Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria greater Arlberg region becoming v expensive?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@stanton, yes indeed. But no matter how nice they are, they're still too expensive for me.

It's like with supermarkets. Waitrose food is better than Aldi food, but I'm still not going to shop at Waitrose because it's too expensive for my budget.

There are, of course, plenty of nice apartments in French resorts. Probably the nicest one we've ever stayed in also happens to have been the cheapest one. But yes, lots of shoeboxes as well!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@skimastaaah, I agree with you apart from the car. No need, use the excellent buses. We occasionally hire a car ex MUC and once we’ve dumped it the first time we think about it is when we have to dig it out of 2-3m new snow which has fallen in the week.

How someone would compare Arlberg v 3V or EK is beyond me, We skied 3V 20x late 80’s/ early 90’s, EK 25-30x late 90’s and have skied Arlberg ever since on a season pass, not one thought for skiing in France (apart from Cham and potentially La Grave sometime).....Arlberg investment in the regions infrastructure is second to none and its worth paying for imo (cheaper than EK last time I looked too).

I don’t hire skis but know people who do and they always get a deal for top quality kit from the main shops in town irrespective of what it says on the price list. wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
you might want to checkout Chalets operated by a Dutch Company... All inclusive

https://www.wenschalets.nl/catered-chalets/topbestemmingen/oostenrijk/st-anton/
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Markymark29 wrote:
@skimastaaah, I agree with you apart from the car. No need, use the excellent buses. We occasionally hire a car ex MUC and once we’ve dumped it the first time we think about it is when we have to dig it out of 2-3m new snow which has fallen in the week.

How someone would compare Arlberg v 3V or EK is beyond me, We skied 3V 20x late 80’s/ early 90’s, EK 25-30x late 90’s and have skied Arlberg ever since on a season pass, not one thought for skiing in France (apart from Cham and potentially La Grave sometime).....Arlberg investment in the regions infrastructure is second to none and its worth paying for imo (cheaper than EK last time I looked too).

I don’t hire skis but know people who do and they always get a deal for top quality kit from the main shops in town irrespective of what it says on the price list. wink

Totally agree! SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

I've not skied France since my last WC's at Val in 2009! In so much that I'm not "comparing" Arlberg v 3V or EK, other than the Arlberg has much more to offer than big-mileage-wannabees. Better infrastructure and investment is just one of those things!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Slightly off topic,but all this talk of costs, reminded me of a conversation I had with a golfer
who told me a single round of golf in Portugal could be up to 200 euro! Ski passes don't sound too bad after hearing that.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Old Man Of Lech, More at the best courses, e.g. Monte Rei
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stanton wrote:
you might want to checkout Chalets operated by a Dutch Company... All inclusive

https://www.wenschalets.nl/catered-chalets/topbestemmingen/oostenrijk/st-anton/

Looks interesting and at reasonable St. Anton prices.
First week of January at the Edelweiss costs 670 euros, per person for a week. More or less what I paid for B&B in Gunnar's hotel near Nasserein last year.
Never been to a chalet before, only to pensions/hotels/self catered apartments. From a previous discussion with Zenith (a few years ago) I understood it's extremely social, for large groups of young adults mostly, doors can't be locked and party every evening till late hours. Is it so?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy