Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes glacier opening postponed

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
https://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr/auvergne-rhone-alpes/savoie/savoie-ouverture-du-glacier-tignes-prevue-28-septembre-2019-est-reportee-1727001.html

Hardly a surprise. We're due to open at Toussaint 26 Oct to 3 Nov. I think that's highly unlikely which would be the 3rd year running.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Running in 2 other threads - glaciers and Tignes snow reports.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Tignes glacier is all but gone.

Scorching summers have destroyed it.

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=148642

PisteHors is reporting the Alpe d'Huez glacier (nearby) has not even been refreezing at nighttime this summer.

French summer and fall skiing is over.

RIP.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
God save Hintertux
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:
French summer and fall skiing is over
Hadn't realised that you are a son of Uncle Sam Whitegold...

Anyway, I think you are a little premature. I'm fairly sure that (at least for a few seasons yet) there will be decent enough snow for summer skiing in Tignes to begin at the start of July, as usual. Especially if there are bumper winters.

The issue appears to be the rate at which conditions deteriorate thereafter - the glacier tends to be really struggling by the end of July.... Confused So, France summer skiing over? No. Further reduced duration? Highly probable.... Sad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A little dusting and it looks cosmetically better this morning
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Daedra wrote:
God save Hintertux

Hintertux is looking a little barren on the WebCams, though I hear there was 20cm of fresh snow this morning.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:
French summer and fall skiing is over
Hadn't realised that you are a son of Uncle Sam Whitegold...

Anyway, I think you are a little premature. I'm fairly sure that (at least for a few seasons yet) there will be decent enough snow for summer skiing in Tignes to begin at the start of July, as usual. Especially if there are bumper winters.

The issue appears to be the rate at which conditions deteriorate thereafter - the glacier tends to be really struggling by the end of July.... Confused So, France summer skiing over? No. Further reduced duration? Highly probable.... Sad

Bro, it's over.

The skiable part of the Tignes glacier is ~80% melted.

The last ~20% will vanish before 2030, possibly 2025.

Global boiling is killing it.

In 1999, you could ski it 365 days a year.

In 2019, it will struggle to make 300.

By 2029, it will probably be down to 250.

This is how it looks today -- without a white polish.

Seen bigger icecubes.

snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
russ_e wrote:
Daedra wrote:
God save Hintertux

Hintertux is looking a little barren on the WebCams, though I hear there was 20cm of fresh snow this morning.

Stubai is also looking promising
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
My trip inside the ice caves up on the Grand Motte about 14 years ago seems a distant memory now.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy