Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

best march late deal

Poster: A snowHead
Looking to book a late deal for around 8 march next year and wanted to see what success people have had around early march in the past. Should I be delaying a week or 2. It would be good to know what type of deals people have managed to get in the past and how late they left it before committing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Would be interested in hearing answers on this too. We're thinking of first week in March.

We've never managed to do a last minute deal, despite intentions to; always end up booking about a month ahead in case nothing available closer to the time Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
French school hols till 11 March - don't go to France before that - much too busy.

Best last minute deals in last week.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Book your flight to Geneva. Add luggage later to save cost now(depending on airline policy of course), then wait. If you are risk averse like me, book decent accomodation on a free cancellation deal. You can change country, resort, and hotel, depending upon snow and hotel deals. As for tour companies, I have not used one for over 20 years. Over to others for advice.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@alan_utchi, Wait until the week before you want to go.

Then check out Iglu, Alpine Answers, Last Minute, VIP, Ski Solutions, and CrystalSki for best "late deals".
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Sunweb. You don't even have to wait until last minute to look. No idea how they offer accommodation and passes for the money. Once we had deducted the lift pass price from the package price in La Plagne last Easter, the flat worked out at £2 per night each. You have to sort your own travel out for maximum savings, but hey, it's like 1999 pricing.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Once we had deducted the lift pass price from the package price in La Plagne last Easter, the flat worked out at £2 per night each.

Probably because Easter 2019 was the last week of the season. How many people did you have in the apartment? The cleaning bill alone would have come to over 30 euros, never mind the tourist tax.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I didn't realise french school hols went so far into march, I might need to push it back to mid March. What type of price have people managed to get in recent year leaving it to the last minute
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w wrote:
French school hols till 11 March - don't go to France before that - much too busy.

???

Even the last zone (A in 2020) returns on Monday 9th. Week commencing 8 March should be fine
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Avoiding Paris area is key - We've already booked for 1st March which is the last week of French Hols and normally OK
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@ecureuil, sorry, was rather hasty and looking at last season's dates! Embarassed
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ok so dates look good and will miss main holidays. The focus now moves to budget, and what a good deal looks like. Does anyone have an idea of what a good price for 2 people in HB/catered accommodation can be had booking a week ahead?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We booked 3 weeks in advance last March with Ski Miquel. Package holiday. 1 week to Saalbach. £699 all in including pass, hire etc.

That is the latest I've ever left a booking. We normally book the summer before. I was checking out offers for probably a couple of weeks prior to this and missed out on a couple of good ones that had gone by the time I rang up.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
That’s a good deal did it include flights and transfers too??
Rather more complex when booking for several people!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Silverski do some decent last minute deals. I have seen 199-399 as prices for chalet board, flights and transfers. They aren't huge (La Plagne, La Tania and one other French resort I think) so may not have the numbers you require at a late stage but they do often say exactly how many beds they have left at whatever price they are offering. In fairness their prices aren't massive anyway. Think they only go from Manchester or Gatwick if that affects your thinking
ski holidays
Booked late February for a mid-March trip to La Plagne. Self catering in a shoebox but was £455pp for three of us including flights, transfers, lift pass and equipment.
snow report
snowornever wrote:
That’s a good deal did it include flights and transfers too??
Rather more complex when booking for several people!

Yes. All included. Was a very good deal.
latest report
General answer with a TO: If you want more choice or to go somewhere specific or booking for peak times book as early as poss. If not book late (less than 10 days before).
snow report
Sorry been away for a few days. Looks like there is a chance of getting flight transfer catered/hb for 300/400 with pass and carriage to add. Or am I dreaming
snow report
alan_utchi wrote:
Sorry been away for a few days. Looks like there is a chance of getting flight transfer catered/hb for 300/400 with pass and carriage to add. Or am I dreaming

More deets required.
snow report
alan_utchi wrote:

I saw quite a few deals on Crystal late March last year. As we had only just come back, I could not convince anyone to go..
but catered chalet for less than £400 had quite a few options. Just had to add on carriage/hire + lift pass.
snow report
We did Cortina, Italy with Inghams for £349 this past March.

Booked the same week for package including flight, transfer, accommodation, HB and afternoon tea.

Lift pass was £200
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy