Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scotland Snow Reports 2019 / 2020

Poster: A snowHead
Well of course it's all nice and open: I gave up waiting to get up there and fled the country! Laughing
Fingers crossed it's still all there (and not wind/storm/rain/warm bound again) after coming back from getting my legs back in.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Our one day off next week is tomorrow (Monday), but the forecast is a bit dodgy. Glencoe worth a punt or too wild?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@denfinella, potentially worth a punt depending how close you are?

Details here http://winterhighland.com/general/
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@kitenski, Edinburgh... yep have been reading the Winterhighland view of things.

Alternative is to wait for Saturday, with potentially better weather but, if so, queues.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@denfinella, you got skins in case of no uplift? Think I’d be up and checking whatever live wind readings I could before setting off. Could be awesome, could be a wasted trip!! Toss a coin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@kitenski, no skins. Trouble with live readings is that given the forecast (anything between calm and gales) it could've changed completely by the time we've driven there.

Think we might give it a miss as the long term forecast is promising. Which of course means it'll be amazing tomorrow Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Glenshee are quietly clocking up the days. Good reports from today. The easterly snow tomorrow may greatly help things over on Sunnyside.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mrs MA and I will be up in Scotland from next Thursday for 4 days - plan is to get some skining in as a warm up for five days' ski touring in Austria in a couple of weeks.

Got everything crossed in terms of the weather....Will go wherever looks best - though (at the moment) car park to summit at Glencoe is looking like it could be a goer, which would be rather good.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thinking of travelling up wednesday/thursday this week to Glencoe, the forecast looks better for thursday though, but would rather take Wednesday off... what do you think?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Check MWIS and take it from there. Glencoe has been pick so far but 'shee getting a drop now
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
from Glencoe social media:

Heavy snow falling all the way to the car park so visibility not the best. However we are able to offer freshies from summit to car park. Access Chair, Plateau Poma, Wall T-bar and Main basin T-bar all open.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Looks like a lot of snow coming!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:
Looks like a lot of snow coming!
Woo hoo!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Minus 3.6C on the Cairnwell with an ESE flow. Perfect for opening more runs. Sunnyside and Meall Odhar should be catching some new snow. Could be a good week and not as windy as recently

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/gfjed570x#?date=2020-02-24
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
A BIG WEEK for Scottish snowsports events...
With good snow at almost all the resorts and some stable weather patterns forecast from Wednesday onwards it seems to be all go this week with:-

1. THE SCOTTISH SCHOOLS ALPINE RACES taking place on Wednesday and Thursday with over 750 primary and secondary pupils racing at most of the resorts Glenshee Ski Centre, Glencoe Mountain Resort, Nevis Range, Cairngorm Mountain. More info here: https://www.sssa.co/

2. THE CAIRNGORM OPEN Alpine Championships taking place on the weekend at Cairngorm Mountain, with entries still open until 10am Tuesday. More info here: https://www.facebook.com/events/518176702141480/

3. THE 2020 The Scottish Freedom Series freeride championships kicking off at the Nevis Range with the CORRIE CHALLENGE in what stack up to be some epic freeride conditions. More info here: https://www.scottishfreedomseries.co.uk/
ski holidays
Good to see winter has finally arrived in Scotland.
latest report
Glenshee webcams look excellent today, they are considering opening up behind Sunnyside tomorrow, so might take a run up.
snow report
Giving some thought to going up tomorrow now! Shee or the Coe decision, same distance for us. Watching the forecast closely!
ski holidays
had to post these! looks like the day of the season so far!

ski holidays
http://m.webcam-hd.com/ski-scotland/glenshee

Glenshee looking good in the sun with the new snow Cool

Meanwhile Glencoe continues to get buried and there is more to come over the next 5 days. The fences are gradually disappearing Shocked
ski holidays
More snow cover there than in the Dollies, or so it looks. Better visibility too rolling eyes
latest report
cinglis wrote:
Giving some thought to going up tomorrow now! Shee or the Coe decision, same distance for us. Watching the forecast closely!

More snow tomorrow for Nevis and Glencoe with better overhead conditions/sunshine at Glenshee.

Was at Glenshee today, still some thin or icy areas but deep powder in others. Well tracked out now though on the Cairnwell side Toofy Grin
Looks like they're trying to get more tows open with a view to getting into Coire Fionne by later in the week.
ski holidays
Just booked a bnb this weekend up at Glencoe with one of the nippers. Been watching the weather reports and the cams for a while now and was starting to think the doom sayer- mr whitegold might actually be proved right... thankfully not!
I can't wait. It's looking pretty special now as the pics from @kitenski show and it just needs a few days of calmish consistent snowfall. They're assessing Flypaper and East ridge tomorrow too. I'm a happy chappie this evening!
Might add a day if the weather holds as we're not getting away this season so want to make the most. snowHead Very Happy snowHead
latest report
I'm finding it really frustrating that all my days off this winter seem to magically align with the worst weather days!

Glenshee and Glencoe in particular making me very jealous...

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Wed 26-02-20 11:49; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Shee lovely today, as mentioned above a little thin in places but beautiful otherwise. Very very busy, ticket queues back to the carpark when I arrived........
latest report
Doesn't look like any big lift queues though. The Tiger will be eating them all Laughing

It’s not every day that Glenshee has more lifts open than Espace Killy Shocked

Meanwhile Glencoe reporting 105cm in happy Valley and 440cm in Main Basin Cool

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Wed 26-02-20 21:36; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Flying over from Belfast for my first Scottish ski experience next weekend, staying at the Isle of Glencoe hotel, naturally the excitement is building with the recent snow accumulation.

I've a few queries, firstly is there anywhere to rent skis en-route from Glasgow airport, hoping it might save some time on Saturday morning? And secondly how busy does it tend to get at Glencoe on weekends when conditions are as promising as they currently are forecast?

Any tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated Very Happy
latest report
DonardFlump wrote:
Flying over from Belfast for my first Scottish ski experience next weekend, staying at the Isle of Glencoe hotel, naturally the excitement is building with the recent snow accumulation.

I've a few queries, firstly is there anywhere to rent skis en-route from Glasgow airport, hoping it might save some time on Saturday morning? And secondly how busy does it tend to get at Glencoe on weekends when conditions are as promising as they currently are forecast?

Any tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated Very Happy

Ski hire is quite restricted at Glencoe, I believe, since the fire at Christmas and there is always a huge queue at weekends. If you are coming up on Friday and get to Glencoe before closing try getting your hire sorted then, otherwise phone them and ask what they recommend. I take my own skis so don't know about other hire spots.
Depending on the wind speeds at weekend it may be extremely busy as snow is so good - aim to get to the carpark about 0830. Also it may or may not help to take cash.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I dropped by Glenshee on Tuesday.

Lovely bright, crisp weather - mostly sunny, minus 3 or 4 all day, light winds. 11 of the 22 lifts open (and another opened later that day). Wasn't busy when I arrived (at about 10.00) - only a fifth of the car park full - although some coaches turned up before I left.

The red "Slalom" run, in particular, was v good, with full width snow and wonderful views. Some other runs a bit patchy. Saw tracks down the Tiger run - but that's not my kind of thing.

Hopefully, they'll get the best runs, in the second glen on the other side (ie from Glas Maol and Fionn lifts) open in due course, if there is more snow (as forecast for next weekend).
snow report
Peter S wrote:
Doesn't look like any big lift queues though.

It was fine in the morning, but as there was nothing much open behind Sunnyside (basically due to snow not filling in the gully down to Tom Deaerg lift and nothing much at the bottom of the Home Run - hence knackering the return) the queues built up in the afternoon - have to say, its the busiest I have seen Glenshee in years.

Talking of the Home Run, there were a few ski tourers skinning up the closed areas, saw one guy ski nicely down the Home Run.....until he hit a rock at the bottom and did a fantastic somersault much to the amusement of the Tom Dearg lift queue Very Happy Very Happy

Beautiful day and great snow tho..........

latest report
@DonardFlump,

See the below from WinterHighland. If you're flying to Glasgow and hiring a car, suggest you do what they say and hire at Ardlui - if they're open. Take ID.

https://skinboardroom.co.uk/

"The Glencoe base building has been demolished following the major fire on Christmas Day. Presently there is limited toilet facilities in the shower block at the foot of the carpark, ski hire is open but reduced stock. At weekends Ski n Boardoom are hiring skis from Ardlui on the A82 at Loch Lomond."
snow report
The Lecht, today.

latest report

Nevis advertising the world’s biggest vertical. I’m not sure what number they wanted to put there Shocked
snow conditions
From what I have read Ski 'n Boardroom are only at Ardlui at the weekend. Their main place is in Partick, so only 10-15mins drive from the airport. We have hired from them on the Friday afternoon for the Sat and returned stuff on the Sun, and only got charged for 1 day. Website says they are open til 6pm on Fri. They may take your returns at Ardlui on the Sun if you are heading back straight after.

Weather is looking like a total lottery for the weekend, but if it's a goer we'll be there too.
ski holidays
@what...snow,
Never mind these piddling little places in the alps, Scotland is where the hard core is at Very Happy I wonder if you need to take oxygen to the top.
ski holidays
Have a look here.

Note: the powder vid of Keren was on he way down to the car park. Not on the actual hill. There is tons of snow in Glencoe. I'm heading up to Moray on friday so may go skiing on Sat somewhere.
snow conditions
I made it to glencoe yesterday, and was rewarded with plenty of snow. The weather was blowy with snow showers and fog, but it would pass and inbetween flurries, it was beautiful.

Loads of fresh snow, the best off-piste was to the right of the access chair (looking up from the bottom) - where the video of Keren was taken - I skiiied that run half a dozen times!

All in all, fantastic day out Smile
snow report
Just back from our 4 day ski touring in Scotland trip - 2 days at Glenshee and 2 at Cairngorm.

Snow conditions were generally excellent, with very extensive cover on the runs at Cairngorm top to bottom. At Glenshee we stuck with the Cairnwell side, which has very good cover. We didn't go up Sunnyside as there wasn't much open on that side of the road. A lot of off piste and the bits in between runs are wind-blown/scoured/rocky at both areas.

Snow today at Cairngorm was perfect - lovely, fresh, packed powder - as was the case last Thurs at Glenshee. Worst snow was Cairngorm yesterday - refrozen lower down after rain, though then topped up with fresh snow overnight.

We even managed some fresh tracks by skinning to runs that weren't accessible by lift - eg to the side of the perfectly pisted White Lady today at Cairngorm (the M1 tow was off due to the wind); and ditto on Carn Aosda at Glenshee.

Despite some sun on 3 of the 4 days, the wind was absolutely gale force at altitude all day and every day. Absolutely relentless and a bit alarming in parts (especially in white out conditions). The removal of skins from skis was a bit of a challenge.

A few photos to follow once sorted...
latest report
Hows the coire fionn and glas maol side looking at glenshee? How does Glencoe compare with glenshee as well, not been up yet, been to glenshee only.
snow conditions
Its being snowing pretty much continually at Glencoe for more than2 weeks and continues to snow Shocked

http://www.winterhighland.info/cams/glencoe/
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy