Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Canada late April/early May

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
going on honeymoon to Canada at the end of April into early May next year and travelling across the Rockies so i will be in Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper, Sun Peaks and Whistler. It wasn't booked with skiing specifically in mind but what are the chances of getting a few days in here and there? i wouldn't be expecting crazy good conditions but what will the snow be like and which area would be the mostly likely to get a ski in?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Banff (Sunshine) and Whistler will be open. Don't know about the rest.

Have been to both, but only once at each. So can't say much about "typical" condition. It'll likely be "spring" like condition.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
First issue isn't the snow conditions, it's whether the resorts are open. Only the biggies will run through to May and condition will be pot luck. I passed through over Easter this year, Whistler was a miserable rainfest while the Banff resorts were quite good. You may find they're the only open hills.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was at Sunshine last year early April when apparently they had the coldest conditions thus the best snow for years and I think they were trying to negotiate extension until near end of April; consider the seasonal workers needed to keep one resort open. They have some grand closing festival but it looked like a slush fest. Based on that I’d assume to get nothing there by May.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've scored great pow at LL at the beginning of May. High is your friend. Whistler usually pretty soggy by then.

Wouldn't ski Scumshine cos of the Scurfield assholes.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Copied from my 2018 TR - "One of the staff mentioned she’d heard rumours about opening for a few weekends after the official closing date as it is still cold and there is a lot of snow around. Sunshine are advertising their annual “slush run” for 21 May this year. "

Here it is on their site. I guess other resorts do similar.
https://www.skibanff.com/explore/news-blog/2019/slush-cup-highlights
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Orange200 wrote:
I was at Sunshine last year early April when apparently they had the coldest conditions thus the best snow for years and I think they were trying to negotiate extension until near end of April; consider the seasonal workers needed to keep one resort open. They have some grand closing festival but it looked like a slush fest. Based on that I’d assume to get nothing there by May.

Are you sure?

Sunshine often open till Mother's Day.

I was there one year in May, Mother's Day. There's still plenty of snow up high. But it does get slushy very fast during the day (refreeze overnight). The locals typically ski from opening till noon and then go to work.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We were in Jasper (Marmot Basin is the ski hill) 8-20 April this year and got some really good conditions. I don't know if the cold snowy weather we got was typical but Marmot Basin stays open until early May. I'd thoroughly recommend it; definitely worth a visit if you're in Jasper.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Whistler.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
LL and Sunshine should be open. LL typical spring conditions, sunshine could be decent
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My son was still training at sunshine mid may last season and he said conditions were pretty good.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
In to May only one of the mountains will be open at whistler. Tricky to guess which because this year they switched it up and had Whistler open and shut Blackcomb for biking.
It will be limited to up high but something will be open.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
nickle, my vote would be Marmot too ......

One of the most northern most, well inland and base/peak relatively high for a Canadian area.

Bit of a trek to get to, but the Icefields Parkway should be nice that time of year.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Or drive a couple of hours down to Blue River and take a day or two at Wiegele's.

You could probably do it on stand by rates. Guaranteed corn, and a bit more special than the local hills.
Unlike Scurfield, don't forget to obey the guide's instructions wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy