Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier Trip Report

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My family just for back from our week long trip to Verbier, and our first trip to Europe for skiing. I got a lot of good advice from the people on this site and thought I would post some thoughts.

Overall, it was a fantastic trip! We got very lucky with big dumps of snow followed by sunny, warm days. The conditions were excellent on piste and off piste.

We hired a guide for 3 out of our 5 days there and covered a lot of the mountain. We skiied in Bruson (amazing on a snowy day with awesome powder everywhere) and most of the terrain between Verbier and Nendaz. Really great, open, piste and accessible off piste powder around the Lac de Veaux and Savoleyres lifts. We covered 4 of the "Big 5" itineraries, and the runs down Mt Forte and Mt Geli were fantastic. On Geli, our guide took us down a less popular route and we had the whole, powdery, wide open expanse to ourselves. Definitely one of our top ski experiences ever.

Crowds were not that bad the week we were there, although our last day (Saturday heading into New Years week) it was clearly starting to get a lot more crowded. It felt like once you learn the mountain you can figure out places to go to avoid the worst of the crowds, but things did get skiied off a lot more quickly, especially on the pistes.

The town is very nice and we were able to find reasonable lodging (~$750/night for a family of 5) in a condo less than 10 minutes walk from Medran. I think the restaurant scene is pretty mediocre - most of the restaurants are pretty similar and I personally am not a big fan of Swiss cuisine. But still we had a nice night out each evening for a week so it worked out. We didnt go out much at night after dinner, but the town was definitely jumping!

We had a great time, and also really appreciated how relatively easy it is to get to Verbier (<2 hours from Geneva by car).
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Did you use any of the ski/board schools?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No we didnt - we hired a guide through a recommendation.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@lirong, glad you enjoyed it. With pedant hat on it’s Mont Fort and Mont Gelé.

Surprised you didn’t like the restaurants? Vie Montagne, Ecurie, La Grange, la Channe all popular with my foodie mates. And Aiseki, Silk, Shed good casual options.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Verbier, 750/night, guide, dining out every evening, wowsers $$$$$ Shocked
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@hd,

Indeed. We clearly lack commitment Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy