Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Immunisations for ski childcare

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've booked after-ski childcare for Xmas trip to France and I have been asked to provide proof of 11 immunisations. Has anyone else been asked for this? We've never been asked for this before, in France or elsewhere.

The letter I received mentioned something about "clients outside the EU", though I'm not sure that's relevent.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@charrison, I remember when my kids were small, we stayed in a hotel in Flaine that asked for proof of vaccination. I took their record books with me, but it wasn't asked for, however with measles and mumps outbreaks all over Europe, I can see why they would want to be cautious. Your GP surgery should be able to give you a printed copy of the vaccination records for your children if their red book isn't up to date. It may be that by Christmas we are not part of the EU.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Surely, whether or not other people have been asked, you're going to need to produce this, whatever? Generally, your GP practice should be able to print out a patient's immunisation record. I've got mine for when I travel abroad, just in case I need urgent hospitalisation or treatment. Makes life easier anyway in those circumstances. Just like carrying your travel insurance with you.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've sent over all our records, though they list Hep B as compulsory and this was only recommend on NHS since 2017. Hopefully that won't cause an issue.

Just wondered if anyone else had seen this before in France.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
charrison wrote:
I've sent over all our records, though they list Hep B as compulsory and this was only recommend on NHS since 2017. Hopefully that won't cause an issue.

Just wondered if anyone else had seen this before in France.

Yes that is correct, legal requirement for childcare since 2018. Everyone is fed up with antivax loons spreading the pox around.

Why do you bring the NHS up, you are talking about France.

Here is the list for anyone interested
diphtérie, tétanos, poliomyélite, coqueluche, haemophilus influenzae b, hépatite B, méningocoque C, pneumocoque, rougeole, oreillons, rubéole.
diphtheria, tetanus, poliomyelitis, whooping cough, haemophilus influenzae b, hepatitis B, meningococcus C, pneumococcus, measles, mumps, rubella.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@charrison, yes, we came across this. We got a letter from our GP to state that the children were low risk for Hep B so the vaccination wasn't necessary. I presume that we must have got advice from the childcare provider, which was either in Samöens or Oz en Oisans. As to whether it was checked, I'm fairly sure not as I have vague memories of waving the letter that I'd gone to great effort to get hold of - in that crèche, they hadn't asked for documentation upfront. That's not to say that others won't check, before anyone points this out!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We had a list (Samöens nursery) over ten years ago to comply with, including vaccination records. Took their red books with us, which they checked on entry.

Think we got used to more or less complete coverage in UK so less checked here, but situation changing now here too with views on vaccination coverage.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not surprised as 11 immunisations have been compulsory in France since 2018 and they have to provide evidence when kids register at school. If they make that compulsory in school settings, I am sure they do not want tourists endangering the herd immunity.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Samoa is battling a measles epidemic which has already killed 62 people, most of them very young. In relation to their tiny population that's equivalent of over 20K in the UK - it's about time we came down hard on the new-agers relying on the breath of unicorns and took a leaf from the French book.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
....I don't want to mention the 'B' word... but (and that wasn't it) but an 'outside the EU' is now the standard way to treat all UK based bookings in 2020.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Going back to 2004 we had to show the "Red Books" when booking ours in with childcare
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
wot pamw said
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Not sure how this thread got on to anti-vax...

To be clear, my kids have had all recommended vaccinations. And I despair at the idiots who listen to pseudo-science and fail to protect their children, and others not so fortunate.

Question is: do requirements in France align with UK/NHS? With Hep B, at least, this seems uncertain.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w wrote:
Samoa is battling a measles epidemic which has already killed 62 people, most of them very young. In relation to their tiny population that's equivalent of over 20K in the UK - it's about time we came down hard on the new-agers relying on the breath of unicorns and took a leaf from the French book.

Couldn’t agree more. What’s happened in Samoa is tragic.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy