Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes 2019/20

Poster: A snowHead
Someone (un moniteur) told me that earlier Very Happy I think it's good thing. Not until winter 2020/21 though?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Another instructor friend has just shared the same letter with a covering note from the maire so yes it is fact Very Happy

In the news too ledauphine

Snowed all night I think, can see hardly anything up there though. Yesterday was the same with fierce winds that stopped the lower lifts for a while.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Stopped snowing yesterday afternoon after more than 36 hours of it. Forecast is ok today, best in the morning when I have a french lesson Sad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@claude B do you have any idea what the large gathering of people to the right of diable lift is about ? A few were there yesterday but there are dozens today.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Honeybadgerversion2, Not sure didn't see them but there was something similar a couple of weeks ago. There is a Danish gathering here this week, wristbands, etc, so perhaps them.

As I feared I was in a french lesson this morning while the sun shone and skied a bit this afternoon in flat light. Forecast is good for tomorrow though.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Beautiful warm, sunny day which continued that way contrary to the forecast. Snow was still super except Thuit and Valentine which were icy and closed, not sure if they opened later. Fairly busy again. Looking towards the glacier from Lac Noir.

snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
At 9 this morning the sun was really nice. La Muzelle and L'aiguille de Venosc from my balcony.

By the time I went up at 10.30 cloud was coming and going causing some flattish light. By the time I gave up at 12.30 it was snowing above 2000m, raining below.

http://youtube.com/v/66vLZm1nQ1E

Still is I think. Due to be nasty again tomorrow.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Miserable for anyone here on their first day. Raining hard in town and freezing point is about 2500m Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The rain which continued into the evening caused a lot of damage. I didn't go up until 12.30. Very hard from 2200m to 2700m. Closed above that by wind. Soft below 2100m, nice actually. Valentine was a joy, Vallée Blanche nice but a bit bare in places. I even went down to Mont de Lans which was nice but with a hole developing towards the bottom. But it was very warm, real spring snow conditions, by 3,30 it was getting pretty heavy. Due to get much colder with snow tomorrow.

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=151338#3527115 RIP Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Been snowing since very early this morning, very heavily now. Been very windy too. I haven't been up. I think there was a reasonable amount open earlier despite the wind. Should be really nice tomorrow, sunshine forecast but windy in the morning. From my balcony about an hour ago.

ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nice and sunny this morning with a fair bit of snow in town. Very windy though, glacier closed, photo shows the snow being blown off Rachas and Tête Moute 2700/2800m.

snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Looks can be very deceiving. Sunny all day but windy and nearly all pistes have been scoured of snow. Everything icy with the worst pistes being closed. On a positive note we grabbed lunch in town, plat du jour, an enormous steak with chips and salad, a litre of red between 5 of us and 3 coffees was 16€ each Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Beautiful sunny day and reasonably warm. The snow has been pisted back to a reasonable level after the ice of a couple of days ago. The hordes have begun to arrive already, les Parigots for the next 2 weeks.

snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for your weather updates! Looks like some fresh snow next week!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Cracking day today, sunny and decent snow. Actually quieter than the last couple of Saturdays. I don't think anyone from Grenoble would want to be on the road with loads of Parisians arriving. I came down about 4.30 after a nice couple of mellow beers up the mountain at Diable au Coeur. It doesn't seem that busy but we'll see tomorrow.

ski holidays
Another gorgeous day and a pleasant surprise is that it isn't actually that busy here. I was up from 11 to 3 and didn't actually find any queues at all. Perhaps the Parisiens aren't skiing this year. Forecast isn't that good for the rest of the week though.

snow conditions
I haven't skied today but it's been a lot better than forecast. A little rain down here this morning but it brightened up all afternoon. Very warm though. Due to snow tonight and tomorrow. A couple of photos I took of the same view, a couple of days ago and in October. Looking over Lac du Plan at about 2250m near the bottom of Bellecombes lift.

snow conditions
Nice photo! looks like this one Smile

20200130_100735<script></script>
snow report
No that's a bigger lake (reservoir really) the other side of the Bellecombes lift, Lac du Plan is to the left of your photo. You're right and above Bellecombes 5 I guess.

Snowed a little overnight, still falling lightly. Can't see up the mountain at all atm Shocked
snow conditions
Cracking morning. Yesterday's snow will have freshened things. Might try some mellow off piste on Vallée Blanche this morning.

snow report
Another fantastic day yesterday, the new snow had freshened things a little. Sunny but cold all day. The off piste on Vallée Blanch was frankly shocking, probably why mine were the only tracks. Pierre Grosse 4 though was lovely. Formerly an itinerary its now marked and patrolled, snow on it was very good. Overcast this morning, due to snow.

snow report
Another summer/winter comparison. Last August and yesterday. This is Thuit 4 another marked and patrolled itinerary. But I've only ever known it to be officially open 2 years ago when we had shedloads of snow. A lovely run with a couple of natural halfpipes.

ski holidays
Strike here on Saturday now, first mention of it Evil or Very Mad Hoping to operate a partial service. There's a PDF in this link, all in french I'm afraid.

https://www.facebook.com/1740277592969451/posts/2449379795392557/
latest report
Wondering how it looks on the glacier offpiste to signal? If winds are W thus should be destroyed by the wind.
ski holidays
@ed48, The wind was last week and not enough new snow on Vallée Blanche this week to rectify things. Obviously more on the glacier but I haven't tried. A bit more snow today will have helped too.
ski holidays
Sorry to interrupt the conditions thread, but hoping someone might have an easy answer to a quick question:

Is it possible to do a slow traverse / snow plough from the top of the Champame drag lift to the bottom of the jandri? Or do you nee to grab another drag to achieve that?

We are staying at the bottom of the Champame and there are a couple of teens who have school at the jandri.

Thanks, and sorry for the Interruption!
snow conditions
@drkpower, I'm not 100% certain but I think you can. If not there is another drag close by. Shouldn't be a problem.

Tbh the thread is for all things L2A.

Because there was a strike here all day next to bug all was open. PITA as it was a beautiful day. I just went up as a pedestrian at 3 for Diable au Coeur happy hour Very Happy Busy in town now.

ski holidays
Holidays have definitely started, much busier. But I skied from 11.30 - 3.00 largely without queuing by being in the right place at the right time. 10 minutes at Diable to get up but after that nothing really. Very warm was quite soft lower later making Valentine a joy. This photo shows the sun shining on the icy off piste in the Bellecombes area where the wind has stripped the snow Sad

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Very overcast with flat light today. But warm too. No skiing but a little snowshoeing with a long lunch at Kanata on Vallée Blanche. Forecast is pretty good for the rest of the week.

Informed info here is of a strike next Monday morning.
ski holidays
Lovely sunny day, just to prove that by picking your times and places it needn't be too busy. More difficult if only here for a week I know.

latest report
Snowing this morning, forecast to continue for much of the day. Then sunshine for several days.
snow conditions
Skied for 3½ hours from 12.30 largely avoiding any queues. Beautiful sunny day with the snow freshened after yesterday's snowfall. Just to prove not all pistes are busy. Diable 9 black which I liked so much I skied it 3 times.

snow report
Another warm sunny day but windy higher up. Super snow still. Just a couple of hours for me today as I want to be fresh for tomorrow's relative tranquility Very Happy

Like many places it's been abnormally warm here. On the Sautet lift here today with a couple of Americans when one of them spotted something below. An enormous marmotte or as I explained groundhog moving about on the snow at about 2600m. I don't think I've seen one before April before.
snow report
Hi all,

Quick question not strictly weather related! Went to L2A 4 years ago but didn't particularly partake in any apres as we were in a catered chalet. Maybe planning a return trip next year with a group of us.

What are costs like on the mountain and in town for a large beer and some simple food? Say a pizza or tartiflette for example?
snow conditions
Not too badly priced here, plenty of reasonably priced bars and restaurants. About 6€ for a large beer depending where you go. Tartiflette is probably about 15€ and pizza from about 12€ depending on topping.
latest report
It's going to be obscenely hot here today. The sun has already warmed my apartment up to 21°C. Gonna make the most of the sunshine and lack of crowds. Trying to decide what to wear atm.
snow report
Claude B wrote:
Not too badly priced here, plenty of reasonably priced bars and restaurants. About 6€ for a large beer depending where you go. Tartiflette is probably about 15€ and pizza from about 12€ depending on topping.

Cheers. That’s not too bad. Better than the 9 euros in the 3V for a beer!
ski holidays
Gorgeous spring like day with very quiet pistes Very Happy I skied hard for 5 hours on quiet runs with no queues. Snow was great although return runs were getting soft later. I did Valentine twice on hero snow and finished at 4 coming down the Diable. Lots of people coming and going. A friend has another friend coming and it took 4 hours from Grenoble Airport on Bensbus Shocked Another busy week ahead.

ski holidays
So hot today. I didn't ski after a hard day yesterday but talking to friends even hotter than yesterday and possibly busier than last week, I sat on my balcony for lunch and after but tbh it was too hot Shocked Similar tomorrow before snow and colder temperatures for several days.
ski holidays
Looking forward for the new snow coming Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy