Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help, Austria for a month!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All
Following a similar request for France, where we're not getting very far, I have some Qs about Austria...

Context: we want to do a month where skiing wise 'we' can cruise to our hearts content; and 'I' can go off and scare myself occasionally. We want nice, comfy, roomy accom- a sticking point in france so far, where we have tried Mauranne, GM and PdS, where season passes are bearable. (eg 2500E for 3V kills the budget dead)

The Questions:

1. Will Arlberg do the job? (Piste maps say yes)
2. Is it included in the Freizeitticket Tirol pass?
3. Where would be a good travel base? (We'll have a car.)
4. Is there a better place within the Freizeitticket Tirol remit.

Thanks for reading.

CG

PS, the budget is <£5k for accom and passes- closer to £4k the better.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Freizeitticket only includes three days in the Arlberg, so not really a goer for a month there. Innsbruck makes a better base for the FZT and probably fits the other criteria. However, you need proof of residency in the area to buy one, so you'd have to figure out a way to wangle that. The Snow Card Tirol https://snowcard.tirol.at/ gives a bigger range (though still not the Arlberg) and there are some others listed here: https://www.tyrol.com/things-to-do/sports/skiing/ski-pass
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Charliegolf, I'm doing a month in Innsbruck in January and was pointed here by the tourist office-

https://www.freizeitticket.at/mein-ticket/verkaufsstellen/

@Scarlet, the tourist office didn't mention residency to me - I'll email them for clarification.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Tom Doc, I'll be interested in what they say – I've previously gone in with paperwork, but it doesn't mention anything about that on the website and you can buy it online (PS. cheaper in October wink )
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Salburger super ski card looks good value.. covers alot of areas, also good train links if you don't feel like driving
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Charliegolf, The Arlberg would be ideal however it is not part of any of the area season tickets either in the Tirol or Vorarlberg beyond a few days for Tirol residents as noted above. If trying other places is important then perhaps either the Zillertal which has a number of good sized areas (Kaltenbach/Hochzillertal, Zillertal Arena, Mayrhofen and the glacier area at Hintertux) and relatively easy to go elsewhere too (Kitzbühel, SkiWelt, SkiJuwel all not far) or the Paznauntal, primarily Ischgl but also Galtür, Kappl and See not so easy to go elsewhere but Serfaus / Fiss is doable Nauders and Kuhtai a bit further (St Anton is not far but would need buying day tickets). Alternatively go further east with either the Super Ski card (SkiWelt, Kitzbühel, Saalbach plus some others) or SkiAmade. Neither offer quite the challenges available further west. Best place to find apartments is via the relevant tourist office website.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Superski card is excellent value, especially the early bird offer before 4th December. I have 3 weeks in the area this year and it easily parts for itself. One of the weeks will be touring around and I will be based in Zell but won't ski there more than a day. It is well located for getting to other areas. Within 30 mins is Maria Alm, Saalbach and Gastein. 40 mins will get you to the Kitzbuhel system via jochberg. And within an hour is Wagrain and alpendorf.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Charliegolf, having just read the terms and conditions (AGBs) for the Freizeit Ticket you must:

* have your main place of residence in the Tyrol (and be ready to show your Meldeschein not older than 3 months), or
* be employed in the Tyrol (and be ready to show your social insurance papers), or
* be studying in the Tyrol (and be ready to show your student card)

https://www.freizeitticket.at/agbs/
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thank you all for your replies- I'm still having trouble finding accom acceptable to SWMBO, so the lift pass is moot at the mo.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
What about

https://www.stantonamarlberg.com/de/unterkuenfte/bergheim-appartement?categories=ec3c8e0c-961c-4cfd-900e-1f2875acce63&from=2020-01-04&order=price-asc&rooms%5Bgroup%5D%5B0%5D%5Badults%5D=2&rooms%5Bgroup%5D%5B0%5D%5Bunits%5D=1&rooms%5Bsingle%5D%5B0%5D%5Badults%5D=4&rooms%5Bsingle%5D%5B0%5D%5Bunits%5D=1&to=2020-02-01&towns=a45dd9bc-5ee5-4a09-8b83-34b728b2f917&type=single

plenty more similar
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Charliegolf, Sent you a PM regarding accommodation and have a look at the Ski Amade Pass (780km) for 592E if bought by December, or upgrade to the Super Sazlburg pass (2750km) for 747E if you must.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@panaga52, Noted thanks, will have alook.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy