Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Harry Egger - Fastest man on Skis?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Harry Egger
Austrian Harry Egger, is hoping to become the world's fastest man on skis with the help of a space age shell for his upper body.
Egger, who has held the world record for speed skiing in the past, hopes to reach speeds in excess of 250 kph to regain his title from Philippe Goitschel...

The high-tech Kevlar/carbon fibre shell cost a massive £42,000 - so you can add that to your list of expensive ski jackets for next season. It was developed using computer technology and a wind tunnel used in the Formula One lab by former NASA rocket scientist and current Formula One engineer Charles Bienz.

Egger is currently in Vars, France and will make his attempt before April 8.

Philippe Goitschel’s current world record, set in 2002, is 250.79 kph.

http://www.redbull.com/harryegger

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 6-04-06 12:37; edited 4 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Shocked Shocked Scary!!!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil FUN!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
so thats 155 mph on 2 planks of wood. Most speedy
Skullie
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nick_C, Just one mph faster, and he would beat speed cameras...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I just looked at his web site, it's even got a parachute for slowing down Shocked

slightly off topic but is RED BULL sponsoring every snow event in europe Razz
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bit dear for a shell suit though...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have the utmost respect for these blokes and women who attempt this. In Les Arcs last year I sat on a rock with snowbird and elhen and watched as they flew by making a noise like an aircraft.

PG I think said a blind bloke was going to attempt the flying K this year. Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I was hoping something was going on at the flying k when I was there but it was closed the only thing I saw going down that slope was an unmanned snowmobile. Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1782934.html?menu=
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
DB, is that a spoiler on the bucket attached to his bum?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
admin wrote:
Austrian Harry Egger, is hoping to become the world's fastest man on skis with the help of a space age shell for his upper body.

Egger, who has held the world record for speed skiing in the past, hopes to reach speeds in excess of 250 kph to regain his title from Philippe Goitschel...
If he manages it, I imagine it would be an unofficial world record only - there are rules and regs with very precise measurements governing equipment, from boots, to helmet, to skis, to suit and back protection.

The thickness of the back protector cannot exceed 45mm, and has to consist of a soft material (foam, flexible plastic or leather)! The upper edge of the back protector must not go beyond the 7th cervical vertebra (C7).

Etc Etc.

Somehow I don't think he'll be wearing it for an attempt on the official record!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy