Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Like Les Deux Alpes....... But not Les Deux Alpes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking to book for 2020, we've been to L2A for the last few years as my wife is a non skier and prefers the fairly snow free main street and the lift down to Venosc where its normally green and sunny Smile

Skiing is getting very samey, can anyone recommend anywhere similar in Europe?

Thank you
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It won't be snow free - But Arc 1600 has a lift down to Bourg St Maurice, which is a proper town.....or you can stay in BSM.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Briancon is totally different from Les 2 Alpes , but it is normally sunny pleasant with a good town vibe and has excellent skiing above it, the skiing is different from Les 2 Alpes but very good.,
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Morzine, Les Gets and Samöens offer the inverse (stay in town and go up to ski) with the sort of balance in conditions you ask for.

Also Champéry on Swiss side of PdS ski area had attractive town and very effective cable car lift from village centre straight up to ski altitude.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Montgenevre might also be a possibility.....though crossing into Italy could be a problem, depending on how Brexit goes.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Old Fartbag wrote:
Montgenevre might also be a possibility.....though crossing into Italy could be a problem, depending on how Brexit goes.

Puzzled Puzzled
Disagree with Brexit but they are both Schengen countries so if you can get to Montgenevre the crossing should be no problem.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
T Bar wrote:
Old Fartbag wrote:

Puzzled Puzzled
Disagree with Brexit but they are both Schengen countries so if you can get to Montgenevre the crossing should be no problem.

In this case, I have no idea if UK passport holders will have the freedom to move between 2 EU countries, if we crash out with no deal (we are not in Schengen and FoM would have ended) - but maybe it would be too hard to police. It's a long time since I was there (about 30 years) - but seem to remember needing a Passport to cross into Italy.

Ps, I'm almost certainly talking bollox, as an ETIAS will get you into Euro Zone.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@tomlin169, try somewhere in Austria as you often need to get a gondola from the valley floor up to the skiing. Most of the season the valley floor will be clear of snow. I am sure there will be plenty of suggestions here but St Anton or Mayrhofen come to mind.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There's lots of places in Austria where you can be based in a proper town and still have easy access to skiing. I'd recommend looking at Mayrhofen and Bad Hofgastein, both are decent towns in relatively low valleys but with direct gondola access to the skiing. From the times I've been in them I'd say Mayrhofen has the less snowy streets although obviously that's not guaranteed. Bad Hofgastein has a home run into the town from the main ski area whereas at Mayrhofen you need to download on the gondola. Mayrhofen is the bigger town but Bad Hofgastein has an excellent Spa/Thermal baths complex. Both have train stations so day trips to Salzburg or Innsbruck are easy for the non-skier.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
tomlin169 wrote:
Looking to book for 2020, we've been to L2A for the last few years as my wife is a non skier and prefers the fairly snow free main street and the lift down to Venosc where its normally green and sunny Smile

Skiing is getting very samey, can anyone recommend anywhere similar in Europe?

Thank you

Kitzbuhel or stay in Kirchberg the cheaper side of the mountain.
You can take lift up the mountain, ski down & meet her in Kitz for coffee, then take lift back up & ski back down in the Kirchberg.

good train/public transport links, so she could wonder off to other towns easily.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kitzbuhel village isn’t usually snow free though, is it?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Another +1 for Mayrhofen. You also get quite high as a non skier on foot for going up for having lunch in restaurants for example.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Zermatt.

snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thank you for the suggestions, will look into them Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy