Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe d'Huez, Oz, Vaujany, Villard Reculas, Auris - 2019-20.

Poster: A snowHead
Alpinebear wrote:
Snow level now about 1300m

Dumping it down all morning Very Happy

Lots of lifts closed because of wind Sad
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lots of snow last night.

Hopefully less windy today.

Tomorrow snow/rain level rising from 800 to 2000m

Sunny days after.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi all. Myself and girlfriend have just booked a week Alpe d'Huez for the 11th of Jan. We’re in a catered chalet a bit out of the way towards Bergers but it’s ski in/out, so happy days.

Couple of questions:

Looking for somewhere to service my skis, and if they would drop them back at the chalet that would be a plus?

Any ski school recommendations for a week of group lessons for my girlfriend?

Thanks
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
In the Bergers shopping area there are a few sports shops which I'm sure would service your skis. Dominique in Nevada sports speaks good English.

In the 7 years I've lived here never heard a bad word regarding Masterclass for ski lessons.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snowing down at 720m this morning. Some fresh snow on the hard packed pistes should make lovely conditions later.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Skied over there on Christmas day, interesting conditions after the previous day's rain. Poutrain was really horrible, not unusual. Nice to bump into skitow.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alpinebear wrote:
In the Bergers shopping area there are a few sports shops which I'm sure would service your skis. Dominique in Nevada sports speaks good English.

In the 7 years I've lived here never heard a bad word regarding Masterclass for ski lessons.

Thanks for the servicing advice, that’s actually where my mrs ski rental is, so that’s easily sorted.

She’s after week long group lessons, rather than private. Does anyone have any recommendations?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I’ve come across EasySki ski school, which offer adult group lessons- if anyone can comment on what they’re like that would be great?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The resort is busy at the moment, unsurprisingly, but for the most part the queues are modest and can be avoided. We have had good piste skiing in perfect weather, with only the very lowest runs suffering from insufficient snow. Most of it is natural, the ponds are all full and a soon as it is cold enough the snow making will be able to solve the problem. But that doesn’t look like happening anytime soon. That said, anyone coming out in the near future will be pleased to find the pistes above 1500m in good nick.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Wondering if anyone has skied Alpe d’Huez with children as I’m copping some flack at present and the lack of information online isnt helping reassure my mrs all will be fine.

We are staying in Vaujany with kids 4 6 8 who can all ski because of the age of the smallest or possible time we are going Esf vaujany are only offering half days with lunch meaning our style will be cramped from lunchtime.

We are exploring taking them across to the main Bergers ski area, but looks like a bit of a hike, not really worried about any of the kids doing the short red section from the top of the main cable car, just on likely time it may take to do this jaunt and ifs it’s possible to make ski school over there in good time from the first lift.

Any suggestions welcome to avoid world championship pan fighting.

Thanks Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I am not sure what you are asking? Do you want them to go to ski school in Alpe? Because I don’t think that will work. The earliest you could reliably get there is 9:40. First lift from Vaujany is at 9, it takes two lifts to get to the top and they take at least 7 minutes each, plus on/off time, then the ski down is 1000m of descent. If it helps, you can definitely get a lot of Ad’H skied before the post lunch pick up in Montfrais.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Id agree with that, you won't get little ones over to Bergers for ski school, but you can easily go do the Sarenne and be back in Montfrais for pick up then you could take them on the Oz bubbles which arrive at the DMC mid station from which there are acres of greens and fun runs (Chez Roger is it?)
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Anyone out in ADH currently? What are the conditions like? Heading out there 18th - with little snow forecast hoping it will hold up well!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I’m heading to ADH on Saturday, so a conditions update would be great too! Also, what weather forecast sites do people tend to use?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
A little snow due tomorrow then back to sunny conditions.
Snow/Runs still good although I've not skied Oz and Vaujany lately.
snow conditions
WillowWilson wrote:
I’m heading to ADH on Saturday, so a conditions update would be great too! Also, what weather forecast sites do people tend to use?

snow-forecast.com
Bergfex
snow report
We are heading out to ADH on 18th. My husband will be a solo skier, (wrecked cartilage and previous acl repair = no skiing for me Sad ) so if there is anyone else that perhaps he could tag along with so he is not on his own all the time on the slopes, that would be brilliant.
snow conditions
Dm me if you want to
Swap mobile numbers happy to meet up for some skiing with anyone out there same Time as us 18th
snow report
Nice to see the white stuff falling again. Only 5cm due then sunny weekend.
snow report
Work's forecast is for between 15 and 25 cm overnight on Friday.
snow report
Snow's arrived.
snow conditions
Quote:

Snow's arrived

Is it the heavy stuff??
ski holidays
Not the heavy stuff yet.
snow conditions
I take it back. Heavy stuff now!
latest report
Perfect! Fingers cross theres a good 12hours of this! Let us know once it's cleared / how much has settled
ski holidays
Snow snow snow

ski holidays
Snowing down to Bourg which wasn't forecasted.
Quite a few cars putting on chains going up. A few have chanced it and are now struggling to put chains on in the middle of the road.
ski holidays
Friday's snowfall was about 20 ish cm so yesterday was pretty good. Not much wind so managed the glacier via the pic blanc cable car. Legs were aching by the end of the Sarenne.
Cold this morning.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi all, just arrived in Alpe d'Huez. One of my party is looking for private ski lessons, any recommendations for an English teacher?
ski holidays
http://www.masterclass-ski.co.uk/
ski holidays
Nice snowy surprise this morning. Not too heavy but maybe around 5 cm so far.
Been a good season so far.
ski holidays
Thanks Alpinebear. Agreed, nice little dusting today and visibility held out as well.
Quote:

http://www.masterclass-ski.co.uk/
snow report
And the snow arrives Very Happy
snow conditions
Just back from a quick weekend trip to Vaujany. On-piste conditions above 1600m generally very good, below that not so much. It seemed mild in the village (at 1250m), but as you would expect higher up. Lifts quiet, especially Friday and Monday, so it was possible to do a lot of skiing. I am knackered - I need a holiday!
ski holidays
Skied for the last couple of days during lunch in Auris. Hard packed snow everywhere.

School holidays start today, busy 4 weeks ahead.

With SATA buying L2A the lift linking the two resorts MIGHT be back on the agenda wink
ski holidays
Four days into a nine day trip and plenty of skiing has been done. For the most part conditions are similar to the last time I posted, though today was very spring like below 2,000m. Forecast suggests colder temps incoming. As ever thanks due to the pisteurs who are doing very well to groom the slopes in what seems to me to be an unusual combination of conditions for early Feb. Some first lift conditions (esp. Friday) have been superb.
ski holidays
Snow-forecast.com hinting at a return to higher temps from Saturday Sad Fingers crossed they are as wrong about that as they are about most things in their mid-range forecasts!
ski holidays
Mjit wrote:
Snow-forecast.com hinting at a return to higher temps from Saturday Sad Fingers crossed they are as wrong about that as they are about most things in their mid-range forecasts!

Forecasts will inevitably be "wrong" sometimes because the science can not support it - or support it to the precision we would like. So a cold front may drift north or south taking it of or bringing it in range.

That said I find the forecasts do quite often hold even 4-5 days beforehand.
ski holidays
As forecast the snow has arrived. Snowing down to 1650m at least.

One can only hope the snow can make it to the Netherlands and Belgium to save their season.
ski holidays
Arriving in Vaujany on Sunday. I see snow-forecast have now reigned back from yesterday's forecast for heavy snow predicted on Monday to light snow. Looks as though it will be cold from midweek.

Getting excited..only 3 sleeps to go snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy