Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scotland Snow Reports 2019 / 2020

Poster: A snowHead
@mountainaddict, Part of Graeme's report from today, full report on https://www.facebook.com/windy.miller.54

"As expected, the strong winds have scoured the mountain and there is very little snow that has stuck to the surface. The best area was the manmade patch on the lower car park run, this has freshened up very nicely

After a few runs then meeting Helen it was skins on and headed up the car park t-bar tow path. The path has full cover but thin. More snow needed to open this.

The snow has stuck on the North Easterly aspects such as the Fiacaill side slope and Jeans Bowl. This looked like the best bet for off piste skiing so I departed from Helen, who was heading up to the Cas, and I skinned up the bowl. Maybe not the best idea I have ever had, I sank knee deep in placed in the unconsolidated snow! I got three quarters up the Bowl and called it quits and headed back down through the deep drifts on side slope, not easy at all"
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Glencoe good news, but bad news for whitegolds doom and gloom postings

We plan to open for skiing and snowboarding this Saturday 14th Dec. We expect to have the Access Chair, Coire Pollach and the Plateau Poma open. Best of the skiing will be on Old Mugs Alley where we already have a great Snowfactory base. Lift passes will be discounted to reflect that not all uplift will be running. Ski hire and ski school will be open. Access Chairlift will be open tomorrow (Friday 13th) for sledging and those wanting to hike for some freshies.....
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?

Someone has had some fun on The Wall at Glencoe this morning.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the update re Cairngorm @larry1950.

Great re Glencoe kitenski Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
anyone know what is happening with WinterHighland site? seems strange its not back up even though snowsports are starting?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Good to see Glencoe opening, with 3 lifts.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
https://www.scotsman.com/lifestyle/outdoors/mick-tighe-man-on-a-mission-to-ski-all-282-of-scotland-s-munros-1-5048983
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Been snowing all weekend at the Coe, hopefully they can open some more terrain up early in the week, skis are at the ready!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
alasdair.graham@hotmail.c wrote:
Been snowing all weekend at the Coe, hopefully they can open some more terrain up early in the week, skis are at the ready!

Indeed, although needs a few more inches and a few more lifts open to persuade me its worthwhile.

Glenshee looks like its loading up nicely too - just need it to stay nice and cold.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@GreenDay, indeed, everything crossed!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
A few more cold days...then warming up (again) with freezing level above the tops.... rolling eyes
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Part of a report for Cairngorm on Facebook, full report and photos on https://www.facebook.com/windy.miller.54

"The Cas has been pisted now and is improving every minute as are the other mid mountain runs. Ski patrol were putting out marker poles and I don’t think it can be too far away to open if we can get the ok to use the car park tow to get us up there. We met Helen at mid station and she told us she had a great ski down the white lady yesterday but today large drifts were forming along the fence lines in the strong winds.

After skiing the Cas we headed down the zigzags. They had improved since our skin up, the large TF10 snow cannon was pumping out large quantities of base forming wet snow, though the bottom corner is still a gravel bed. This may be better now with the continuing man made and natural snow. Even in the village we have 5cm and it is still snowing.

The biggest improvement is the lower slopes. We chose to come down Burnside, this was a big surprise to us, it is nearly full width and better than many times last season when it was officially open!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Looks like Glencoe opening the cliffhanger chair tomorrow. I'm going to give it a blast. Let's hope the snow sticks around!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Still forecast to warm up - but now with heavy rain at all levels on Wed/Thurs... Sad

It's just so frustrating... rolling eyes

Let's just hope that some of the key bits - like the Cas at Cairngorm - come through the thaw... Confused
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Glencoe is now open to mid mountain (Cliffhanger chair opened mid morning today) and looks very good indeed from their social media pages!

Cairngorm also has a very limited beginner's area open. The Lecht and Nevis Range both open for the season on Thursday, then Glenshee on Saturday. Glencoe definitely pick of the bunch at the moment, though it remains to be seen what effect the milder weather on Thursday / Friday will do.

If anyone's interested, I've written online guides to all five of the main ski centres which might be useful if you haven't been before. Here's the link to the Glencoe one: https://www.sobt.co.uk/2015/01/ski-glencoe-mountain-resort.html. Some of the photos are a bit old, but they were taken on good days!
snow conditions
I made it up to Glencoe today, really great day with cliffy opening and lots of fresh untouched stuff mid mountain to go at. Didn't see anyone doing it but there were quite a few tracks down all the way to the carpark, very thin cover at the bottom!
There is a huge amount of snow on the plateau and the runs and up tracks are full width, if it warms up as forecast hopefully the snow will survive. Everything crossed.
Anyone who can make it up this week it's def worth it at the moment and it was snowing as I left at 2.30pm.
Pretty busy today for midweek!
snow report
Posted by Moffatross in another thread and worth a repost.

Glencoe summit to valley powda.

snow conditions
Glenshee is opening tomorrow as well and is looking OK. Definitely bringing my board up over Hogmanay and praying for the best Smile

https://www.facebook.com/GlensheeSkiCentre/photos/a.416866095084251/2308010572636451/?type=3&theater
ski holidays
Looks like the winterhighland website is finally back up in close to it's previous state. Smile http://www.winterhighland.info/general/
snow report
Quote:
Glenshee is opening tomorrow as well and is looking OK. Definitely bringing my board up over Hogmanay and praying for the best
Looks like it may take more than prayers
S@mm084 - the weather outlook is looking pretty poor after a decent day next Friday... Sad

It just seems like one step forward & two steps back at the moment.... rolling eyes
latest report
@S@mm084, Glenshee lost all that lovely snow but they do have the plastic slope and the dink dink open with factory snow and who knows what will happen with the weather despite all the forecasts, all the other areas lost snow as well but do have beginners areas open with factory snow, Glencoe and Nevis Range were supposed to be opening runs higher up but needs checking.
snow conditions
West is best.

Upcoming weekend looks like heavy rain at all levels.
snow conditions
@Alastair Pink, the forums are back too http://forum.winterhighland.info//list.php?2
snow conditions
Apparently the base building at Glencoe was on fire this morning - cafe destroyed but may be able to salvage hire and ticket office. Have only heard second hand so can’t confirm?
ski holidays
@orange, it is true. In the Scotsman and P and J.
ski holidays
Not good, hope the wider ski community can rally round and get them moving again as fantastic staff and when snow is in great terrain.
snow report
@orange, Oh no, thats terrible news. Really hope it's not a total write off.
snow conditions
Very odd time of day.

Insurance job?

Somebody gettin' fired?

ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You’re a grade A lady's front bottom, Fuxk off.
snow conditions
Awful news from Glencoe... Sad Let's hope they can get things back up & running before too long... Confused
latest report
Hopefully from that pic the building is able to be saved, I'm sure they'll do everything possible to keep running in the mean time.
snow report
@Whitegold, why do you think insurance job. Get a life...
ski holidays
Awful news. That building was beautiful, I loved sitting there after a days skiing an glencoe.
ski holidays
Gutted for glencoe. The lodge staff are all so nice and like others have said on here, it's a great place to get an hour or so of r&r after a day on the mountain
ski holidays
they are opening tomorrow at Glencoe.

Shame about the building but I'm sure it will be rebuilt soon. Pic of the damage here....
https://www.facebook.com/GlencoeMountain/

However, remember that the chair is working and there is a cafe up the hill. So all they need to do is work out a ticket office (perhaps use one of the hobbit huts) and ski hire.
snow report
Dreadful news from my favourite ski venue in Scotland (and further afield). Crying or Very sad Love the terrain and the backcountry, soft spot for the quirky lifts but the place is made by the super friendly staff which creates a great atmosphere on the mountain. Very Happy Very Happy They deserve all our support and I will be heading up there at the first opportunity.
One thing to note is it may be advisable to take cash - the internet connection was never too hot for card payments at the best of times and looking at the web cams they have not updated since the fire so the line may be affected.
snow report
Whitegold wrote:
Very odd time of day.
Insurance job?
Somebody gettin' fired?

Xmas must be lonely time of year for a failed troll?

Go f--k yourself
ski holidays
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
they are opening tomorrow at Glencoe.

Shame about the building but I'm sure it will be rebuilt soon. Pic of the damage here....
https://www.facebook.com/GlencoeMountain/

However, remember that the chair is working and there is a cafe up the hill. So all they need to do is work out a ticket office (perhaps use one of the hobbit huts) and ski hire.

A wee van selling square sausage roll with irn Bru and they will be back in game...

Horrible news : small tear in my eye when I heard news. No internet / phone / ticket office is going to make things tough for staff : however the mighty Coe will bounce back.
ski holidays
Really sad news.
Is there a donate page anywhere to help them get back on their feet?
snow report
cameronphillips2000 wrote:
Really sad news.
Is there a donate page anywhere to help them get back on their feet?

I suspect that fundraising will not be of primary concern as no reason to think rebuild costs will not be covered by insurance, however the main hit will be to turnover and so it is down to the skiing community to help by going to ski there whenever possible. Loss of the cafe turn over is probably going to be the main issue this season.
This weekend is looking like a wash out with FL above the tops so a lot of loss of cover and wait for next cold snap Confused
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy