Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

snowBoards at OktoberTest

Poster: A snowHead
To make it worth bringing kit half way across the country, the brands need a fair critical mass of people interested in trying stuff out. Hence the OktoberTest ski tests. In the past,although we've had snowBoarders ask after boards at OktoberTest, we've never really been able to show the scale of interest that would get dedicated snowBoard brands coming along.
I did try to get a snowBoard shop, conveniently located in one of the snow centres, involved in an ad hoc way but all they wanted to do was rent me boards rolling eyes

Anyway... I spoke to Andy at K2 yesterday, who is bringing K2 and Line skis to OktoberTest, and he said he'd be happy to bring a few boards along with him if there were snowHeads actively interested in trying them.
He didn't put a max figure on how many boards he'd be willing to bring and even said that if there was enough interest, he'd bring someone dedicated to doing the boards so it's all down to how much interest there is...
Basically, most of the K2 and Line ranges are available so check them out.

Let me know on this thread which models you'd like to give a spin in a couple of weeks time in Hemel or Chill Factore and we'll make sure he brings those.
Let's say, you can request up to 6 boards but put the ones you'd most like to try at the top of your list. Obviously he wont be able to bring 6 different boards for each person but hopefully we can get a good collection together that everyone can enjoy trying out.

Who knows, if we got a big turnout of sidewaysers it could lead to more interest from other brands?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How about something short like 138cm to 142cm or so? For smaller people and younger boarders? There must be some out there.... if you do bring any that would be great! Toofy Grin Edit: K2 First Lite 138cm for example.... Toofy Grin

Of course I’m not holding my breath as I know most boarders are taller than that! Cool :sH

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 22-09-19 22:52; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi. Yep, some smaller boards would be good for my two 12 year olds. Anything park oriented would be good. The Booby Trap had Burton there a month ago and managed to fill half of CFe with ramps, pipes and boarders.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Rats, I'm in Berlin that weekend else I'd be signing up for this! Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Potentially interested in trying out a K2 Overboard, but happy to pass if there are more deserving snowboardists out there.

While we are the general subject of requests though

Line - Vision 108s and SFBs in big length.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If there are going to be boards I'll bring my boots as well as ski boots - but am very out of touch with the trends in snowboarding (and skiing for that matter!), so would need advice.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm interested in the K2 Cool Bean (144 pref.) if one is available. And if the Manifest (159 pref) is there I'd like to give that a go.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 30-09-19 9:38; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Unfortunately I might come to this ...... catch up with a few people .......

admin just bring a good mix of the latest models if possible ....... anything up to about 158cm, you won't be able to use much longer than that at HH, even for us that usually ride longer sticks ......
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@admin, what will be the deal with bindings? Are they bringing some down or will they want us to bring our own?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snowboards have bindings?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Simple Pleasures 156. It's girth has me a little concerned so I'd really like to try before I buy.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nice suggestion @Snow Hound, except you're not on the list for the OktoberTest - so how ya gonna tell? Confused
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@admin, yes they do! The kind that don't require height, weigh, boot size, inside leg measurement, what you had for breakfast, and what side Sir dresses to to be passed to Spyderjon and his micrometer to stop them being a trip to casualty.

I'll bring some anyway, and I'll haul the Jones Flagship down too if anyone wants to have a go.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm still fairly new to boarding so I would be up for anything beginner/intermediate.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Welcome to snowHeads @simburg, snowHead
snow conditions
@admin, I know not helpful - but I would be happy trying anything that they can bring, always like trying out new toys!!!! Currently ride a 155 all mountain board (Yes Basic or Jones Mountain Twin).....so as above 156 Simple Pleasures / Manifest would be good to try - but to be honest, anything in that size range I am good with.

For anyone out there who hasn't ridden one and fancies a go (I will be at the Hemel test) - I will have my Yes Basic in a 155 with me (always comes out as a popular first board to buy). So if anyone wants to have a go whilst I am using something else.....more than happy to do so. Plus it is far nicer than using the naff boards the dome hands out.
ski holidays
If we’re talking K2;

@wilko86 would be very happy to terrorise skiers on the Cold Shoulder, Lime Light or the Wild Heart Smile

I’d like to try the Party Platter please. She’ll probably steal this too!

Rider weights are 65kg & 75kg

Thanks
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy