Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Organising ski trip in Feb/March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

I discovered this forum last year, and thought I'd see if you can help me at least narrow down the options.

I run a large choir in London (London City Voices), and we run holidays as part of our offering. Last year we ran a ski-trip to Borovets, and went back there this year. Fun though it was, it's time to move on - the skiing is quite limited there, particularly for experienced skiers.

Along with my business partner, we're looking for a resort which meets the following criteria.

Good mix of slopes
We do get a real mix of ability. This year we had a drop in numbers because some of the more experienced skiers didn't want to go back to Borovets, as they'd done all the decent slopes in about three days the previous year. Somewhere where we could probably go at least a couple of years running would be good.

Not too expensive
This holiday is popular with beginner skiers who won't necessarily want to spend lots on a sport that they don't know whether they like or not. My wife and I had our first skiing experience in Borovets, and we're hooked - we now spend quite a lot on ski holidays ourselves, but we have to keep the costs down. We're not expecting luxury - however we would like somewhere slightly more upmarket than Borovets or Bansko. Probably looking at a 3* or 4* (bearing in mind that Borovets 4* is about England 3*)

Good ski school
We were really impressed with the Yanakiev ski school in Borovets - really excellent instructors and equipment. Need patient instructors so new people have a good experience.

Not far from the slopes
Ideally ski-in/ski-out, or nearly.

Wondering whether a massive apartment or two would work, but haven't done it before, so would welcome your thoughts. I reckon we'll get between 20-30 people wanting to go.

To put the pricing into context, we were offering 7 nights sharing a room, half-board, for £390 plus our mark-up in mid-March, obviously not including flights. The snow wasn't quite as good at that time this year, so we're thinking we'd go the week after half-term or the week after that.

We were thinking of Val Cenis, or maybe Andorra. Thoughts on those or other suggestions welcome. Thinking that my wife and I might go for Christmas to test out the resort - at least some of that would be legitimate business expense...

Thanks in advance.

Richard
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@swannieboy, somewhere around £800 per double room for a week of half board in a 3* hotel is going to be a challenge in most places, never mind during February. Half term is expensive for UK travellers on packages, or for anyone flying, but for the resorts the whole of February is peak time for someone, and the prices will be higher. Also, if you are looking for space for 20-30 people in February 2020, you've probably left it a year too late.

You may have more luck looking for somewhere outside a ski resort where you need to get a bus or taxi in to the lifts, as the prices will be lower and they may also have some space. Somewhere like https://www.clcalpinecentre.at/en/ is worth considering, but even then your negotiating skills would have to be good to get the price below €150 per room per night, and that's without meals.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would look at sunweb and for large pension hotels in austria. Maybe around zillertal if flying to innsbruck. Prices usually inc. ski pass. Only snag is it wont be ski in/out but better skiers will have a huge area to explore by a ski bus that is quick and punctual.
You may not have any communal space unless you can negotiate use of the breakfast room, as chalet hotels dont always have a lobby area. Cheap transfers via public transport as well. I guess transfers for france will be costly.
You could look at italy. Many resorts offer discounted transfers from major airports.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
you could try Santa caterina in Italy... bit for everybody there
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Essential to avoid the four weeks of French winter holidays which end on8 March. Accommodation costs will drop a lot after that though given your budget self catering makes sense.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
One specific suggestion - a building very near the piste, with a variety of different size apartments. You would need cars.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
https://www.chalet-bisanne.com/
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I organized a group which rented the whole of that building a few years ago.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Maybe try this:

https://www.chaletsdirect.com/forum/solutionsroominfo.htm
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy