Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Selva or Canazei Hotels?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have been charged with planning a boys trip for eight or so 50 - 60 year olds who are all competent piste skiers, looking for a change from the 3Vs, so thinking about the Sella Ronda, probably Selva or Canazei in late January. I have never been to any of these resorts, and I am looking for a decent 3 or 4 star hotel for five nights; proximity to lifts, a hotel bar, decent evening meals and breakfast important.

I would be really interested if any Snowheads have any recommendations?

Many thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@DavidYacht, In Selva I can recommend the Hotel Armin, very good food and friendly staff.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I shall raise Alastair's 'Armin' with the Stella (food not as good, but Costabella lift is at the rear of the hotel, and you can ski back to within 100 metres of hotel..)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Flora in Selva is nice and you can ski back to within 30 metres. Our boys trip of similar gentlemen were there a couple of years ago. Alternatively Crystal have couple of Chalets in Canazei that are good value. We did that last year, rooms basic but fine, food not bad and loads of wine, access to Sella Ronda and Ciampac good. I'd say Canazei apres a bit better than Selva ie there is some. Hotels in Selva definitely better than Canazei. Overall having stayed in Selva half a dozen times and Canazei and Campitello once each, I'm going back to Canzei for family trip at NY. Partly a cost thing, partly cos I thought the choice of skiing was better.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy