Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Would these skis be suitable?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@NickyJ, have you seen if spyderjon has anything suitable in his demo ski sell off??

I’ve got some 149cm k2 missy skis if interested? Was going to sell them in November
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@kitenski, there was very little short enough at the ski test and the Dynastar she did try and liked 151cm aren’t on the list....

Edit to add: Just google the Missy skis and they are also twin tipped so those in 149 are same length as the ones local to me? Gut is saying that they aren’t long enough really to worth switching to.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@NickyJ, yup they are a twin tip, last skied by my daughter when she was 15 in 2018. I've just measured them, tip to tail is 146cm, so if your daughter is 160cm they may suit? I just measured my head and it's about 14cm from top of my head to bottom of my nose!! so they could be the middle of her head which would be ok I'd say. They are very light with an adjustable binding on them.

Pic of my daughter on them stood next to me & my wife when she last used them, I'm 178cm for reference!

I *think* I'm down in Milton Keynes next week (wed) and staying over. I could chuck them in the car if that was anywhere near you??
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the offer @kitenski.

Over the weekend I spotted these

https://www.glisshop.co.uk/ski-sets-bindings-/dynastar/alpine-ski-set-team-speed-white-jr-xpress-bindings7064901

With the 20% off code, ended up £78 inc delivery.

So they are on their way to us. Hopefully eldest will get on with them and I have made mistake.

I measured her again 9 days ago and she had grown another 1cm on the few weeks before!

However I am hoping that these 150s should see her through her teenage years, as I was on 154s until a few years ago.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Glisshop really are doing some great deals just now.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@NickyJ, that's a cracking deal, I reckon you'll be able to sell them on when she does outgrow or out ski them at a decent price as well!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy