Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Gervais Le Fayet

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, I am taking the family for their first skiing holiday in February to St Gervais. Best accommodation deal we could get for a family of 5 was in La Fayet.

Does anybody have any experience of this village? Tips on transport to the lift stations that kind of thing woukd be really helpful.

Thanks all
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Clem Fandango, Le Fayet is almost valley floor, in relation to St Gervais itself. You’d be close to the big supermarket, but not to the skiing. With a car, it could be an option, as there’s loads of free (AFAIR) parking at the lift base station but still a 10 minute or so drive up the hill. Without a car, and relying on the resort bus if the route exists and is regular/reliable, IMO, it would be a pain.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Clem Fandango, Where in Le Fayet ? It goes from the valley floor up to the road that links St Gervais and Megeve.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Clem Fandango, be more helpful if you only had one thread ...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

more helpful if you only had one thread ...

+1
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yeah, accidentally posted in snow reports.

Im open to any helpful suggestions for further up the valley.

Thanks
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Clem Fandango, I don't know what you're paying so can't comment.. What are you paying?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If your staying anymore than 20 min walk from the gondola you better with a car anyway, so the drive up isn't a deal breaker BUT YOU HAVE TO HAVE A CAR
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
St Gervais is made up of,various areas, le Fayet , where the station and thermal park is located. There is a hotel down there called the terminus which buses guests to the lift each day.

St Gervais town/tramway / cable car area . Served by ski bus or walkable to the lift.

Bettex - midstation of cable car , so access to town limited but ski access.

Route des Contamines area. - flat walk to village and on ski bus route

And lots in betweeen. I saw à place advertising itself as St Gervais the other day that is actually in Passy On the other side of the valley, just trying to jump on the success of St Gervais

Feel free to drop me a line privately with details of what you have found and I’ll let you know the best option bearing in mind your critera.

A
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@stgervais estate agent thanks so much for your help. Very much appreciated!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'd second the view that Le Fayet is fine if you have a car and don't mind a 10 minute drive to the lift. Bonus of that is you could also drive to Les Contamines (20 mins) or Combloux very easily.
Not exactly alpine charm down there though and your accommodation could be in the fog all week even while you are skiing in the sun. Neither of which may matter to you.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just to say - as an agency do not do rental property, so no commercial interest to the company, but I have a a few contacts so if I can find you something in town it will cut down on or avoid any driving - and the town is a nice place to wander, grab a drink / food , soak up the atmosphere, catch a film , subject to the program etc.

Let me know your needs dates and numbers or beds/bedrooms and I will get back to you with anything available.

A
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Clem Fandango, I don't know if you are committed to Le Fayet financially, but we found that staying in St. Gervais proper was very easy, and not particularly expensive. @stgervais estate agent can probably hook you up. As noted, it's a charming town with great ski infrastructure, even if not particularly snowsure, being around 1000 m or less depending on where you are.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy