Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Molltaler in October?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey! Looking for a family ski holiday (all strong intermediates) for mid October. We went to Hintertux last year and loved it despite the sheer ice. Looking for something different for this year. We're flying to Munich and hiring a car. I have to avoid telecabins (damn phobia).

What's Molltaler like? Their piste map notes the blue area as 'training piste', does that mean it will be covered in courses and the regular skiers have to stick to the reds and blacks?

Any other ideas appreciated Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Canuck, quite a few teams train there in October so not much is open to the public.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Canuck, I never really got how they marked pretty much same course with black, red and blue... all the same slope Smile Anyway.... officially you have one slope with 3 courses, left is blue (course 2 and 3 also called trainining piste), middle is red (1), and right is black (4a). In reality it's pretty much single, some 150m wide slope. And in october it's full of gates, whole width of slope, so if terrain is open for public at all, you have some 10m wide line marked with plastic band to slide down at best. In my opinion not really great place for skiing, and until middle of November when some other places open, I never bother to go there, unless I call few friends and go with one of teams that train there and ski between the gates.
Another thing worth mentioning is snow there... this years still looks relatively ok, but even now, I would say half of this slope is closed as there's no snow, at least based on photo from webcam, and until they make or until they get about 1m of snow, it will remain closed, as right half of course is all rocks and no snow/ice.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy