunny tomorrow Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Its been promising forecast with 20m during the day and mild SW wind, will be interesting to see what conditions are on top tomorrow, I think its good chances for great snow Smile
snow report
It's been snowing all night and still is lightly. Forecast to stop with sunshine this morning and perhaps more cloud this afternoon. Forecast for Saturday is for wall to wall sunshine and it should be quiet. Last day of 4 weeks of french holidays today so we should be quieter from now.
snow report
Cracking day yesterday. Another reasonable dump overnight on Thursday and sunshine until about 4. 8 of had lunch at Fée on the terrace too. What's not to like about that Very Happy

Even more sun today and it should be quiet up there. My 50th day out this winter snowHead
ski holidays
Fantastic day. Sunny all day but cold with a fair bit of wind higher. There had been a small amount of new snow overnight, 1 - 2cm. Slopes were lovely and quiet. Long day for me, 10 to 4.30 so skied a lot. Nice lunch at Fée again.

ski holidays
Fingers x I shall be sat in that exact spot in 4 weeks time.
snow report
@Michelle63, I'm sure you will be. No problems here.

Lovely day. I went up about 10.30 when there was still a longish queue. We fought our way over to Vallée Blanche which was lovely and quiet. Had lunch at Kanata too. Run down to Mont de Lans was nice too, see below. Moved over to the main side later which was good too but quite warm.

Snow tomorrow and I need a rest.
snow report
I hope so, just had 2 cases in my town. We could get locked down I guess. People do panic tho. The press are ridiculously irresponsible with their reporting. Cause more panic than is necessary.
snow conditions
Bit of snow overnight, due to continue lightly for much of the day. Rest day for me.

Quite a lot of Germans (music festival) and Serbians here this week. I believe however that the Rumanian Snow Fest due later this month is cancelled because of you know what.
ski holidays
Snowing again today, another day off. Friend who went up yesterday said it was pretty grim but the snow was great. Forecast is for sunshine all day tomorrow Very Happy But very warm for a couple of days, freezing point above 3000m Shocked

Anyone coming here bring your own hand gel, everywhere sold out, plenty of toilet rolls though wink I found a couple of bottles of gel hidden away in my apartment and car Very Happy No noticeable changes here atm.
latest report

Half decent morning, pano from my balcony. Very warm, freezing point 3000m+. Heading out soon.
latest report
Lovely day but so, so warm. Real spring snow lower. Valentine was glorious to ski back down. Diable a little less so but still nice. Looking over Thuit towards Alpe d'huez

[/url]
ski holidays
Any signs of panic or slowing down out there Claude B? Due to fly in on Sat for the week....!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy