Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

All inclusive family trips

Poster: A snowHead
I don’t normally go for these but want an easy trip. A 6 and an 8 year old that have had one week skiing. What companies do people recommend? Also which French resorts are best for beginners? Probably looking at going over new year.

Thanks for the help
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You have a PM
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you want the budget end of the options, UCPA do some family weeks - my daughter and family are looking to sign up for Les Contamines at Christmas. More expensively - Club Med. Most resorts will be suitable for beginners - provided you find the right ski school! I think we need some more idea of your requirements, to provide the most relevant suggestions.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Clubmed works very well for kids this age a is truly all inclusive but of course as any options has positives and negatives. We did Clubmed for a few years with similar aged kids, although we are trying DYI option this year
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the replies.

I want fully inclusive with someone that provides both good ski lessons and some kid clubs through the day. Not to worried about the evenings as we want some time with them. Ideally not a massive transfer from the airport and close to the slopes from the hotel/apartment. Not sure if there’s a better type of resort to be looking at for the early January period. Obviously we want good snow and lovely weather as well......... not asking for much rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Try Club Med (CM)! It really is fully inclusive

For a resort close to the airports with good slopes for the kids - Try CM Valmorel. For a bit more snow sure (but longer transfer) - Try Les Arc (Peissey-Vallandry) or La Plagne
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skitrack wrote:
Try Club Med (CM)! It really is fully inclusive

For a resort close to the airports with good slopes for the kids - Try CM Valmorel. For a bit more snow sure (but longer transfer) - Try Les Arc (Peissey-Vallandry) or La Plagne

Or indeed ClubMed Arc1600 the latest build (and greatest according to their blurb... until the next one comes along). Same mountain face as Peisy Vallandry, just the other end of the ski-area
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Arctic Roll

Indeed, but probably because it's new (aka Club Med Les Arc Panorama) it's actually quite a lot more expensive. I've also not been there (even for a lunch time visit) so won't actually recommend it.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have no experience, so prob shouldn't comment, however the Club Med lessons I see always seem to have large class sizes, compared to normal ESF even!

Possibly won't be a problem early Jan and sure others will have views
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Do you mean All Inclusive? Or do you mean an operator which is child care as part the package?

In which case I would look at Esprit- we used them when my girls were those ages and they loved it. You have the kids clubs and much smaller lessons than I observed with Club Med.

We also used Mark warner once - and didn’t again as preferred to not have the mix of families and adults in the accommodation- a number of adults only people were telling kids off for nothing or something a different child did. With Esprit all people there have kids so you can just let them play together in the bar / lounge areas. Also we liked the baby listening service meaning we could put them to bed and normal time secure in the knowledge there was a baby sitter on the floor who would call us if needed while we had supper and a drink downstairs.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We have stayed in Club Med Valmorel in the summer and it was excellent. I have skied in Valmorel in the past too but stayed elsewhere in the resort. I would imagine that the Club Med in Peisey (les Arcs) would be another one to consider for winter.

There are other cheaper all inclusive chains like MMV but if your budget will run to it club med is an enjoyable experience.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skitrack wrote:
@Arctic Roll

Indeed, but probably because it's new (aka Club Med Les Arc Panorama) it's actually quite a lot more expensive. I've also not been there (even for a lunch time visit) so won't actually recommend it.

I sincerely admire your principles: but it's the internet, where everyone has an opinion, not just those people with valid experience! wink ( there are some threads on here which could be trimmed from 1000+ pages to a few lines if we applied THAT criteria...)

Although the original intent of my post was only to make the point that there is more than one Club Med in Les Arcs...

For clarity for the OP:
I've not stayed there. But: I have spoken to people who have been resident (well, it passes the time on the navettes, and it isn't London Underground, so it's perfectly acceptable to chat...), spoken with locals who have friends working there, have seen the slope access from the Mont Blanc Piste, and peered in throught the front doors - it looks & sounds fabulous. And I'll say that even when it is in direct competition with my own village, 1950

I am sure you are correct that the price reflects its newness and quality of facilities.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Another one for Club Med. stayed at Sestriere & Siere Chevalier with them.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Not done Club Med but done both Crystal and Esprit when our kids were young. We preferred Crystal as their hotels gave us a bit more flexibility. The esprit chalets felt a bit regimented and many of the kids were very young. They will certainly take care of the kids all day though the older one might want to.be out with you more.
Resort wise I'd look at Les Gets/Morzine for short transfer and plenty of scope for the family.
Serre Chevalier and Montgenevre are also worth a look if flights are to Turin, its a trek if you're flying to Grenoble.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Arctic Roll indeed Toofy Grin Laughing
latest report
Evening
Just to close this one off. Following on from the various recommendations on here, I contacted Born 2 Ski. Spoke to a chap called Mark who went through all of our needs and wants. Came back really quickly with three options. We have booked through Mark, a Club Med all inclusive trip to Pragelato Vialatte. The whole process was fantastically easy and smooth. I always thought I would be paying a premium by going through an agent but it actually worked out better than I could do online.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions. Can’t wait for the week to come.

And I owe Mark this at least, www.born2ski.com

Thanks again, this is one of those rare forums that never seems to descend into anything other than helpfulness
latest report
Quote:

Thanks again, this is one of those rare forums that never seems to descend into anything other than helpfulness

Don't read the Brexit thread, @justapurrin wink Have a great holiday.
latest report
Trying not to get to carried away looking at what may or may not happen if and when brexit occurs. At least it’s atol protected etc, unless Thomas cook brings them down as well.
snow conditions
Belambra Holiday Clubs have taken over Hotels like The Golf and Cachette in Les Arcs and Diva in Tignes - and they seem to do all inclusive.
ski holidays
@justapurrin Not been to that one - Need a trip report when you get back!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy