Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nevica basic equipment

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello I am new to the ski/snowboard sport. I used my friend's equipment to go snowboarding a week ago and I was very impressed with it. I am planning to buy some basic equipment on a budget for me and my girlfriend and rent some ski/boots to visit the ski center once more next month. I found a Nevica ski jacket and pants combo with 10.000 waterproof/breathability, at 85 euro total, at a very well known sports e shop. Are those clothes good enough for a start or should I consider buy something more expensive?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For a start - yes :: Also keep an eye on Lild/Aldi for other items (base layers/socks etc)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The only thing that troubles me is if they are waterproof enough because I tend to hit the snow quite often NehNeh.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Padded shorts are handy if you fall on your back bottom a lot...

I believe Nevica are a brand that is now owned by that E-Retailer. Its worth checking what other brands they may have in stock. I have seen Nike, ONeil, Salomon go for very low prices also.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Other than the jacket pants socks gloves what else should I buy?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@georgepapa,

there is a whole thread on this here

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=22621

hat, (or helmet?), goggles, some base layers would be good.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh thanks for the info I totally missed the post. It is quite informative. Thanks again everyone.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy