Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Female boot recommendation for really narrow feet

Poster: A snowHead
Trying to sort out a family member without spending a fortune. Advanced piste skier trying to replace 15 year old Salomon giving blisters. Any really low volume women’s boots out there?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have quite narrow feet, but probably not the narrowest.
I was fitted with this boots at CEM's: https://www.rossignol.com/uk/rossignol-pure-elite-120-blue-black-boots-alpine-rbh2210-000-2019-2020.html
Unlike many other low volume boots, they also have quite narrow heel while allowing for a wide calf, which was always a problem for me.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Full Tilt?? Soul Sister??
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Second vote for the Rossignol's and as said, narrow heel but still allows for a muscular calf! (and so cosy with the merino wool...)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have narrow feet (the only part of me that's narrow!) and I have Atomic Hawk Ultra. Extra bonus is that they are really lightweight.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the tips. Those Rossignols look perfect with a 98mm last and warm inners but can’t see them on Sport Conrad. Will search elsewhere.

These Nordicas came up in 98mm last:

https://www.sport-conrad.com/en/products/nordica/pro-machine-115-w-gw.html

And the Hawx

https://www.sport-conrad.com/en/products/atomic/hawx-ultra-115-s-w.html

And these Lange maybe better still in 97mm

https://www.sport-conrad.com/en/products/lange/rx-110-l-v-sc.html

And with walk mode

https://www.sport-conrad.com/en/products/lange/xt-110.html
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mrs Oceanic has very narrow feet. She uses a 93mm last Atomic Redster WC. They were too wide with the original liner, but fit nicely with a Palau Overlap liner (10mm foam version).
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@BobinCH, 98mm is hardly a “narrow” last ...

Certain models have “low volume” versions.

But, “boots on a budget” rarely ends well...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Oceanic wrote:
Mrs Oceanic has very narrow feet. She uses a 93mm last Atomic Redster WC. They were too wide with the original liner, but fit nicely with a Palau Overlap liner (10mm foam version).

Wowsers! Aren’t they stiff? This one is a mid forties week a season skier so might struggle to drive a race boot?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
BobinCH wrote:

Wowsers! Aren’t they stiff? This one is a mid forties week a season skier so might struggle to drive a race boot?

They make the Redster WC in 110, 130, 150 & 170 flex versions. She has the 110 flex version (40 years old, three weeks skiing a year, but learnt to ski when she was a child).
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Oceanic, The Redster WC seems to be only available in 170 flex now. The Redster STI has replaced it for the other flex points, with I gather a slightly different last. I guess there might be some Redster WC 110s in clearance.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rjs wrote:
@Oceanic, The Redster WC seems to be only available in 170 flex now. The Redster STI has replaced it for the other flex points, with I gather a slightly different last. I guess there might be some Redster WC 110s in clearance.

The WC110 seems to be listed on Atomic’s website. I think Atomic won’t sell it direct to consumers over the web though, as the vast majority of people will need boot work doing to get their feet in to it, so they only sell it through ‘racing’ shops.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The Lange XT is a superb boot, my daughter (twenties) is using a pair, and absolutely loves them. Although the Atomic is a bit lighter, if that matters..
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
under a new name wrote:
@BobinCH, 98mm is hardly a “narrow” last ...

Certain models have “low volume” versions.

But, “boots on a budget” rarely ends well...

These are the low volume versions - see the Lange descriptions. Narrow last/low volume is typically 97 or 98mm. Medium last is 100. Wide is 102+

Only ones I can find less than 97mm are race boots like the Redsters. I suspect she’s currently got a 100mm last average boot from 10 years ago and is swimming in it. A 97mm modern Lange will be a big improvement! Aftermarket liner if there’s still too much space. Those Lange are Euros 299. If I take her to the shop in Verbier we’ll quickly get to 800chf. IMO it’s worth the risk.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@BobinCH, Race boots intended for teenagers can be narrow but not nearly as expensive as the adult boot, manufacturers want to encourage the kids to keep skiing.

Atomic do Redster STI 90 and STI 70 boots with a 93mm last.

@Oceanic, I was just going off the Amer Sports race catalogue for this winter, it doesn't list any Redster WC model other than the 170.
snow report
@BobinCH, I think my last Salomons were 92mm stock (and somewhat blown out).

You might want to look at Salomon is the Swiss stock em?
latest report
The actual last width of the boot will depend upon the mondo size as manufacturers quote the last widths of each model based upon a particular size - usually a 26/26.5 - but it may vary between makers. For example, Amer (Salomon & Atomic) base their widths on a size 26/26.5 shell for both mens and womens boots.
So the sizes above 26/26.5 will proportionately wider and the sizes below will be proportionately narrow.

I'm not sure what the change in last width is likely to be but it's important to know as, for example, if the change per size is 2mm then if a foot when measured on a Brannock comes out at 24 mondo and 96mm width then that'd be equivalent to a 100mm width in a 26 mondo so it's not actually a narrow foot at all.
snow report
@spyderjon, as always ... on the money ... snowHead
ski holidays
And of course you can then have a wide last width but a low volume and vica versa. My Dynafit Mercury/Vulcan boots are pretty low volume with a narrow heel but have a 102mm last width.
ski holidays
@BobinCH, what size? Someone is selling a pair of Lange RX 110 in 24.5 on the local fb page.
ski holidays
rjs wrote:

@Oceanic, Amer Sports race catalogue for this winter, it doesn't list any Redster WC model other than the 170.

Interesting info, thanks.
snow report
Scarlet wrote:
@BobinCH, what size? Someone is selling a pair of Lange RX 110 in 24.5 on the local fb page.

Thanks but too small. Need size 26/26.5
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy