Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes and The Espace Killy 2019/20 (Useful Links Page 1)

Poster: A snowHead
Any mammut dealers left in Tignes for airbag cannisters?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@SBP, see answers on page 3 wink

Re Mountain Attitude i can only see half his face so can't offer any comment yet, but I will rattle the jungle drums.....
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
chocksaway wrote:
@SBP, see answers on page 3 wink

Re Mountain Attitude i can only see half his face so can't offer any comment yet, but I will rattle the jungle drums.....

Valerie at Duch Sports (Skimium) has said they don't any more.
Nil response from Intersports Tignes as yet

Keeping fingers crossed for MA!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just copying this link from the PSB thread: the launch of a new off piste and touring routes book on 9 Dec. I know one of the authors so I'll be there

https://descentes.eu/en.html
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@chocksaway, ordered, thanks.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
endoman wrote:

If you use paypal, they might deduct psotageas well for the pick up on 9th dec option!
E2A: nope - it didn't - my mistake!

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 7-11-19 8:16; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Many thanks, @chocksaway
Bought it now, probably at least a few months too soon. But it looks like a great idea beautifully realized, with the profits going the right way.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@chocksaway, Daft question perhaps, but do you know what date the QdC Burns Supper is in Jan 20?

I know we usually miss it but I have a feeling we might just catch it this season?

Merci
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SBP wrote:
endoman wrote:

If you use paypal, they might deduct postage as well for the pick up on 9th dec option!

Yep I used paypal, but sadly not on the PSB so post it will need to be. I have the old Vamos book somewhere, but my copy must be 25 years old!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@SBP, looks an excellent book!
What time is the launch event on 9 December please?
Is the Terrachu on the left on lakeside on road towards Val C?
snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
PeakyB wrote:
@SBP, looks an excellent book!
What time is the launch event on 9 December please?
Is the Terrachu on the left on lakeside on road towards Val C?
snowHead

Yup, looks very good/Haven't a clue/ditto, never been to Tignes!

Serendipitously picked up the link elsewhere

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Wed 6-11-19 21:40; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@SBP, yes, Terrachu is as I remembered. About 10 minutes stroll of 1 free bus stop from Le Lac centre.
snowHead

snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@PeakyB, Or 1 minute from the stop at Tignespace.

@GreenDay, IIRC it's normally on the 'day'. But I'll ask Sarah when I get there. Got quite a long list now! Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@chocksaway, Got my dates wrong.......miss out by one day. Some of our other mates arrive midway thru the previous week, will let them know they need to get in quickly.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Looking cold and snowy again this morning Madeye-Smiley . More snow forecast over the next couple of days according to Tignes.net.

@Mark1863, Even allowing for the fact that you'll have to feed yourself, the difference in price would pay for a least a couple of weeks skiing with Snoworks.
snow report
Can anyone (chocksaway wink ) confirm when the barrier goes down (ie charges kick in) for the main Val Claret outdoor car park?
Will we need to pay from 15-17 Nov 2019? Puzzled
snow conditions
@mountainaddict, The car parks charges start when the winter season starts, so 30 Nov.
snow report
@mountainaddict, As @rjs, said! So i'd park in the Golf park for free, so no snow clearing!

Looks like the temperature has dropped a bit compared to the last forecast so snowy down below the Dam. Good news for all, especially for Yan at the Rosėe Blanche!!
snow report
chocksaway wrote:
@mountainaddict, As @rjs, said! So i'd park in the Golf park for free, so no snow clearing!

Looks like the temperature has dropped a bit compared to the last forecast so snowy down below the Dam. Good news for all, especially for Yan at the Rosėe Blanche!!

Just need the La Daille webcam back on so we can see the iconic green tables and chairs going out.

The Bellevarde webcam is back up today so hopefully La Daille next.
ski holidays
seems to be snowing a fair bit up top from the inside out team!

but a touch windy! https://www.facebook.com/InsideOutSkiing/videos/1177946435928184/
snow conditions
muppet wrote:
chocksaway wrote:

Just need the La Daille webcam back on so we can see the iconic green tables and chairs going out.

Tyres are out on the Val nursery slope cam. Although the new website means I can't find a way to make the image full screen like it did yesterday
latest report
@kitenski, The "Inside Out" team seem to have an uncanny knack of timing their trips when there's fresh snow. wink
ski holidays
Ta for the parking info - free it is then! Very Happy

Every little helps...(with the price of beer in Tignes) wink
snow report
Just bought my season pass. It's always a bit of shock when you press the 'complete purchase' button but makes it so much easier to justify coming out before Christmas..... Laughing
snow report
Mountain Attitude opens on the 24th

From their Facebook which I cant seem to link!

Ça sent bon le début de saison !!!
Ouverture du shop le 24 novembre, les "engins" et équipements de glisse arrivent très prochainement!
#theshopisnotdead#bureaudesguidestignes#openingsoon
snow report
@Tigski, thanks.
I imagine they will have enough ski boots etc. My issue is with boot fitting experience, which should be little IMHE if it only involves the new owners.
snow report
Les Brevieres this morning

snow report
https://www.tignes.co.uk/webcam-lesbrevieres-image.php
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Tigski wrote:
Mountain Attitude opens on the 24th

From their Facebook which I cant seem to link!

Ça sent bon le début de saison !!!
Ouverture du shop le 24 novembre, les "engins" et équipements de glisse arrivent très prochainement!
#theshopisnotdead#bureaudesguidestignes#openingsoon

Didnt realise there were new owners there - we have already booked (and paid for) ski hire based on previous years experience...........................
snow report
@drporat, Fully understand that
snow report
so my completely unscientific view of webcam watching is that there is a decent early season depth up top when the gully under this lift fills in and the track opens, which appears to have just happened over the past few days!

snow conditions
Looks like clear skies and a moderate breeze for those lucky enough to be up on the GM around lunchtime. Cool snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
muppet wrote:
chocksaway wrote:

I messaged them the other day... they are refurbishng the cameras one by one. Our LD camera will be back up very soon. Laughing
snow report
GeorgeVII wrote:
Looking cold and snowy again this morning Madeye-Smiley . More snow forecast over the next couple of days according to Tignes.net.

@Mark1863, Even allowing for the fact that you'll have to feed yourself, the difference in price would pay for a least a couple of weeks skiing with Snoworks.

That is what I figured. I have overcome my moral qualms.

What a difference a week makes!

Looking glorious. Blowers going full tilt on the Double M.
ski holidays
stunning pic from snoworks https://www.facebook.com/snoworks/?tn-str=k*F

snow report
The App has just burbled! Vanoise is opening tomorrow, opening up Face and Rimaye so anyone not in a vest will have a decent ski area.

Marvellous!
ski holidays
https://www.facebook.com/tignes.france/videos/3169400256465745/UzpfSTE2MTY5Mzk1MzkzMzE1NjoyMDM2OTQzMDU5NzQxNTYw/
latest report
They're blowing snow at the top of Toviere that must be a good sign!
ski holidays
And in Val Claret at the bottom of Henri & Bollin / Fressie

Getting quite excited for the PSB now Very Happy
ski holidays
Sunrise this morning, from Bellevarde.
Damn webcams, don't allow me to do anything else! NehNeh

snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy