Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How DO you do a Christmas ski trip?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Flying is for planet-wreckers [ / WhiteGold mode]
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Having done ski trips mostly by driving, and often times past with the caravan in tow, I really think driving is the easiest option with kids. Especially at Xmas when you will inevitably end up taking some Xmas stuff with you (its amazing how much room a box of crackers requires and I`m not even sure you`d be allowed to take them on a plane!) I have flown, done trains part of the way, whilst grown up kids have taken the train all the way, and one has done a trip entirely by coach. Having a car take all your stuff to the Alps makes the trip easier, if you can fit all the family in too, thats a bonus Very Happy .

I also like the flexibility having a car in resort gives you, if the snow is really bad where you are based it may be a fairly easy drive to somewhere where it is better. The latest example I have of that is the year of the Snowmeggedon. We were based at La Tania for the New Year week having spent Xmas in Morzine, but the runs back to resort were pretty awful (and I'd had enough of awful runs the Xmas week) so we choose to drive to Courcheval 1800 a couple of days, and thoroughly enjoyed their lovely well groomed slopes. You could of course get there by skiing but that was time and effort.

I have also found that having a car makes the shopping easier. Its been said earlier, but it really does help if you can pick up large shop before you go up the mountain, so much more choice and cheaper! When we have been for a couple of weeks I`ve loved been able to drive down and get some 'proper' supplies!

One thing I have always taken when self catering at Xmas, is a Xmas cake (fruit). It travels well, keeps well, and goes down very well with a cuppa, or a glass of wine, when you get back from the slopes, especially with a piece of nice local cheese!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowdave wrote:
As long as we leave plenty of time we find it's not remotely stressful - far from it, the whole thing is an enjoyable experience.

Without wishing to labour the point and not to say your view is any less valid than mine but I've found airports and flying to become considerably less attractive over the years. From the purchasing a ticket, to parking, to Security, to the boarding process and so on. There is a lot of to my mind hassle, waiting around and things that can trip you up. My kids have flown a bit but my son (14) has developed a bit of fear of flying also.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
So, anyway, after the total great advice, plans for a crimbo in the snow have gone mammaries up thanks to numerous things including a whopping great repair bill for a leaky car. I knew my excitement was premature...

So we're going at Easter instead. I'll give it some time before I ask the tired old questions about which resorts will be worth going in April Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Specialman wrote:
So, anyway, after the total great advice, plans for a crimbo in the snow have gone mammaries up thanks to numerous things including a whopping great repair bill for a leaky car. I knew my excitement was premature...

So we're going at Easter instead. I'll give it some time before I ask the tired old questions about which resorts will be worth going in April Very Happy Very Happy

Bad luck mate!
So do you need advice about packing Easter eggs?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've been skiing on Christmas with my sister and parents a few times. The deal is: skiing is so awesome, that's the Christmas present. Christmas day is just like any other day. Plus, the majority of Europe celebrates Christmas on the 24th so the 25th isn't such a big deal.

It also depends how old your kids are, you won't want to take that attitude maybe if you have young ones. If you're in a hotel they do Christmas dinner and parties.

The new years parties were awesome.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy