Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arc ski pass question

Poster: A snowHead
Looking at passes for Les Arc and see they do a Classic and Essential version.
The Essential has some OK benefits that I would probably not bother with, apart from an extra half day pass free.

We are thinking of doing some extra skiing on our last day and leaving in the evening, so this would be ideal.
On the les Arc site it just says extra half day free, but on the lesarcsnet website it says this can only be used on the Saturday you arrive.

Has anyone used this half day? Is it restricted to the arrival day and not the departure day?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
as far as I know the lesarcsnet site isn't an official one. I would go with the official site says

https://en.lesarcs.com/ski-pass/bon-plans-les-pass.html
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This page (official site) indicates that the extra half day is at the start: https://en.lesarcs.com/forfaits-ski/good-deal-pass.html
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ish303, Not sure on the prices this year, but last day skiing, presumably Saturday, can be best achieved with a Samedijeski voucher - it was €35 for the day last year: which is cheaper than the €45 difference between a 6 and 7 day pass. See here for details: ( they put up a dedicated page during the season)

https://www.lesarcs-peiseyvallandry.ski/en/samedi-je-skie
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@ish303, as per what the other guys say. Half day is preceding only. If you want to ski last day use the voucher site.

On the La Plagne they had a weird thing a couple of years ago where if you booked through an agency the half day was the following morning of the last day (ended at 1pm). So we got a voucher for the first Saturday and bailed at 1pm the second Saturday. Last year they reverted to the half preceding again!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We booked through agency in Feb and our extra half day was the day we left - kind of useless as we were leaving early hours to drive home in day rolling eyes

However it was a lot cheaper than booking direct so not end of world
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The new passes look interesting. Apparently there will be a separate queue that premium pass owners can use to get straight on the lifts. Useful in vacances scholaires and likely to prove value in extra skiing time
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@iainm, The Essential lift pass is the old Paradiski (whole area) lift pass and gets the separate queues on some lifts in the same way as happened last year. The Premium pass seems to add something similar for the Aiguille Rouge cable car. There's some discussion of this here.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Apparently there will be a separate queue that premium pass owners can use to get straight on the lifts.

You can pay 8 euross on the classic pass, or 4 euros with the essentials to get on the aiguille rouge lift earlier. As @Alastair, says the essentials pass has its own queues for a few lifts. Last New Year it shortened the queues from 5 minutes to 1 minute; certainly not getting "straight on"
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It's a real shame you have to use the half day on your arrival ☹️

It would have been perfect on our last day (Saturday) so may have to check that samedi ski pass.

I have to say I found it really annoying last year that they only open the lifts at the same time as ski school starts.

For one it meant we couldn't use the lift 20m from our hotel and had to trudge the kids over to the meeting point.
And also just creates a mass queue of ski school, parents who drop off at ski school, plus others all at the same time.

I don't understand why they don't open at 8:30 or 8:45 to spread it all out.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

I have to say I found it really annoying last year that they only open the lifts at the same time as ski school starts.

OK my observations are only for Arc1600, other villages may have different start times, but the classes start at 9:30 and the lifts at 9:00. During the Christmas holiday I think they start at 9:15 which is not long enougth to get the cachette lift up and ski down. During the Febuary holidays, 9/02 to 08/03/2020 the classes stat at 10:00

Check https://www.esfarcs1600.com/ados/cours-collectifs
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The half day pass on first day I believe comes from having tour op's clients arriving at various times during Saturday and not having passes issued but starting first thing Sunday. Guess it's kinda legacy of that as, certainly in 1800, you'd be allowed to use a couple of the chairs immediately going out of the village to get your ski legs going without any pass needed.

Start time, last year me plus son took the "get out first things with pistuers " trip on which you get a small look at what they do prior to opening. They get you up to ridge above 1800 and clear you to run on prescribed limited piste opened for you. But it's clear to see all the pre-work they do in getting pistes checked, lifties running up equipment during safety checks etc. It's all got to be scheduled in prior to public release.

It was an absolutely superb morning out though on an astonishingly clear day. We felt privileged to enjoy and see what they do.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@ski3, Yep I must do that now they run it from Arc1600 as well
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

The half day pass on first day I believe comes from having tour op's clients arriving at various times during Saturday and not having passes issued but starting first thing Sunday.

I wonder just what percentage of clients are using tour operators and what percentage are independents? My guess based on the coaches arriving in Arc1600 is that the tour operator traffic is about 10 - 20%.

I think the half day may be of more benefit to people arriving by funicular. They buy their passes in advance and don't have to queue at the ticket office on arrival. Imagine a whole trainload queueing for their tickets at the same time.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@ski3, I've seen this advertised in years gone by and always wanted to do it. How does one go about booking? When you say its got to be scheduled before public release, does that mean before the passes go on sale?
latest report
Apologies, my grammar. Scheduled before public release I meant for their checks, safety and sign off of all opened facilities prior to the public opening time for general admittance at the lift. To better answer previous posted question "Why don't they open lifts earlier? "

For pistuer's accompanied trip, they initially have to check and sign off the route they are going to put you on, so while that is being done you go up chaperoned by other pistuers, wait at top for them to get all clear on whichever piste they want to use and then you follow guide down initially. Subsequent runs you are on your own but directed as to where you can go. This is taking place while the other parts of the mountain are being signed off, so your collected group gets the skiing done before general public access.

To sign on, go to pass office to book as it's usually done on Wednesday. There is a cost but it's principally for the breakfast you also get at the Arpette restaurant up on the piste above 1600/1800.
snow conditions
It's called 'First Tracks', all info is here
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy