Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

sierra nevada spain

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
am looking at the is as a possible option at feb half term as flights seem reasonable, me the missus, 4 year old and 7 year old..... has anyone done it? ski accommodation ski in / ski out? any other thoughts? cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snowheads seem to love it, but I and several work colleagues have driven from Lisbon various times and no one ever got a full week skiing; either not enough snow or the mountain was shut due to wind.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Orange200, is that for mid Feb?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not really ski in and ski out but depending where you are, the town straggles up a hillside and I think there is a circular ski bus to the main square close to the access gondolas, not too far to go and thus you need to check where your accommodation is. Wind is a huge problem and it is in a large high bowl so there are no trees on a whiteout day. I believe there are British instructors and ski schools there. Budgetwise it is a good deal - food and drink are relatively cheap, as is ski hire, especially if you move about 50 metres away from the bottom of the pistes and there are a few minimarket type places in town. Snowmaking in the main bowl and most of the lifts are good. I cannot comment on what else there is to do there but it is c30 minutes drive from Granada up an excellent mountain road. Car parking can be expensive but some places come with car parking. Lots of gentleish and wide greens at the bottom of the main bowl, some good blues. Only really decent long reds are in the Lac sector which can be shut due to wind, too much snow or too little snow. A couple of short and challenging blacks. Can be very busy at weekends, I believe - I have only ever been up midweek when it is relatively quiet although we drove up on a Sunday evening and hte traffic going down was very heavy. Suspect a lot of Spanish people have apartment there for weekends/holidays. I think the odd tour company must go there as it is not uncommon to hear English spoken, and German and Dutch as well as Spanish
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@NickyJ, yep mid Feb..... really it’s for the kids so access to nursery slopes is key..... accommodation looks quite limited? Have looked on Booking.com but not anywhere else. Thought that’s trip here may be cheaper than usual French options etc and I can fly from Leeds Bradford etc
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Try the Sierra Nevada ski website and an English lookalike one as both have a commission options. We stayed a couple of nights at the mont blanc hotel c100-150 metres to ski lifts. Fine, a bit dated but you are there to ski......
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ajc2260626 wrote:
@NickyJ, yep mid Feb..... really it’s for the kids so access to nursery slopes is key..... accommodation looks quite limited? Have looked on Booking.com but not anywhere else. Thought that’s trip here may be cheaper than usual French options etc and I can fly from Leeds Bradford etc

It was one of those places I have wondered about for half term. Was asking Orange as he seemed to feel it wasn’t a good area: I was questioning what time of year as seems very surprising to have those issues listed in mid Feb.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Novelty resort.

Good scenery.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My apologies - autocorrect has changed accommodation to "a commission" somehow rolling eyes

https://sierranevada.es/en/

https://www.britishskicenter.co.uk/sierra-nevada-spain
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
My apologies - autocorrect has changed accommodation to "a commission" somehow rolling eyes

https://sierranevada.es/en/

https://www.britishskicenter.co.uk/sierra-nevada-spain
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
NickyJ wrote:
@Orange200, is that for mid Feb?

I believe so, as most of us here are on UK school holidays (international schools) and it would be way too warm by April.
It seems the problem is the topography, it's the highest mountain around, so there can be a lot of wind at the top which either shuts the lifts or blows the snow off or freezes it or all three.
You say your children are 4 and 7, that doesn't sound very demanding - if you go expecting 3 days skiing and 3 days tapas you'll have a great time I'm sure.
Go hoping for 6 days' good skiing and I fear you'd be disappointed.
I try to be careful as I've seen other snow heads who love it, but that's from my experience. I went once (8 hours drive) and won't go back, 12 hours to Andorra is so much better.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

way too warm by April.

It's one of the latest opening resorts, often up to the first weekend of May.

I've been the last few Decembers for 3 days each trip and had a great time with most slopes open and good weather but I accept that may just have been good luck! Plenty of nursery slopes in the main bowl which is accessed by two gondolas and so you can download after if you don't fancy the home run blue which can be busy and icy at the end of the day.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
countryman wrote:
. Suspect a lot of Spanish people have apartment there for weekends/holidays. I think the odd tour company must go there as it is not uncommon to hear English spoken, and German and Dutch as well as Spanish

Most likely just the locals, so many retired or holiday homes around there.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy