Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for new goggles

Poster: A snowHead
Layne wrote:
AndreSilva wrote:
Markymark29 wrote:
@Mosha Marc, Oakley Flightdeck Prizms take about 15 seconds to change the lens wink That said I recently bought a second pair of frames with black iridium prizm lens in Snowinn sale, I have hi-pink and also blue sapphire but the foam is a pain when it gets wet (face plant in deep powder), they then steam up so handy for quick swap over if required. Best goggles i've ever had, dont know how folks wear sunnies, eye watering an issue for me when -10C or colder (and also cold face) plus much better peripheral vision in goggles imo.

Hi Marky!
is Snowinn legit/reliable ? I saw some nice sales in there, but I never bought anything. Do you recommend it ?

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=142588

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Question: While brwosing around, I found different "versions" for the same lens, for example:
Prizm Hi Pink Iridium/CAT1
Prizm Hi Pink Iridium/CAT3
Dows anyone know what those CAT means ? Puzzled
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cat is short for category, ranging from 1 to 4 , 1 being the lightest tint , 4 being very very dark, normally cat 4 are used for high altitude/ high UV radiation from very bright sunlight reflecting on snow.
Never seen different cat definitions for apparently the same goggle lenses though . The Oakley website should be able to suggest cat ratings . I'd doubt cat 3 for a hi-pink lens.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@AndreSilva, I’ve used them a few times, no complaints at all, perfect products and quick delivery.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Roguevfr wrote:
Cat is short for category, ranging from 1 to 4 , 1 being the lightest tint , 4 being very very dark, normally cat 4 are used for high altitude/ high UV radiation from very bright sunlight reflecting on snow.
Never seen different cat definitions for apparently the same goggle lenses though . The Oakley website should be able to suggest cat ratings . I'd doubt cat 3 for a hi-pink lens.

Thanks bro!
Probably it was a typo in their site.

Thanks!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Markymark29 wrote:
@AndreSilva, I’ve used them a few times, no complaints at all, perfect products and quick delivery.

Nice, I'll go for them!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.skibartlett.com/downloads/1450279128FREE_Guide_-_Goggle_Lens_Colours_What_Are_The_Differences.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwip9YTE3aLlAhWjShUIHcjPAq4QFjABegQIDhAG&usg=AOvVaw10q3rkoDZ4IUWkiJH_TnZA

Above Link to pdf doc may be useful as it lays out clearly the describing terms normally used into logical explanation.

I think you can have the same colour in different light transmission categories as they leave the die alone and coat the surface to alter how much light reaches the eye, efectively neutral density coating.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bought it!
Got a nice deal at Snowinn for Hi Pink and Sapphire Iridium, now on the wait! Laughing
Thanks a lot for all of you who helped!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@AndreSilva, You'll be impressed with the goggles, also speed of delivery less than a week when I ordered mine 3-4 weeks ago. Bit of a hint....keep your spare lens inside a spare layer etc if in your rucksack, and always in the pouch provided.....also they dont work very well when they split down the middle over your nose in a big fall either, and get smeared with blood, avoid fast face plants on hard ice! wink Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Markymark29 wrote:
@AndreSilva, You'll be impressed with the goggles, also speed of delivery less than a week when I ordered mine 3-4 weeks ago. Bit of a hint....keep your spare lens inside a spare layer etc if in your rucksack, and always in the pouch provided.....also they dont work very well when they split down the middle over your nose in a big fall either, and get smeared with blood, avoid fast face plants on hard ice! wink Laughing

Hahahaha, I'll try to avoid that!!! Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well... I bought the goggles on 17/10 and today, 15 days after, the status still says "In transit to our dispatch centre" Confused
Luckly I bought it in October and not in December Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@AndreSilva, as mentioned above mine less than a week. Maybe they are busier now?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The Summit googles, and I've got the Evolve with 2 lenses, seem to be Copozz. Bought 2 pairs from Aliexpress with low light lenses, soft and hard cases for $76.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32833116091.html?gps-id=6311502&scm=1007.24625.129096.0&scm_id=1007.24625.129096.0&scm-url=1007.24625.129096.0&pvid=43bc6865-c876-4bd4-b2ce-313a797b9485&spm=a2g1y.promotion-20181111.fullPieceDiscountPromo_504935486.32833116091
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pffff... bought it in Snowinn 5 weeks ago and it is not even dispatched yet Evil or Very Mad
Just cancelled, hope there is no problem with the refund, gonna wait next week for the possible black Firday deals somewhere Confused
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@AndreSilva, Thats wierd, mine came super fast, sorry if you took my advice but tbph i've used them quite a bit over the years for bits and never had much issue. I know they get a bad rep from some on here, but i'd deffo use them again (but only in summer when they are quiet) they're a Spanish version of Sportpursuit type company buy in bulk direct and also liquidated stocks and sell it cheap(er), in fact I was about to order a Atomic ski bag from them, but now will go for the Amazon one at £6 more expensive. Look at the SunGod goggles, they are pretty good and if I was going away from Oakley Prizms I'd be buying them, I wear their sunnies for hiking/ apres and they cope with all that gets thrown at them, the 4K polarised lenses are very good...I banged my head on a avalanche barrier one time in summer when scrambling and they scratched but that was hardly suppliers fault, but they send me a pair of discounted new lenses.
ski holidays
Markymark29 wrote:
@AndreSilva, Thats wierd, mine came super fast, sorry if you took my advice but tbph i've used them quite a bit over the years for bits and never had much issue. I know they get a bad rep from some on here, but i'd deffo use them again (but only in summer when they are quiet) they're a Spanish version of Sportpursuit type company buy in bulk direct and also liquidated stocks and sell it cheap(er), in fact I was about to order a Atomic ski bag from them, but now will go for the Amazon one at £6 more expensive. Look at the SunGod goggles, they are pretty good and if I was going away from Oakley Prizms I'd be buying them, I wear their sunnies for hiking/ apres and they cope with all that gets thrown at them, the 4K polarised lenses are very good...I banged my head on a avalanche barrier one time in summer when scrambling and they scratched but that was hardly suppliers fault, but they send me a pair of discounted new lenses.

Nah, don't worry bro, I took that decision based on many experiences I read here Smile
I saw that many people got it within 3 weeks, but mine has been 5 already and when I asked they said that there is no idea on when it will ship.
As I'm going skiing in less than a month, I don't want to take the chance of not having the goggles.
snow conditions
@AndreSilva, It's not just snowinn though :: Ordered something from SportsPursuit, supposed to be despatched 29th Nov - now it is 29th December !
ski holidays
@albob, I've given up with SP, used to use them a bit but they sell stuff they havent even got in stock yet. rolling eyes
snow conditions
Markymark29 wrote:
@albob, I've given up with SP, used to use them a bit but they sell stuff they havent even got in stock yet. rolling eyes

I guess Snowinn is the same thing Shocked
latest report
@Markymark29, Yeah, just discovered that ; will be wary if I use them again..
snow report
Just received Copozz magnetic lens googles from Aliexpress. £60 for 2 pairs. Ordered early Nov. Cat 3/4 and Cat 1 lenses. Interestingly lens fits Summit Evolve goggles!!

snow conditions
FINALLY IT'S HERE!
Found nice deal at Ekosport, got this one:

I also got the Hi Pink lens.

Question:
How do you guys carry the extra lens in the slopes? I thought about putting it on my backpack but if I fall on my back or maybe even the lift can damage it.
Any tips Puzzled
snow report
Put it in a soft cloth sleeve, then a hard or reasonably stiff case.
latest report
Summit and POC sell spare lens cases, but check size.
snow conditions
@AndreSilva, finally, a result Smile
ski holidays
@colinstone, Dont suppose you had a chance to try the Copozz goggles. I have a lot of kids and a strict budget. Wondering if these could fit the bill....
ski holidays
@ado, yes - been using the same goggle from a UK firm all last season. Shops in Tignes selling them as APHEX for €100 approx.
snow report
@AndreSilva, well done, glad you got sorted
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just came back from a nice week at Les 2 Alpes and had the chance to test the Fligh Decks.

As many of you said, changing the lens sucks indeed, required a lot of patience, although it was not a big deal as I didn't need to change it while in the mountain.
I got 2 foggy days and 2 sunny days, perfect for testing.
In general, I like the goggle, very comfortable, peripherical vision is great and it looks awesome, but I watched some videos of people saying that you can't compare with other goggles and so on... the Prizm works like magic and bla bla bla...

One day on the slopes I was having lunch, it was sunny and suddenly everything got really bright and you couldn't really see the snow and I thought: this is the perfect occasion to test the mighty Prizm technology.
Did it help me to see a better contrast ? Yes, but very little. I would say it improved 10%, when what I was really expecting was this:

I tried some goggles that a friend of mine bought in AliExpress for 15 euros. Were mine better than his ? Yes. Were mine 10x better because they cost 10x more ? No Confused
No plans to return, but if it breaks or I need to replace it, I will go for a cheaper one because I don't really see much difference.

Nevertherless, it's a dope goggle, looks good an confortable but a bit expensive for what it offers, thanks for all that helped!
snow report
@AndreSilva, "If" you were using the Prizm Hi-Pink and the conditions "Got really Bright", then (IMO) you were in the wrong Prizm Lens. If the light became very flat and you were in the Prizm Black, then that too would be the wrong choice. I may well have misunderstood your post, though...
snow report
Old Fartbag wrote:
@AndreSilva, "If" you were using the Prizm Hi-Pink and the conditions "Got really Bright", then (IMO) you were in the wrong Prizm Lens. If the light became very flat and you were in the Prizm Black, then that too would be the wrong choice. I may well have misunderstood your post, though...

No, that day I was with the Sapphire Iridium snowHead
snow report
AndreSilva wrote:
Old Fartbag wrote:

No, that day I was with the Sapphire Iridium snowHead

Then my point doesn't really stand up, as the Sapphire is pretty versatile. The Hi Pink would have been a little better, if the light was really flat - but if there is no contrast in the first place, Goggles can't manufacture it.
ski holidays
You guys & gals who work multiple lenses, do you take multiple lenses on to the slopes or pick one in the morning and fingers crossed you have chosen rite?
ski holidays
I have a robust lens case hanging at top of rucksack inside, so start with either lens and change as required
ski holidays
Utterly pointless having the correct lens for the conditions sitting in your room when you're atop the mountain.
snow conditions
I have a cheap pair of Goggles brought off Amazon which work fine on bright/normal days and Oakley Hi Pink Prizms for flat light (which are brilliant for my eyes). I keep the spare goggles in a hardish case in my back pack. Easy just to change goggles when in a gondola or having a coffee stop. In the end I found I was using the High Pinks all the time, even on sunny days. Probably most people would find they let too much light through. But everyone's eyes are different. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
@WASHOUT, spare lens (Smith I/O, old non magnetic version) goes in the top pocket of my rucksack when I'm carrying it. If I've not got the bag, I have sometimes carried the lens in my jacket pocket. No harm done yet; I don't have a hard case.
latest report
Approx 50% of days I reckon I could predict a lense.
I like the concept of changing lenses to suit the conditions but I cannot be buggered with the faff and I generally dont ski with a rucksack unless I need my avi gear then it's a bca float 8 (i dp also have a float 32 but I filled it with to much crap ie spare goggles this bag is now used for touring) so room is very limited and non essential stuff is ditched.
I think when time comes I will replace with like for like they are not perfect but close to it 80% of the time and its tried and tested! Poc photochromic nxt lense.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy