Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scotland Snow Reports 2019 / 2020

Poster: A snowHead
More new snow over night. After today conditions will turn more spring like next week snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bigtipper wrote:
@Peter S, I suspect these portaloos were probably what it is like at a music festival.

Or what it's like at Silverton Mountain, Colorado wink (A fantastic mountain, by the way Very Happy )
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Silver Mountain................ Keystone is much better, even Copper
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Maersk wrote:
Silver Mountain................ Keystone is much better, even Copper

Who mentioned Silver Mountain? Puzzled

Certainly not me! wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Silverton.................. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:
Silverton....Keystone is much better, even Copper
One is an off-piste ski area with hike-to terrain that you (are recommended to) ski with a guide; the other is a normal ski area.

It's like comparing La Grave with Espace Killy - or chalk and cheese... wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:
Silverton....Keystone is much better, even Copper
One is an off-piste ski area with hike-to terrain that you (are recommended to) ski with a guide; the other is a normal ski area.

It's like comparing La Grave with Espace Killy - or chalk and cheese... wink

Maersk was (inadvertently) comparing Silver Mountain, as opposed to Silverton Mountain.... wink

And Silverton is "guided-only" skiing for the majority of the season, opening only in March for non-guided guests.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cool
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Aha....I see... wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Still full cover by the look of it. Forecast is dry after today but then possibly cooling down a little next week but the signal is not clear.
Happy webcam watching.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
^^^ Good news on the one hand Smile ...but not looking like any of us will be let loose any time soon - ie before the snow is gone... Confused

Whit Bank Holiday ski touring may be the absolute best we can dream of...rolling eyes

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Wed 8-04-20 21:13; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mountainaddict wrote:

Whit Bank Holiday ski touring may be the absolute best we can dream of... rolling eyes

Only 49 days of lockdown away... rolling eyes
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yes...49 days may be a bit of a long shot....I'm thinking (worst case scenario) that we could see Nov/Dec/Jan skiing written off, with countries refusing to allow tourists... Confused
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looks like Easter would have been rather awesome Sad

http://www.winterhighland.info/cams/glencoe/
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Peter S, it appears from the link above that Glencoe may have stockpiled snow on the plateau run. Anyone know anything about this?
snow conditions
Quote:

Glencoe may have stockpiled snow on the plateau run. Anyone know anything about this?

There has been a midsummer-day's ski event at Glencoe in previous years, so maybe they're hoping that lockdown may be relaxed in a couple of months...

If it comes off could be worth a trip in late-spring/early summer, as there could well be some great lines remaining in some of the gullies & lee-slopes
ski holidays
mountainaddict wrote:
Yes...49 days may be a bit of a long shot....I'm thinking (worst case scenario) that we could see Nov/Dec/Jan skiing written off, with countries refusing to allow tourists... Confused

I'm now resigned to the rest of this year being written off for travel anywhere abroad and will be over the moon if we can ski safely in France in January 2021, as planned. However, I'm not feeling at all positive about it.

The press badgering for answers on a timetable for lifting the lockdown just seems ridiculous at the moment. rolling eyes
snow conditions
Irresponsible is the word you are looking for.
ski holidays
Deleted

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 15-04-20 11:20; edited 1 time in total
snow report
@rambotion, I suspect he is referring to the comment above???
latest report
The foreseeable future is dry and not particularly warm so the snow cover will persist well into April.
snow report
Quote:
....the snow cover will persist well into April
I know time flies amidst the excitement of lockdown
Peter S...but we're already well into April... Laughing
latest report
The end of April I meant Laughing

What a shame. We carnt really afford to waste conditions as good as these Sad
ski holidays
^^^ Sadly, no choice.... Confused But having just watched a feature on the news about NHS workers who have died, it just puts everything into perspective Sad It's just absolutely heartbreaking.

The shocker is that this could finish any of us off.

Normality just seems so far away....
ski holidays
Absolutely agree just finished my first week volunteering with my old NHS IT department the work that is being done is incredible absolutely incredible
snow report
Looks like a week of easterly weather coming up in Scotland. Dry, sunny, coolish with low humidity. The snow will retreat only slowly.
https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/gfhd4hnq0#?date=2020-04-17
snow conditions
^^^ Absolutely everything crossed for:

- Coming through coronavirus.
- Whit weekend ski touring in Scotland.

We need some hope to cling on to... Confused
latest report
Let's just start the "hoping for really good and long-lasting UK conditions for the 20-21 season" thread, shall we rolling eyes
Assuming that we're allowed to travel and gather by then, and us vulnerable lot have found appropriate virus-proof buffs...
Still, maybe it'll encourage them to scrap the nasty T bars and use the socially-distancing pomas more Cool
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'll just leave this here....

snow conditions
HotDogger wrote:
I'll just leave this here....

hmmmm
snow conditions
I've pondering if Scotland will have a super busy season next year if international travel is limited and the Alps and off limits. Maybe the ESOB in Fort William ? Toofy Grin
snow report
Only if they get snow early enough. Despite the fabulous conditions above it probably wouldn’t have been that busy at Glencoe because so many give up at Easter, either losing interest by then or assuming there is no snow for skiing.

In the good years it is usually a lack of skiers rather than a lack of snow that triggers the end of the season.
snow conditions
@Peter S, That's a fair comment. We usually ski Glencoe at Easter and it's never been busy. If they let us out I may head up for the midsummer, ski assuming the snow lasts Smile
ski holidays
I'll deffo be up for midsummer if lockdown has been cancelled snowHead
snow report
@mark back corries just posted this on FB - what we're missing Crying or Very sad https://m.facebook.com/BackCorries/posts/pcb.3505232539496363/?photo_id=2644025525725353
snow report
I'm not on Facebook - so assuming there's still a lot of snow up there...Which is good - while there's snow there's hope! (Of getting up there to ski it....)
ski holidays
Maybe it's just as well that the link isn't working for me.
latest report
Just to put you out of your misery (or add to it...) I've grabbed the images from that posting snowHead

latest report
DOH!
snow report
I put these on the flashback thread, but worthy of reposting here so we can all dream!

Dreaming of a repeat...

Aviemore 13th May 1994

and Nevis Range the day after!

ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy