Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes and The Espace Killy 2019/20 (Useful Links Page 1)

Poster: A snowHead
stewart woodward wrote:
Mrs W wrote:
@stewart woodward,

If you're worried about weight issues perhaps I should stop making you cakes???

You know cakes are one of the 5 a day essential foods Toofy Grin

Yep :- cake, tatties, tea, mushy peas, real ale.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Kenzie, Hope you live in a tent!

Muppet - I would suggest a beer normally, probably not wise as I am moving in with the wrinklies to hep them at the weekend - next you are down PM me!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@8611, Ta!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@chocksaway, Did for 9 months around Africa.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Groundhog day rolling eyes

More sunshine, great snow and quiet pistes Very Happy enjoying the life hopefully we will not get a influx of tourists at the weekend.

Weather forecast for tomorrow looks like more of the same. This us probably the longest sunny period we have had all season Puzzled

The travel news for the weekend looks good at the moment with very few cars expected up the mountain.
Flights should be OK with chambery reporting few delays expected but baggage handlers may be on strike
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stewart woodward wrote:
Groundhog day rolling eyes

More sunshine, great snow and quiet pistes Very Happy enjoying the life hopefully we will not get a influx of tourists at the weekend.

Weather forecast for tomorrow looks like more of the same. This us probably the longest sunny period we have had all season Puzzled

The travel news for the weekend looks good at the moment with very few cars expected up the mountain.
Flights should be OK with chambery reporting few delays expected but baggage handlers may be on strike

Getting bored/cabin fever already? Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@stewart woodward Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Does anybody know if STGM have announced any refund procedure for the un-used portion of season passes?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Mark1863, some confusion here. It said yes, that disappeared from the website. Now it says if you bought a pass, non defined, on line it will be done automatically.

Val site says yes but amount undecided. I am now guessing but I bet they are waiting for guidance from CdA HQ.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@chocksaway,
Thanks
Will leave it a week and see what happens
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There is a form on Tignes.net for reclaiming parking. Not sure if it applies to season tickets but I sent it with the proofed required anyway!

It's a pdf form, just remember it's a , between the euros and cents not a .

Took me 5 mins to work out why acrobat was making a rude noise!

It also asks for a digital Sig, I printed signed and scanned.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@chocksaway, York over the past few days has been unbelievable but lovely without the crowds. I'll give you a shout next time I'm down or maybe a meet up in La Daille.

STVI sent out information today on claiming on your season pass. I've had my monies worth from my pass so not sure about claiming compensation.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@muppet, Sounds good. Waitrose virtually fully stocked this morning. If you could live on easter eggs.......

But there was a queue outside Barclays?

Still nothing from STGM - weekly passes can be claimed but season passes exempted at the moment. I know a couple of Rottweilers still living in the village....
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@chocksaway,

Mrs W bought her pass from STGV so no problem Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@stewart woodward, I didn't realise you were 75 and exempt wink
snow report
Radio Val d’Isère posted a picture of the 1st marmot of spring spotted today.
snow conditions
@chocksaway,

Hope you have enough food. Spar supermarket is giving 50% discount today on cheese, eggs, yoghurt, ham etc. No shortage here rolling eyes
ski holidays
@stewart woodward, off to the ancestral seat. Normally enough food in stock to feed an Army there!
snow conditions
Quote:
Radio Val d’Isère posted a picture of the 1st marmot of spring spotted today
They'd be self-isolating if they knew the score wink Hope there wasn't another one within 2 metres...
ski holidays
Snowing Very Happy
snow report
stewart woodward wrote:
Snowing Very Happy

Aaah that'll be the first of the little top-ups I ordered before our trip on 4th April!!!
latest report
Webcams look amazing.....wish I was there.
latest report
Thought I would write to STGM re the season pass refund, The offices are closed. The following is the text of an auto-reply

"Welcome to the STGM.
Following the government decision, our offices will be closed as of today for an indefinite period.
Your requests will be processed as soon as we reopen.
We remind you of the following terms:
If you bought your skipass from a tour operator or hotel, please contact them directly.
If you bought your skipass on our website www.skipass-tignes.com, no action is needed, your file will be processed automatically.
For any other cases, please fill up request on https://ticketoski.fr/en/tignes
Given the exceptional conditions, we thank you for your patience.
In view of the large influx of requests, if you have already asked us for a refund, we ask you not to follow up.
Thanks for your understanding.
See you soon."
snow conditions
Snowing, first time since 24th March Very Happy

The sunshine has been very welcome during the lock down but a little snow reminds us that Tignes does not officially close for another couple of weeks rolling eyes
ski holidays
@stewart woodward, that will delay the opening of your nearest golf course Laughing
Trust you 2 are ok.
latest report
@chocksaway,

The Greens are becoming visable, not sure if we are allowed to go and have a little chipping practise Puzzled
snow report
Received a emial from STGM re season pass refund:

"In accordance with the latest directives announced on Saturday March 14th by Prime Minister Edouard Philippe, the resort of Tignes had to close its ski area.

Due to this exceptional situation and in order to offer you the best service, we invite you to drop a claim on https://ticketoski.fr/fr/tignes/situation/791.
You claim must be made before June 30th 2020."
You need you on-line order or pass and receipt

Its a bit fiddly. Make sure you validate via the e-mail you receive after completing the on line form

Decided to be optimistic and took a credit on next season's pass. Roll on December. A bit of mountain air would do me a lot of good just now.
latest report
Link not working for me. 404 error
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Mark1863, I got the confirmation second time. The first submit did not give a fail, just one of the fields went red off the screen (silly me I copied the pass number directly off the pass and kept the leading 0,) but being a Yorkshireman I did scroll up as it involved money!

I then got an e mail this morning saying it may take 4 months.
ski holidays
@Philip1972, try the English version of the link
https://ticketoski.fr/en/tignes
latest report
@chocksaway, Thanks Chocks
snow report
1.0m of snow forecast over the next few days. Looks like sunbathing on the balcony has come to an end Puzzled
ski holidays
Will check on line sometime to see if they have done my credit. Keep safe this summer Tignes-ites. Covid-19 has curtailed my skiing and taken an uncle. It is not in my good books - in fact I think it is a nasty little ******.
snow report
I filled in the form and uploaded the online order confirmation and receipt - received a confirmation email this morning. As @chocksaway, says it will be up to four months to process, but I have opted for credit for next year. Makes me feel optimistic! Hope everyone is keeping well and staying in good spirits.
latest report
I’ve just read this on a skiing Facebook group, can anyone confirm it’s validity or not?

I have friends that work for STGM (the company that operates the lifts in Tignes), and they’ve confirmed to me that the glacier will he closed for the summer (despite what happens with covid) in order to preserve it. This was foreseen before everything kicked off with the virus.

As to whether they will open for this weekend in November I don’t know, however, as it’s closed for the summer skiing, I imagine they’ll open the glacier the same day as the rest of the resort for the winter... which, unless there has been a massive amount of early snowfall and low temps, is unlikely for the weekend mentioned.
snow report
@kitenski, I did hear rumours about this pre c19 in the village. Flogging a dead horse springs to mind as the glacier was late opening lat year, perhaps they will wait till November 1 or Oct 31.

If the do we will have snow in September!!!

I know STGM have been lobbying to continue into June and then knock skiing on the head till late Autumn for some years. But the Marie had been holding them to their licence negotiated some time ago. As this licence is up for renewal in the near term we shall see what happens.
latest report
Shame about summer skiing but glacier certainly needs a breather - I wonder whether such a “rest” will help.

Promo season pass credit request sent in but passes and receipts in the apartment and no auto-processing for season passes (FR version of STGM notice). Will take a trip out there as soon as possible but not looking like anytime soon.
snow report
@Grinning, Have you still got the purchase e mail, that will count as proof as a pdf. It may well have the pass number on it, if not it is in your online account
snow report
@chocksaway, If you look at "my orders" when you've logged in you can see the order/transaction number. I couldn't find the lift pass number on any of my correspondence. Maybe a quick email to the office quoting the transaction number would sort it.
snow conditions
@GeorgeVII, I'll have to have a look when j am next on my laptop, maybe a while...

Meanwhile 40cm of wet snow in Lac overnight, much blasting this morning.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy