Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scotland Snow Reports 2019 / 2020

Poster: A snowHead
Yeah looks like snow down to the car park again at Glencoe. Frustrating they haven’t updated their website this morning... Glenshee say expect to open if winds drop which they appear to be doing so think I’ll be heading there unless Coe updates as opening in the next ten minutes!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@AndyB64, to give you a little more background, many feel that the current management at Cairngorm don't actually want skiiers. The funicular is currently closed due to structural issues, and the old chair up Coire na Ciste was removed, so access can be severly limited

I think the place you're thinking of in Glencoe village is the Red Squirrel bunkhouse. Also try the clachaig inn, or maybe look if ther are places in Crianlarich or Tyndrum

We're very much considering a long weekend up in Scotland, we've had a week in the alps already but the hoped-for 2nd week isn;t going to happen and we haven;t skiied Scotland in some time. In good conditions, it's ace, I've had some of my most enjoyable skiing days in Scotland
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
GEFs is indicating the next week or so remaining cool and rather unsettled and then a warm up but drier. The second half of March could be fantastic, particularly at Glencoe...if the wind ever drops.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Coe or Glenshee or Nevis for Saturday? Need to book an overnighter Fri to Sat, preferably very near, as expect it'll be busy.
What do peeps reckon?
Intending on Coe for Friday (if I can wake up early enough Laughing )
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
just booked a few days next week - stirling on wednesday night on the way up, then a few night in Fort William. Hoping for 2 days each at Glencoe and Nevis Range.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@kitenski, I see you made to Coe! Your facebook post is on the webcams page snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Grizzler, I'm also planning a day at Glencoe tomorrow. Alarm set for 5am and out the house by 5.40am.

Was at Glenshee today, plenty of snow falling but if you have the choice for the weekend, I'd stick with the West. Much more snow at Glencoe and Nevis.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@HotDogger, I was en route to Glenshee, then checked the Coe page which said likely to open, so turned around and boy am I glad I did! I love the Coe terrain and knew if they could open they wouldn’t piste much!

I got to the car park about 11am, windy, and wet sleet falling. No internet access but daughter told me they were on hold until 12. About 12 they sent lifties up, then opened up before 1pm. £22 for access and just the two plateau lifts. I was having fun though getting fresh tracks outside of where they had pisted. The vis was coming and going. I got very wet on the lift up!

I could see them working on the Wall T Bar then it started spinning, I legged it straight over and was first there, they sent a lift crew up to the top and then one skied down, declared it fine and was first up, and second tracks down.

The whole wall got tracked pretty quick, but I spotted the piste patrol heading down the Canyon so I dropped in there, was 3rd tracks into there, nobody seemed to go there so did some laps there.

Sun fully came out later on, then was in/out as snow continued to fall. I was still getting fresh tracks around the back of Etive Glades at 3:50pm

Perhaps the best afternoon I’ve had in Scotland! Was sleeting heavily as I drove out.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.

snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Someone was taking pics of me skiing down the Wall if anyone sees it on social media please let me know!! I’m in blue trousers, black jacket and would be the second track in there!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Wow! Sounds ace. I didn't get the chance to to do Canyon and Wall when I was up cos of the young-un being so small. Don't feel confident taking her that way yet. Etive glades is a great route I imagine all that fresh snow must've been fantastic. Happy days!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Glad it worked out.

Friday looks vintage for Glencoe and Nevis.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Whitegold wrote:
Winds will top 110mph on Thurs.

Funny trolling, lovely afternoon today in very light winds
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Brilliant @kitenski!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@kitenski, wow, that looks good. All being well, we shall be there tomorrow. Just wondering which skis to take (ah, decisions, decisions Laughing )

Oh, and you know all that nice available cheap accommodation, east and west..? Not so much today. Suddenly back up to standard prices and more. Are there that many people all going up???
snow conditions
Grizzler wrote:
@kitenski, wow, that looks good. All being well, we shall be there tomorrow. Just wondering which skis to take (ah, decisions, decisions Laughing )

Oh, and you know all that nice available cheap accommodation, east and west..? Not so much today. Suddenly back up to standard prices and more. Are there that many people all going up???

Exactly.

Looked at spending a week up North. Driving from Wales.

Cheaper to fly to Georgia.

(Oh dear, I'm rather losing my cool - I think I might have wee-weed myself a little bit :oops:) brainer.
snow report
@Grizzler, I think they want advance bookings rather than last minute. Even trying to reduce my pre booked rate at the travel lodge on Tuesday bumped up the one night cost!
snow report
I mean to say... Oh My God...

It would appear that west is indeed best. snowHead
snow conditions
http://www.winterhighland.info/cams/glencoe/

Lots of awesomeness at Glencoe today Cool Cool
ski holidays
Why's the Rannoch button not spinning? Not sure I fancy a T-bar ride with a stranger at the moment
snow report
Awesome indeed - until the light went utterly flat Sad Then it was hideous (at least, worrying at times, lots of folk struggling).
Were you there @Peter S?
Beautiful bluebird morning though, fantastic snow conditions (definitely wider skis time) - and every man, woman and dog possible!!! Car park chaos par excellence, parking in all the passing places, etc. Lift queues for every lift, Cliffy & Pomas included, not quite as bad as the Sella Ronda... Quite...
@DidierCouch We asked exactly the same thing. The length of the queue, they could do with running both. I hate T bars at the best of times. Sharing one with a boarder (Mr G) is not fun on the knees or arm/shoulder). Agree about strangers ATM - to be fair, heard pretty much not a single cough, sneeze or sniffle up there today.
Now where tomorrow?
ski holidays
Think it was a case of getting the T-bar open on time or delaying things several hours to shift snow moved from the t-bar further out and digging out the button track in Ski Tow Gully.
snow report
haggishunter wrote:
Think it was a case of getting the T-bar open on time or delaying things several hours to shift snow moved from the t-bar further out and digging out the button track in Ski Tow Gully.

They were up working the T bar Thurs afternoon, I reckon that would have been the time to work on the button tow line!

I was pleased with myself when I got into the car park at 8:45am this morning, got ready super quick, then spent an hour queuing for a lift ticket! Very busy as noted above, got dangerous a few times with the main basin T Q backing into the top of the wall T. Saw a few folk get hit by errant T bars that had not been passed back around.

Still found some very nice snow, I seemed to be the only one in in gullies skiers left of Rannoch Glades even one last run as the light got flat and I bolted back to Leeds, I think there were only my tracks in there! hopefully got some decent video from the GoPro Max!
snow report

http://youtube.com/v/DQi5L_K2ofs

ski holidays
A shot from an insta feed of people dropping into the back corries at Nevis range today.
I've still never been there. Hoping we get a few more weeks and I might just go check it out.

snow report
What a weird film. Hmmmm
ski holidays
Haha, Laughing Laughing
it took me while to get it....
snow report
HotDogger wrote:
A shot from an insta feed of people dropping into the back corries at Nevis range today.
I've still never been there. Hoping we get a few more weeks and I might just go check it out.

Given Scotland's brutal weather, where 2ft of snow can easily melt in a day, you should go do Nevis in the next week.

While conditions are still A+.

And before the death plague takes hold.

Weds to Fri is looking rad.

The hucks and chutes off the back of Nevis are surprisingly good.

Like a budget Jackson Hole.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
TheGeneralist wrote:
What a weird film. Hmmmm

Assuming that’s a comment on my video, what do you think made it weird? The 360 fisheye effects? I’m still experimenting with the camera at the moment !
snow report
The bit where it rolled up in a visual effect thingumyjig seemed to detract from the content in my view. I was really keen just to see some footage from the Coe.

Soz
latest report
@TheGeneralist, no need to apologise, I’m still mucking around with it so appreciate the feedback.
ski holidays
@HotDogger, accidentally skied over the edge of that, thought I'd stopped behind the leader- I hadn't. Fouud my skis (actually someone else did and stuck them up for me). Had a little sit down and a cup of tea, then went back and did it again a few times. Very luckily only tore my calf. Quite abit of pain driving back to Liverpool the next day. I was very very lucky.
latest report
Up at Glenshee to escape CV. It surely can’t survive the Scottish mountain climate! The ‘Poma tow’is the ski lift of choice for ‘self isolation’. Laughing

Weather was a bit challenging this morning heavy snow turning to rain and poor viz. No problem for the Tarantaise skiers Laughing

The snow is soft and rather sticky but takes an edge really well. Pretty much everything is open except Glas Moal and plenty of skiing with zero queues. Runs of choice today were Carn Aosda, Corrie Fionn, Tom Dearg, the home run from Caenlochan and of course the whole of the Cairnwell. Hopefully the snow will hang around for a while yet Cool
latest report
We bailed it today Sad Disappointed, forecast was initially better than it quickly turned into.
Wasn't at all clear at morning reports time that Nevis would open any more than the beginner slopes, & webcams all looked bad visibility for Nevis, Coe and the Glenshee roads. Staying near Glencoe & low cloud & rain outside and up the Pass.
Stopped into Coe car park about 9.30 and a good few folks going up, but there was no vis and it was raining hard, so didn't fancy the chair up for a start. Looking on Facebook they did have some vis later, so maybe we should have stayed Puzzled
Took a scenic drive over to Glenshee, which again was surprisingly busy but by about 1pm was nil vis at car park level and raining unpleasantly. (Peter S, you hardy soul!) Nice little gear shop there, though, and had a lovely chat with the lady in it. Even unexpectedly bought some new photochramic goggles.
Then took the scenic drive home.
Never mind, looks like we have 2 weeks off work, so hopefully will be up there several more days yet.
Peter S - which way do you go to Shee, and how long does it take you?
snow report
Must have just missed you G !

This time I went Carlisle, Moffat Peebles to drop Mrs PS off at her Sisters. More normally I would probably go on one of the various Edinburgh routes to get to the Fourth Bridge M90, Perth, Blairgowrie.

It should take about 4.5hrs without stops. Bit closer than Glencoe.

BTW. Looks like Scotland and Raise are some of the last remaining ski areas operational ?
snow conditions
Thanks Peter.
Ssshhh!!! Don't tell the Govts! (Think that SHds and others have already worked it out, tho'.)
We made GS to home (M74) in about 3 3/4 today, in extremely easy traffic (if rain and average speed cameras Evil or Very Mad ), and home to Coe on Friday morning, including Glasgow early rush hour) in 3 1/2.

Rumours yesterday that Nevis were going to limit ticket sales; don't know why or any more details.
snow conditions
Grizzler wrote:

Rumours yesterday that Nevis were going to limit ticket sales; don't know why or any more details.

Nevis put out a statement on Saturday saying that, for want of a better word, the rumour was bull5hit
ski holidays
Phew
ski holidays
@Mike Pow, PM sent
ski holidays
Another good day at Glenshee though the showers were a bit challenging. The Corrie Fionn bowl was excellent this afternoon. Should freeze up tonight.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy