Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

March Ski weekend from Geneva

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Heading out for a birthday weekend snowboarding in early March. Just me and the Mrs as the kids are staying at home this time... Little Angel
Have been to Chamonix Valley & Portes Du Soleil lots of times so would rather avoid those areas and stay somewhere different this time. However we arrive into Geneva at 9pm so don't want to travel too far although not averse to hiring a car if necessary.
Any suggestions of picturesque resorts and/or great places to stay would be very welcome... budget is decent as it's a birthday trip!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Les Carroz would work

Milk hotel is good http://www.milkhotel.fr/en/index.html

or push the boat out for Les Servages across the road

https://www.servages.com/fr/
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@pablito69, has to be Verbier. Suspect you will be looking for more luxury, but if you want to do it on the cheap, hotel le gietroz in le châble had some of the best food I have eaten anywhere. Others will be able to recommend plusher joints, but for skiing, people watching and close to GVA, Verbier is mighty strong.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Car rentals may be closed late in the evening.

Go to Verbier.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Book flight and wait. Snow conditions will be all. Long way to Verbier, and if you are prepared to go that far, I would carry on and go to Zermatt. Verbier very overrated if you are a piste skier. Off piste, well I would not know.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Zermatt = intermediates.
Verbier = experts.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Car rentals may be closed late in the evening.

The OP said he will get to Geneva at 9:00 pm. A couple hours before the hire companies close.

I've got to Geneva many times after that, hired a car and driven down to Les Arcs getting there before midnight. No problem.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've got ski weekend in March. Staying at Hotel Phenix in Verbier. I chose it because it's quite central and close to lift so should maximise time on slope. But I've not been before so can't recommend it (or Verbier).
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just check whether it’s still French school hols-harder to find accommodation for a short stay if it is.
I second Les Carroz and the Milk Hotel recommendation. Bang on an hour by car from Geneva.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We did a long weekend much the same 2 seasons ago and went to La Clusaz, and i'd highly recommend it.

It's not a massive area, but you can also ski at Le Grand Bornand as well. Scenery was stunning, really quiet when we were there (late march), hardly a single queue all weekend.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions, checking out our options now
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
For a special trip Verbier or Zermatt great choices. Zermatt last train is 20:02 so no good if arriving at 21:00.

Verbier pistes perfectly good for a long weekend. There are some long beauties like Plan de Fou and Jumbo and quieter areas like La Tzoumaz and Bruson that provide variation. And for good skiers if you can handle the itineraries nowhere better!

In Verbier try W hotel if budget not an issue or Farinet if you want to be in the action. Le Châble a great choice for more reasonable accommodation but you’d need to get the bus down if you stay up in Verbier for dinner.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy