Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 2019 - 2020 (Useful links are added to the first post)

Poster: A snowHead
Wow look at the snow, Been away in Dubai and Abu Dhabi for a bit getting some sun now looking forward to the snow, its looking great. I still have to wait until Jan 25th for our first time to Les Arcs! Webcam watching has started lol.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What is the collective noun for a group of piste bashers? I looked at the live cams just now and saw 5 parked together at the bottom of the Vagere lift.

They are getting the resort ready.

It looks good
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@johnE, that looks like a lunch break of pistebashers to me. Possibly because the Hotel Golf is doing a special on lunches for staff training until 13th Dec.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
So johnE and Alastair - there are 4 watching the web cams live, who's the other one Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Artois, guilty Embarassed
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
wills_h wrote:

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy a snowheads full house on the viewing figures!!!!!
Roll on next weekend
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I was also wondering who all the snow shoers were yesterday at the foot of the vagiere around lunch time
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Artois wrote:
wills_h wrote:

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy a snowheads full house on the viewing figures!!!!!
Roll on next weekend

I've been checking in daily too.

Pistebashers on the Vagere livecam, and watching the picnic benches disappear on the Grizzly webcam. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
staying at club med panorama. Does anyone know the closest ski hire shop? Prices in hotel seem pricey.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@ianvip, There are a number in Arc 1600: Intersport, skiset etc https://en.lesarcs.com/shopping/equipment-rental.html. Or you could go to 2000 or Bourg st Maurice.

You will need to get the bus down. It is a 10 minute bus ride.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
johnE wrote:
@ianvip, There are a number in Arc 1600: Intersport, skiset etc https://en.lesarcs.com/shopping/equipment-rental.html. Or you could go to 2000 or Bourg st Maurice.

You will need to get the bus down. It is a 10 minute bus ride.

Thanks JohnE. Anywhere walking distance to Club med or is it way out on its own? 2 young kids in tow.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@ianvip, bit out of the way I'm afraid. Piste-side so easy to ski, but of course without having hired your skis first...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Also: according to my in-screen snow alert, look like a metre or so forecast over the next 5 days... Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Arctic Roll wrote:
@ianvip, bit out of the way I'm afraid. Piste-side so easy to ski, but of course without having hired your skis first...

Coming on 15th. Very excited. May just have to stump up the cost
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Great post mate, thank you.
latest report
Is there something on here of good places to eat with two kids in Les Arc, you know the kind of thing they like pasta and pizza!
Thanks
snow conditions
If I'm looking for pizza, I'd go to Barking Mad in 1800 for their duck, Mont Blanc just below the Grizzly chair in Vallandry for a good range with thin base or Vogga Gogga in 1800. I dont know about pasta.

Barking Mad is in the square behind the front of snow in Les Arc. Mont Blanc is an easy ski down a blue from 1800 and Vogga is on the Mille 8 piste or top of the Dahu cabin out of 1800

I like Altiport lunches at the bottom of the ski park between 1800 and 1600 but have never had their pizza. I can very much recommend their hot choc though. Its also a good spot to watch the air bag and skiing over a pool, on a decent day
latest report
@ianvip, If you look at the piste map https://en.lesarcs.com/piste-map.html the club med is at the junction of the mont blanc and arpette (formally know as sources) pistes. It is quite a way from anywhere. I think that isolation is intentional. However there is a bus stop specifically at the entrance so guests can escape if they want to.

@mickbrophy, There are lots of good places to eat in Les Arcs. I didn't know your kids like pasta and pizza but most places will serve spag bol. The only pizza place I know is pizza charlotte in Arc 1600. You tend to see a lot of kids in the Arpette, Enfant Terrible and the other self service places. They are OK, but not the best places to eat. At the moment my favourite place for lunch is the hotel vanoise
ski holidays
@Arctic Roll, I must check my snowchains fit my new car. Meteo France is predicting quite a lot of snowy days leading up to christmas week.
snow conditions
@mickbrophy, +1 for Barking Mad and the Mont Blanc, also for on the piste try the Bulle Café in 2000 for pizza at lunch times.
ski holidays
@mickbrophy, @ipken, the Pizza in the Altiport restaurant is excellent. One of my favourite places for lunch.
latest report
johnE wrote:
Meteo France is predicting quite a lot of snowy days leading up to christmas week.
Excellent! New winters fitted a couple of weeks ago. Bring on the snow!
latest report
Off to Arc 2000 for Christmas staying in Chalet Des Neiges Arolles - was planning on grabbing a take out pizza from Whistlers on arrival day but I've heard a rumour that it's now closed. Can anyone confirm or deny?
ski holidays
Not sure about closed, I thought it had just changed hands
latest report
How difficult is it to get from Arc 1950/2000 back to Arc after the lifts have stopped?

Arc 1950 in particular looks pretty at night, so I was thinking about maybe taking the last run of the day into 1950 for drinks and dinner. I saw that the shuttles do run into the evening, but it looks like we would have to first go to 1600 and then switch buses to get to 1800... Is this doable or should we just stick to lunch there and ski back?
snow conditions
It's doable, but you are correct you would have to go to 1600 and then switch bus. It'll take a while. Plus I'm not sure what time the busses stop but it's not that late.
latest report
@LesMiz, https://www.lesarcsnet.com/buses

I think you need to leave 1950 about 19:40 to get the bus back to 1800. You could get a later one if you are prepared to walk between 1600 and 1800
snow report
Sounds like it will be a bit of a pain to constantly have to watch the clock, especially with all of our ski equipment... Maybe we'll just stick to 1800 for evening activities.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jut been catching up with various forecasts and our own weather outlook thread here. Things seem to be shaping up very well for season opening. At least a couple of bands of snow this coming week, and the snow line no higher than 11100m or so. Happy days!
snow report
Quote:

11100m or so. Happy days!

A tad on the high side
ski holidays
johnE wrote:
Quote:

11100m or so. Happy days!

A tad on the high side
Sure, it would be nice to get down to 400m or lower, but compared to some of the season starts we've had over the last five or six years I'll take any snowline below Villaroger.
ski holidays
@rob@rar, Villaroger's obviously going up in the world.
ski holidays
Ah, just spotted it! Embarassed
ski holidays
Lifts opening tomorrow on the Roche de Mio and a few others in the Bellecotte La Plagne area only for one day. Weather permitting!

https://www.la-plagne.com/decouvrir-la-plagne/domaine-skiable/webcams/roche-de-mio?fbclid=IwAR1WTniOaSLqYAWpNoBUhtSzYajzSUH10hrCSK7tfvLI-KMZGEHE-HFPr4o

It is a pity Les Arcs are not doing the same at the weekends in the Arc 2000 bowl. There is now enough snow on the main pistes. Anyone out this weekend. There are some people taking a tour in Les Arcs on Saturday or Sunday as a pre-season warm up. Please do share some photos of the conditions.

http://m.webcam-hd.com/lesarcs/arpette?fbclid=IwAR3u2YVLPdHWdXNFhg7vKR_POoaCAfP-cJfb23TanITOOPUxG1dt4fFcl3Y
snow report
Anyone caught wind if they have figured out the owners lift pass scheme yet? It’s like Winter is a surprise every year to the Les Arcs tourist board.
ski holidays
@thefatcontroller, still waiting...

Arc 1950 owners are not a happy bunch (as you may know, I'm deeply embedded the 1950 owners' association) . I've gone "a la carte" to mitigate the loss of a serious benefit of staying 'local'.
The pass discounts have always been a serious consideration when deciding where to go with the 'boys week' - lose them, and other resorts will become more attractive. This year with no clarity on what they are offering, we're staying in BSM rather than up the mountain. Their loss.
latest report
@Arctic Roll, ski la carte looking like our option. They are clueless.
latest report
@thefatcontroller, I've sort of given up on the scheme at the moment but I'll have a chat to my neighbour when I see him at christmas. He seems to have his finger on what is happening in the resort.
ski holidays
@johnE, got some passes to buy so need them to announce the scheme. Their initial idea broke every aspect of GDPR and I think that was mentioned to them hence they have had to go back to the drawing board.
snow report
What were / are they trying to achieve with that scheme? I never really understood the rational for it. We don't look to rent our apartment every week we aren't using it, so the points we accrued each season never amounted to much. And the discount on the cost of lift passes that our renters were able to get really wasn't sufficient to influence their decision about their choice of lift pass or their choice of resort. It all seemed a bit pointless.

I've almost always had a season pass for either Les Arcs or for Paradiski, and Jane normally uses Ski a la Carte as she's not much bothered to ski if the weather is poor so a la Carte usually works out a bit cheaper for her (as well as her not feeling under pressure to ski when she doesn't want to "because she's paid for the pass").
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy