Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SAVE THE PLANET SNOWCHAIN EXCHANGE

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Right ... I’m busily winding down the DH and XC biking and winding up the ski prep.

Just how many set of chains are lurking in people’s garages, workshops and lofts?

I have four sets which are no longer a fitment for any of our cars. Can MODERATOR set up a stick snow chain exchange. People just pay postage and a token fiver or a fiver to SH. That way we make a tiny contribution to saving the planet - one small thing to stop Greta saying none of us old guys care.

And another for THULE roofracks and fittings - I have a shedful of them, sorry I mean a Shed Full of Them.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'll join...

WANTED 225/50/17 Chains.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 29-09-19 13:39; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@valais2, At this very moment I have been trawling ebay, gumtree and facebook for some. Unfortunately as most adds do not say wheel size or chain type it takes ages......
Great idea but I fear the only sticking point will be that there will be loads of smaller sizes listed that nobody now wants as average car tyre sizes have grown over the years and there will be a dearth of bigger sizes.
I am looking for some for 215 55 17 and have at least 2 sets that fit 195 65 15 spare here. Obviously they fit other sizes too but I will have to look for them now.......
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think I have some old chains and Thule roof bar bits in the garage. Just discovered that Thule have changed the foot kit and old adapter kits are in short supply. I know I have one for a three door Audi A3/S3 2011/12 vintage. I'll have a look and see what else I can find.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Great idea but I fear the only sticking point will be that there will be loads of smaller sizes listed that nobody now wants as average car tyre sizes have grown over the years and there will be a dearth of bigger sizes.

This - I have at least 3 pairs in the loft, but all for cars with 14 or 15" wheels!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@tarrantd, HA! I indeed thought of this. But three things ... the thought of free chains obviously will stimulate mass purchase of small-wheel cars; young people (regrettably not those on SHs.....) heading out for their first season will be in 20 year old Polos and 205s; and finally - I have some bigger ones for the common large size of 205 60 16.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
tarrantd wrote:
I think I have some old chains and Thule roof bar bits in the garage. Just discovered that Thule have changed the foot kit and old adapter kits are in short supply. I know I have one for a three door Audi A3/S3 2011/12 vintage. I'll have a look and see what else I can find.

I have a couple of 3D printers. Maybe I can print some more or possible make adaptors? Happy to help if I can.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have bought a bigger set for new car and so I have an unused set that fit 215/60-17, 215/65-16, 215/75-15, 225/55-17, 225/60-16, 225/70-15, 225/75-14, 235/45-18 & 235/50-17 for sale. Anyone interested?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@skitow, my son in law looking for 195 70 15 for VW T4 camper. Yours might fit. Where are you based?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w wrote:
@skitow, my son in law looking for 195 70 15 for VW T4 camper. Yours might fit. Where are you based?

Had a look on them, they will only do 185 70 15 according to the lists. I am in North Wales. They sound small wheels for a campervan ?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks. Yes, I thought that. It'll be here this afternoon, I'll take a look.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Try these !! https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/304021953657184/
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy