Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dream chalet purchase

Poster: A snowHead
Tonight's £114m Euromillions jackpot has got me thinking. If you came in to that sort of money, where would you buy your chalet?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Right here in Ski Amadé given that I have already made my home here. But I wouldn't buy a chalet, just a nice penthouse apartment for one. Not that I have ever bought a lottery ticket.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@queenie pretty please, and you can't because you have got to be in the UK to buy one
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I wouldn't buy I'd rent/lease for a season at a time in different resorts.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@holidayloverxx, I have never bought an Austrian one either!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@queenie pretty please, lol...I just bought one for tonight
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@holidayloverxx, "EuroMillions is a lottery played across nine European countries - the UK, Ireland, Spain, France, Austria, Belgium, Luxembourg, Portugal and Switzerland."

The clue is in the name wink

@queenie pretty please, got to be in it to win it...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not a chalet. A Secret Lair like this one in the mountains above Verbier that I found last week (see the small square window in the top of the faux boulder?). Although probably a bit larger, as this one only accomodates one person, two at a stretch, albeit equiped with a log burner and seat/bed all fully insulated. Apparently, you can stay there if you can find it ...

ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DB wrote:

Buy one in a few resorts Smile

I've a friend with a chalet in St Foy. He doesn't rent it out so keeps all his stuff there. He usually drives but if he does fly needs no luggage. He also spends time in the summer there - as he said to me recently 'it's not a holiday home, it's a second home', which I think is the big difference.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Chalet(s). Though to be honest I'd probably do a do a deal with a few hotels to leave gear there and be able to get a room at short notice then storm chase. You wouldn't want too many big properties I think - too much hassle with hiring and managing staff to keep them functional - unless you did a nixmap and got them to work fo nowt.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
DB wrote:

That was something else i'd thought of. Along with just chasing the storms.

I guess if I were to buy somewhere, then a long season would probably be important. So maybe Val D/Tignes if it were France.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We are Stammgäste in a Lech-ski in/out.
Same room every holiday, gear stays in the basement in summer.
Kisses and a hot cappuccino upon arrival. Breakfast buffet to dream of, eggs served with a smile.
No hassle & all the fun in one of the world’s top destinations, at a fraction of the cost of owning something in the outskirts of St.Foy, Amade or other less desirable places...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@ousekjarr, Oh yes Embarassed
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
£114m still doesn't buy you a visa to stay longer than 90 days in 180 ...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
holidayloverxx wrote:

I suspect it might Laughing
latest report
@LaForet, Do you think that fake boulder could be made to roll downhill with sufficient push? Toofy Grin
snow report
Wouldn't buy either a dream chalet or a dream yacht. Rent/charter as the whim took me!!
snow report
But as I never buy a ticket, not that likely!
latest report
If it flies, floats or fcuks, cheaper to rent.
snow report
holidayloverxx wrote:

Maybe not but you could buy a big rock like the one above to hide in.

When I see really rich people with many homes / cars I see it as a waste as someone else could be enjoying them. Of course I have a totally different opinion when it comes to skis. wink
snow conditions
Mr.Egg wrote:

And you have a partner? How much does that cost you?
latest report
@LaForet, Not sure where you saw the info but I got interested rolling eyes and this gives a bit of backgound and some more pictures https://gizmodo.com/this-fake-boulder-in-the-alps-is-actually-a-tiny-perfe-1672716418
snow conditions
ousekjarr wrote:
Mr.Egg wrote:

And you have a partner? How much does that cost you?

my insanity snowHead
ski holidays
@LaForet, I cycled past that last week and wondered WTF it was about. I thought it might be some kind of bird watching hide
snow report
@holidayloverxx, surely you can buy a citizenship of a Caribbean tax-haven that already has better agreements in place with Europe?
ski holidays
skitow wrote:
@LaForet, Not sure where you saw the info but I got interested rolling eyes and this gives a bit of backgound and some more pictures https://gizmodo.com/this-fake-boulder-in-the-alps-is-actually-a-tiny-perfe-1672716418

Think it appeared in one of the George Clarke Amazing Spaces TV programes.
ski holidays
leggyblonde wrote:
@holidayloverxx, surely you can buy a citizenship of a Caribbean tax-haven that already has better agreements in place with Europe?

Yeah, I'll do that later in the week Laughing
snow report
@holidayloverxx, Laughing time management would be hectic at first!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
adithorp wrote:
skitow wrote:

Think it appeared in one of the George Clarke Amazing Spaces TV programes.

It did indeed

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/george-clarkes-amazing-spaces/episode-guide/series-8
snow report
as the advert says "nice problems to have"!!!

personally, I would buy a nice apartment as a base in the 3valleys, probably Meribel, then chase the snow around the globe as and when it falls, alternating between mountains/beach/golf course.

happy days!!!!!!
snow conditions
holidayloverxx wrote:

But it will give you enough to "invest" in Malta to qualify for one of their passports.
snow conditions
@DaddyLouLou, I'll do that then
snow conditions
Who I ski with is probably more important than anything else, maybe a not for profit Snowheads clubhouse?
ski holidays
tangowaggon wrote:
Who I ski with is probably more important than anything else, maybe a not for profit Snowheads clubhouse?

Well played
ski holidays
Follow the snow and sun.

Dec = Val d'Isere
Jan = St Moritz
Feb = Hakuba Cortina
Mar = Aspen
Apr = Verbier
May = Zermatt
June = Ibiza
July = Coronet Peak
August = Catedral Patagonia
Sep = Valle Nevado
Oct = Las Vegas
Nov = Monaco
snow report
skitow wrote:
holidayloverxx wrote:

I suspect it might Laughing

No "suspect" about it Wink , just apply to Malta for Maltese citizenship (along with the requisite €650,000 financial contribution, plus €150,000 in government approved bonds and either leasing a property for five years or more with a minimum annual rent of €16,000 or purchasing a property in Malta for at least €350,000 and maintaining ownership for 5+ years) and you get EU citizenship. So for a total outlay of less than €900,000 if you rent a property or €1,150,000 if you buy then EU citizenship along with free movement is yours. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
I'd definitely buy a mountain home, somewhere in Switzerland I imagine. I'd start with renting for a year in Zermatt and see where that took me.

As someone said, it's a second home,one that may well become the first home!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy