Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes and The Espace Killy 2019/20 (Useful Links Page 1)

Poster: A snowHead
Another 50 com of snow. Just seen a pic of a mate with the snow blower out. He gave it the end of season service last week!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks both @GeorgeVII, @chocksaway,
I attached the order from my online account to my original email to them but as you say it does not include the pass numbers. Frustratingly I have photos of the passes but just miss the last digits!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@chocksaway,

Loads of snow over the past couple of days.

The pisteures were blasting yesterday but not heard anything today.

The snow in the village is pretty wet but higher up it must be epic Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Grinning, I am in the same situation, so I attached a copy of the order and the purchase invoice and received a confirmation email back from them. Let us know if you hear anything back from them about whether they are able to process without the missing pass numbers and I will do the same. I am imagining they will be able to trace the passes with the order and invoice details..?

Anyone have any idea how much they are refunding on season passes? I am just curious - I've opted for a credit on next year.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@lynnecha, nothing on the grapevine yet.
But hopefully more than the seasons car park ticket which was 0.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@lynnecha, IIRC I read somewhere that Val 'd Isere were refunding about €250 on an "early bird" pass which I think cost €1080? when purchased.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@chocksaway, @GeorgeVII,

Thanks for the update. I’d be more than chuffed with €250!if it materialises. We have taken an 11 week lease on the same apartment we had last last season as an act of faith, with a ‘refund if resort totally closed’ protection clause. Fingers crossed we’re all fit, well, and skiing by 2021!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Anyone any idea why some runs are still pisted?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The Val Claret webcam is back on the 28th April but I don;t think they'd had new snow at that time, so it looks like it's been since it closed. Which ones have you seen that look pisted?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Trolles - or whatever it is called now - looks pisted to me
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Can't really see on my phone, but as the season would have finished yesterday perhaps they have pisted to allow the staff to collect all the piste poles and orange cushions. Not easy skiing moguls with an armful of kit!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
You mean Julian Clarey : - ) Not sure, looks nice though
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Looking at the picture from 4pm today Trolles/Johan Clarey hasn't been pisted. It's fairly smooth due to recent snow. There are a few lines on the top section (before turning left towards Le Lac) and a piste basher has driven up to the top of the free chair, but they've not pisted the run or even a line down the side of it (at least based on that picture from the Le Lac webcam).
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@chocksaway,
Quote:

Can't really see on my phone, but as the season would have finished yesterday perhaps they have pisted to allow the staff to collect all the piste poles and orange cushions. Not easy skiing moguls with an armful of kit!

Thanks very much for another season of valuable information and your local insights on just about everything Tignes.

Hope your summer is safe and as enjoyable as it can possibly be. snowHead
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@PeakyB, Ta!

Just had an e mail from STGM, they are refunding me €207 from a pass that cost €828, so 25%. May take up to a month for the transfer.
latest report
Just spoken to a couple of friends on workers passes (self funded) they are getting 25% back too so €270 on a €1080 would seem reasonable.

@stewart woodward, 25% of nowt is still nowt, guess you'll have to drink Mrs W's refund!
ski holidays
@chocksaway,

Or think about it another way, never paid owt so saved €1080 Very Happy
latest report
@stewart woodward, next fish and chips on you next time wink
ski holidays
Quote:

next fish and chips on you next time ..... and a Cafe Gourmand.
latest report
Well I just had an e mail saying they are refunding me 414 euro, amd should be in my nominated account in 15 days, for my season passes. I am assuming that is for both passes, not each.

Faster than I thought.
snow report
Thank you Phillip, Stewart, Mark, Chocksaway (and others) for the advice on STGM refunds. Just got £225 credited back to my credit card (as used to buy season pass) having filled in the on-line form just over a week ago. Really hope I can put that towards a 2020/21 season pass!
latest report
Just heard from TCC that they are still alive and accepting deposits for next season. They say you will get the deposits back if you cancel priot to 1/9/2020. So might book something to show willingness. Pondering
ski holidays
Champing at the bit here to start getting organised for next season. But so much is up in the air... The big thing is how to make it all work with social distancing. I've heard from a few contacts that Tignes may be trying to open up for a summer season, perhaps as much as anything to test how things can work while it's not completely mobbed as in a typical February. Anyone heard anything on that front?

I've stayed with TCC for the last two autumns and really enjoyed it. Always a great bunch of guests. Likewise Chardons down in Brev. I've been in touch with Chardons and they are still working on the what and how of next winter. Good to hear that TCC are going to try to make a go of it.
latest report
Will be watching Tignes with interest, for those of us out in the UK getting out of the country might be the bigger problem, although interesting that Johnson and Macron seem to have agreed there's no need for quarantining between the two countries.
latest report
Tignes are looking to open for the summer season, preparations are under way and the glacier is looking great from the village.

Not sure if they are expecting to open the nursery slopes in le lac but the snow cannons were blasting away this morning Laughing
ski holidays
@stewart woodward, How do you do social distancing in the funicular ?
snow report
@rjs,

Pretty easy, restrict numbers, which in the summer is easy, sit opposite each other rather than stand next to each other.

A bigger problem would probably be T bars
ski holidays
@stewart woodward, there was a rumour they weren't going to open the glacier for skiing this summer, have you heard anything either way??
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@kitenski, I looked at the ski pass site today and they mention that they hope to open for Summer skiing subject to adhering to Gov. guidelines.
snow report
Thanks George, Stewart. That all sounds quite encouraging. Apparently at the same distance apart, being positioned side-by-side is safer than opposite each other - which makes sense as you are not breathing at each others' faces. Let's see how that's implemented on the funi... As for T bars, I guess solo riding is one answer.
ski holidays
As for T bars, I guess solo riding is one answer.

Is there any other way? wink
ski holidays
Lift pass refund arrived on the 13 May to my French bank account. Not bad time given the circumstances. Initial submission was on 25 April.
snow conditions
T bars have always been held up as the ‘social’ lift, particularly in Scotland where everyone talks to each other. I guess this is a situation where Pomas and button lifts are now the tow of choice snowHead
ski holidays
Lots of people out touring this morning. Double M up grande motte looks like a motorway rolling eyes
Looks like lots of new snow at the top due to the last couple of days of bad weather
ski holidays
Quick update.
I hear there's lots of snow on the glacier. The piste bashers have been working and opening is planned for the 20th June
latest report
The summer works are in full swing. A Kaman K Max Synchrocopter was lifting all the running gear off the Tichot pylons this morning. Good to see the maintenance proceeding.

Mind you it disturbed the sunbathing for a couple of locked in chums.
ski holidays
Local agents report that the roof trusses are being lifted onto The Aplaka Nouveau. Wonder whether they can get the immigrant workers to fit out a 5 star hotel before (Or if) the guests arrive?

Also lots of road resurfacing and the golf course is being repaired. But some Marmootes have moved into the Golf Car park in VC!
latest report
Forgive the cross-post.

https://www.ledauphine.com/societe/montagne

Pisaillas to open 6th June; Grande Motte 20th June (latter as already mentioned by Stewart). Will be keeping an eye on webcams and this thread to see how the S-D works out.
ski holidays
If we could travel and get accommodation I would be almost tempted to go and ski on the GM once it is open. Better than sat at home!!
ski holidays
Pisaillas in Val d’Isere requires a pre booked slot and everyone must wear a mask.
I’ve not looked into the booking system too much as I’m in Ayrshire and staying within 5miles of home, in accordance of the guidelines from Nicola, Unlike most of Glasgow who descended on our seaside town this weekend.
Sorry for the rant.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy