Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 2019 - 2020 (Useful links are added to the first post)

Poster: A snowHead
Didn’t seem that much snow overnight but there are blasting so who knows.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@thefatcontroller, Probably trying to trigger the wet avalanches lower down, as a result of the warm temps and the rain, that seems to be the biggest threat today
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@thefatcontroller,

Pouring with rain in Bourg overnight. What's it like up the mountain.?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Arctic Roll wrote:
@thefatcontroller,

Pouring with rain in Bourg overnight. What's it like up the mountain.?

Cloudy, looks like it didn't snow much new overnight, will give it an hour or 2 to soften before boarding.

snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Very warm when the sun was out today. Last nights promised snow didn't happen but conditions are great. By mid afternoon the snow had soften heavily but great for boarding. Only one photo today sorry. Home tomorrow to the madness that is the panic ridden UK, quote nice being up a mountain. For some reason we have lots of toilet rolls at the apartment, we are bringing them home, how forking mad has the world gone....

Safe travels out and home and see y'all next season....

At the top of Derby
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@timlongs, very pleasant little tipple you have there. Enjoyed in an extremely crowded bar this evening, good to see covid being given a proper gallic shrug.

Plagne today: huge queues for some lifts, straight on at others. But a different feel by driving to the cente rather than having to struggle out of Montchavin purely as a route march across the domain. Amazing difference in attitude. Nevertheless, Snow as predicted above very Very spring like.
So a week of different resorts ends, has been great. full report when I get back to a full sized keyboard!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Les Arcs shut with immediate effect. Safe travels back for those that went out this weekend and to those that rely on skiing for their income this will be devastating. Good luck.

https://en.lesarcs.com/news/faq-about-covid-19.html
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just for owners: did you all manage to get your apartments registered and classified for your points? I've done a quick run through of links and screen grabs for my 1950 owners, which I'd be willing to share if anyone is still wondering how to make it work.

AR
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Arctic Roll wrote:
Just for owners: did you all manage to get your apartments registered and classified for your points? I've done a quick run through of links and screen grabs for my 1950 owners, which I'd be willing to share if anyone is still wondering how to make it work.

AR
I took a look as the details emerged. Potential benefits were outweighed by the hassle of actually operating the system so I didn't bother with it. In terms of the empty beds challenge, I suppose the good news is that I'm not going to turn down bookings because of this scheme. However, it won't help me to temp skiers to come to Les Arcs rather than visit another resort, so I'm not sure what benefits the scheme will bring to Les Arcs itself.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Arctic Roll, @rob@rar, We are leaseback holders and we got registered, very painful process but but was worth it.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
thefatcontroller wrote:
@Arctic Roll, @rob@rar, We are leaseback holders and we got registered, very painful process but but was worth it.
Yes, if I was a leaseholder I would have worked my way through the registration. But as an independent owner / renter it just didn't seem worth it for me.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@thefatcontroller, @rob@rar, it was a real pain at the beginning of the season but now it feels very straightforward. They have ironed out a lot of the faffing, although it is still a 3 step process thing. I only have a two bed room place, but reckon for 10€ a year we’ll get between 3 and 4 weeks of passes, so definitely worthwhile.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Is watching snow melt on the live webcams an actual hobby?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Has anyone had a refund for unused lift pass (not season pass)? My Easter trip next weekend is obviously not happening and filled in the forms a few weeks back.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@thefatcontroller, I was meant to be going out tomorrow and looking at the livecams and all that snow just makes me cry.

@Arctic Roll, like @rob@rar, I thought it was a lot of hassle for limited rewards. I will look again for next season. "I only have a two bed room place" only!
latest report
@Arctic Roll, yes please share you instructions.

@kitenski, We applied for refunds on our season passes and haven't heard anything yet. I suspect you'll get your money back but France is in a very sever lock down at the moment. So I suspect not much is happening.
snow conditions
For anyone wanting a refund on their ski pass.

Here are the details of what to do.

SKI AREA CLOSING - COVID19 | 2020-03-15 2020-04-25

Description of the file constitution
- Repayment made after review of the file.

This refund will take place no later than three (3) months after receipt of all the documents relating to the claim for compensation.

Only complaints from customers who purchased their ski pass directly at ADS outlets, or on the online sales site www.lesarcs-peiseyvallandry.ski

If you have purchased your package from a travel operator (Tour Operator, Hotel, Real Estate Agency...) in package form, you depend on the general terms of sale of this operator and we invite you to contact this organization

To establish your please send us a copy of the following vouchers: the package and its proof (if you do not have a pass number yet assigned you can provide the corresponding field with 8 different characters), and for compensation by transfer: an RIB with IBAN and BIC

File Limit: within 2 months of the title's expiry date.

Use the link below.
https://ticketoski.fr/en/clientads/situation/778/dossier/add
ski holidays
Apartment Owners : How to apply for points
(My original has lots of screen shots, but ICBA to work out how to do it on snowheads, so... trust me!)

STEP 1 Create an account at https://en.lesarcs.com by filling out the 'subscribe' form (you may already have one - in which case go straight to step 2)

STEP 2 Login, "Access my Account” / "acceder a mon compte"

STEP 3 Apply for classification.
Select “My Classified Apartments” ( Mes appartments classees) from the menu on the LHS. If you've already done one it will show up (including the Classification validity - mine runs until 2025) , otherwise there's a big blue button to "add a new apartment"

STEP 4 Fill Out the form that appears: it is quite long...

... and press “Register me for classification” . You will be taken to a payment screen, where they will demand your €50. Payable on-line, using your CC or Paypal

The Registration process will take between a few hours and a few days.
Once you are Registered , for Leasebackers ONLY: you will see the first tranche of points appear on your points account immediately. And you can spend them.

For private rentals, you will need to complete the Classification element before you start to see points appear.

(and for youse guys, there's a whole separate process to actually get points credited to your account for each bed-night you sell - but someone else will have to run through that because I'm not party to it).

Having Registered, they will then set up a visit to your apartment, to Classify it according to the local "Cristaux" system. They might ask you when you will be around, or ideally get someone else (like a concierge or syndic) to let them into the apartment. (Note: If you are a 1950 leasebacker, they are all graded the same, and have been done en bloc, so don't worry about this step - it will happen pretty automatically)

Once you are Classified, the extra Cristaux points will be added - a fixed amount for leaseback (depending on the critera awarded), for private rentals you are able to start earning.

( Side-bar: points are awarded based on Quality of apartment X Quantity of beds X no. of sales for private renters, Quality X Quantity X a arbitrary fixed number for Leasebacks. )

BUT: where are your points?

STEP 5

Go to https://proprietaires.lesarcs-peiseyvallandry.ski/

and use the same credentials as STEP 1 to log in

This will then show you how many points you have, and the catalogue of what you can spend them on, and how.

Simples...

Is it worth doing? Well, my points - 6 beds, 4 Cristaux, leaseback - get me about 3 weeks of Paradiski passes per season. or I could cash in for a Les Arcs Season pass. So yeah, For €10 I reckon it's worth it.
snow conditions
@Arctic Roll, It was worth it for us too but being France they took a very simple system and have made it was too complicated and I think many haven't bothered signing up sadly.

Our process and we are leaseback was torture.
snow report
@thefatcontroller, indeed - the bureaucracy, lack of transparency and changes since launch in both 'how to join' and 'how to redeem' have been staggering. Haven't they seen Game of Thrones: "Winter is coming"? What? here in a ski resort? Nah, yer 'aving a laff. We've got ages to sort this out...

And why you need two seperate websites with two seperate logins for the sign up and the redemption of points is beyond my ken.
snow report
Just had a reply from ADS regarding Les Arcs lift pass refunds. They will refund me with €268 against the cost of my Paradiski season pass (which I think I paid €810 for?), credited back to my credit card within 10 days.

Have to say, very impressed. I wasn't going to bother with a claim, but ADS were very quick with setting up an online claim facility on their liftpass sales website, and emailed me direct to alert me to the facility to lodge a refund claim. I submitted a claim, which took about 3 minutes and generated an acknowledgement email for my claim, then a holding email a month ago to say they were busy, and today confirmation of the refund. Pretty good customer service!
latest report
hmm that reminds me I've not seen the refund on 2 unused passes.... cheers!
latest report
@rob@rar, Like you I received an email from ADS refunding 1/3 of my season pass. Very good service. I wasn't going to bother submitting a claim since I thought I'd had my use of the card and would actually only be losing 7 days sikking from it. The card will even be valid during the summer should the resort open. A quick calculation shows that I have spent 16 euros a day on my lift pass. Amazing value. I think I will squander the windfall in the Cairn and the Abrevoir during the summer

What I cannot quite comprehend is why they give a big discount to over 65s. I ski exactly the same pistes as my son yet he pays almost 50% more for his lift pass. My income is a lot more than his student grant.
snow report
@rob@rar, good to hear.

I must set a reminder to turn off my Ski a la carte!
snow report
Just received an email from the resort this morning anouncing that Les Arcs will be open from July 4th this year and that the funicular upto the resort will be free for pedestrians. I hope so.

We have rescheduled our Eurotunnel tickests for MidJuly so I hope we can make it.

Out of curiosity what did people make of the Folle Duce v's the Arpette this year?

We thought the Folle Duce was OK, the burger bar gave a reasnoble meal, but was more expensive than the Rocky Mountain in 1600. Coffee in the morning was pleasant. We stopped once or twice for drinks in the afternoon. They were cheapish but we had to leave early to get the last lift so missed the danicing girls and other entertainment. Would it be worth staying later and getting the bus home?

Sadly the Arpette seemed to go downhill but still appeared very popular in the early evening. We used to stop their a lot for a drink before returning to 1600 as it got dark, but in attempt to compete with the Folle Duce they started playing terrible music at painfully high volumes. We migrated to the even more expensive smoking boar for our apre ski drink. I'm not sure why we never visited the Altiport - perhaps because all our skiing was early in the season and the fun of the water splash not in use.
snow report
+1 on lift pass refunds. My bank account has just been refunded with the weeks family pass for 5 that we didn't get to use at Easter.

I have put the money to one side and will be taking the kids to the Snowcentre once this is all over. Very Happy
ski holidays
Just received an email from news-lesacrs.com informing me that work on the Vallandry telecabine has been postponed until Spring 2021.
ski holidays
Just as a note for future years I see it is snowing heavily in Arc200 at the moment - the last day of April
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
What was the official closing date this season?
ski holidays
27th April
latest report
@ringingmaster, I thought the official closing date was the Saturday, the 25.
snow report
@johnE, You are probably right - just realised I was looking at 2018/19
latest report
Snow would have been too late then.

Imagine how pee'd off we would have been Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
I just had to post this link to the webcams for today. Take a look at the snow in Les Arcs right now. After what would have been a very sunny end to the season without much snow, although we could have still been skiing! Just like the last few seasons, as soon as the lifts close we get a dump of snow at the beginning of May.

http://m.webcam-hd.com/lesarcs/arcabulle

I wonder with the lockdown rules soon changing how many people will get the skins or snowshoes out and go in the mountains for a play!!

In other news. For all those that have requested a lift pass refund, be patient as the office in Les Arcs has had many applications and is slowly working through them all. As long as you provided the correct info you will get your refund.

The unofficial, official news is that they hope to open the lifts for summer activities from the 4/5 July weekend until the 29 August, although this does depend on the local conditions regarding the Virus by that time.

I hope everyone is well and staying safe whilst reading this post. Good luck with the lockdown still continuing for a few more weeks.

https://en.lesarcs.com/livecam-1800.html
ski holidays
It is now confirmed that Les Arcs and the Paradiski area will be open for the summer season. The Funi should be open from 27 June and the main lifts will open on 4/5 July. There will be restrictions/new regulations due to Covid19, but lifts will be open and most activities will be taking place. Great news for those that can get out for the summer season. Masks will be compulsory on all forms of transport in France. This includes on all ski lifts, and shuttle buses. They will also be required in shops and any other small areas (I am not sure if this is a law or just advised) so I suggest anyone coming brings their own supply.

Update on travel news. They have confirmed in Switzerland that borders from all EU countries with Switzerland including UK flights direct to Switzerland will be open again without restrictions from 15 June. Good news. Not 14 days lock down when you arrive in Switzerland either. You can fly from UK if you want to take the risk flying and then rent a car and go anywhere in the mountains again. For those coming from UK, you could still face 14 days quarantine when you return. It is likely that masks will be compulsory on all flights, but interestingly it is only strongly advised that masks are worn in Switzerland on all transport and in shops etc although I suspect this will change based on the latest WHO advice. I suggest you have them handy for your whole journey. I myself wear a mask and washable gloves, carry disinfectant wipes and spray whenever I go anywhere. Best to be careful IMO.

In France you will no longer need to carry papers other than your normal stuff like passport and car details. It seems life is finally getting back to what people are saying will be the new normal while the Covid19 is still around. Hope to see some of you out this summer. Very Happy

I will be posting all the updates about summer work in Les Arcs and the Paradiski area on the Les Arcs Summer facebook page and also share the most important stuff here. I suggest you bookmark and like the Les Arcs Summer facebook page so that you receive the latest news as it is posted if you are interested.
https://www.facebook.com/LesArcsSummer
latest report
When you look at the live cam in 2000 they have been busy laying tarmac on the tracks out of 2000 up the valley and down to 1950. Strange...
snow report
@thefatcontroller, The boys from the blackstuff probably knocked on the door of an apartment owner saying they had a load of tramac left over from a road resurfacing job and could re lay their drive for a cut price.
ski holidays
Les Arcs is coming back to life. It all begins slowly this weekend.

The Funicular was being tested today with a planned opening this Saturday. Free of charge for everyone this summer up and down. Social distancing will be in place and you must wear a mask on all public transport and ski lifts. Allow plenty of time. The shuttle buses will be starting again shortly between the mountain resorts and around Bourg.

The Vanoise Express will not be open this summer, I am told due to staffing considerations. The Varet and Aiguille Rouge will be open most days as will all the other normal summer lifts around Les Arcs weather permitting.

If you have a Paradiski lift pass and wish to visit La Plagne side it will be valid, but you must drive.

Many bars and eating places in Bourg Saint Maurice are already open and the summer activity programmes for the youngsters will begin again soon. Up on the mountain it is a similar picture with many places opening and some activities starting during the first week of July.

The river is flowing and the activity lake is opening again. All the normal activities will be avaiable under the 'new normal' conditions.

Just be prepared for some delays and treat it as part of the holiday.

Some of the outdoor music events in the area will now take place. Sorry no details yet.

For those that like the mountains and going for hikes or mountain biking. These IMO are the best ways to keep fit and stay safe from covid-19 which is still around.

I had my first local hike and there was nobody around. Some great conditions. I even made it up onto the snow and all the way to a hidden lake high in the mountains. I hope you like the photos over on the Les Arcs Summer facebook page. I do like Marmots.

I hope to see some of you out this summer. It is going to be fun as always!

For more details of the Summer plans please visit the Official Les Arcs tourist office web page or Les Arcs Summer facebook page. I will also continue to post here when I hear anything during the summer that I think might be of interest to other snowheads.

www.lesarcs.com or https://www.facebook.com/LesArcsSummer/
ski holidays
Where's the "jealous" emoji?

If quarantine is sorted out, hoping to get over sometime in August. Just won't be for long enough!
ski holidays
Thanks for the update, we're over from the 2nd August for 3 weeks, and can't wait!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy