Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flying to GVA for French resort

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I’m planning on a trip to France via GVA in January, as things stand would I need paperwork for entry in to both Switzerland and France or just France. I’m double jabbed and should have had my booster by then. TIA
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very unlikely as there are no stops at the Bardonnex border area. If you wanted belt and braces then you would need the attestation d'honeur (surely the silliest form ever designed) and whatever negative test the French might need by then. In practice you are very unlikely to be asked.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ian999, @geoffknight, at Geneva week before last UK passports were being asked either for Swiss residency/accom or if heading to France, French declaration. Well, I was, anyway.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You are entering two countries - you need to comply with both sets of regs. Whether you are checked is moot, it is what you are legally required to do.
In practice its one piece of paper at the moment.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the replies, seems relatively straight forward as long as we can travel to both when I’m planning to go.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Do any of the Swiss residents have a view on whether UK tourists will have any issues using the bars / restaurants in Geneva airport without acquiring the Swiss Covid pass (at 30chf I think)?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@sugarmoma666, if you have loaded your uk QRs into an EU app I don't see why not?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@under a new name, while what you say sounds logical, I get the impression from this thread:
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=4839630&highlight=#4839630
that for entry into various venues in Switzerland, having a UK QR code loaded into an EU app won't be sufficient. Does anyone know more about this?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@sugarmoma666, um, if whichever EU app accepts the UK code (brother in law was fine in July on French one in France and Italy) then the Swiss will just scan, can't see there being UK specific exception specific to CH? uk gov comment in that there thread says EU cert is fine ...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@sugarmoma666, I can understand how you feel. My brother arrives in early December and I will be keeping an eye on how successful the UK—EU (in his case France) app is before we fill out the 30chf form.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Nadenoodlee, presumably your bro can download TAC and whatever the Swiss verif app is and dry run?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@sugarmoma666, the Swiss verification app is called COVID certificate check and is available in the App Store (at least it is for me). So you could load your NHS certificate into the French TAC app and get a friend to download the Swiss COVID certificate check app then scan yours to see if it accepts it?
If you can’t download the Swiss COVID certificate check app outside CH and are happy to send me a screenshot of your QR code in TAC then I’d be happy to check it for you.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy