Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2019/2020

Poster: A snowHead
The 'Dou Du Praz' piste, round the back of Soleil is shown on the updated map. That's good news. I was concerned that all the building work might lead to that run being closed this season
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What's the "Equalizer" logo above the exit from 'The Tunnel' about ?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ukredsox, it's just a fancy name for the sound and light effects in the tunnel.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ukredsox wrote:
The 'Dou Du Praz' piste, round the back of Soleil is shown on the updated map. That's good news. I was concerned that all the building work might lead to that run being closed this season

Lets hope its open, at least its on the map....
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Several years, might be a decade, the official LP website used to have a big overhead photo of the ski area that could be navigated around and the viewing angle changed.

Does this still exist anywhere ?

Apologies that I probably haven't described it very well
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@ukredsox, do you mean this ?
https://virtualvisit360.com/plagne_v3/virtualtour.html

In Montalbert at the moment and it was +25c on the balcony today!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We are heading to La Plagne Centre as family group over Christmas. Does anyone know how much it costs to upgrade the lift pass for the day for Les Arcs? The website says it is a small extra payment and, as a mixed group, we are not all going to travel as far as Les Arcs anyway. I doubt we would need to visit more than once or twice anyway?? Thanks for any help. Excited for the snow!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lorenzo
https://www.skipass-laplagne.com/en/tarifs

€20 per adult €16 per child
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Fantastic, thank you!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Lorenzo, IF some of your group aren't skiing everyday check out www.skialacarte.fr it MAY workout cheaper. Before 1st December code WELCOME reduces the subscription fee to €15
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boredsurfin wrote:
@ukredsox, do you mean this ?
https://virtualvisit360.com/plagne_v3/virtualtour.html

That's the one. I couldn't get it to work on Chrome but it does still work on an outdated version of IE

Thanks
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hello all,
Can anyone tell me what time the lifts shut in the evening over Christmas and the New Year?
Laplagnet says “around 5” but I seem to remember earlier, perhaps 4.30?
Peter
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@peter markham, Lift closure time last season 22/12 until 27/01 was 16:20 to 16.35
Altitude Major lifts such as Inversens 15:55 Bellecote (Glacier)15:05 Roche de Mio 15:45 closed earlier.
Pedestrian lifts and ski busses connecting altitude villages all run much later into the evening.

This season will be similar I expect.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looks like the first significant snow is about to arrive Cool

https://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/La-Plagne/6day/mid
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@ukredsox, Maybe, but it won't stay, the ground is still very warm, it was 22c in Montalbert earlier in the week!
Rain forecast as well ):
http://www.meteofrance.com/previsions-meteo-montagne/la-plagne/73210
snow report
And of course, the first "significant" snow actually arrrived early October, and melted away again soon after.
How will this lot go? Boredsurfin could well be right (he usually is)
But you never know . . .
I mean, the Daily Express is predicting a "Day after Tomorrow" scenario with mammoths wandering the South Downs
latest report
I think that I'd have to seek a secondary source before even believing the date on the Daily Express Very Happy
snow report
I thought that the 'Perso' website was dead but it looks like some more historical pics have been added recently

There's also videos on the Perso Vimeo account dated last month

La Plagne Hiver 1963-1964 from www.PERSo-LAPLAGNE.fr
https://vimeo.com/362971641
snow conditions
Thanks boredsurfin just what I wanted.
ski holidays
For webcam watchers: just a dusting of icing sugar at Roche de Mio, but some real snow up at Glacier level snowHead
ski holidays
Probably a novice question but here goes: does the glacier mean that LP would be a safe bet for some New Years' skiing? Always wanted to go but have been scaremongered over snow conditions...
snow report
@hardguy69, Yep BUT if there is too much snow they may not be able to open the Glacier! I have skied in LP for the last 18 New Years eves. and there has always been snow - even in the lower resorts due to snowmaking.
ski holidays
hardguy69, I've always been sceptical of this "if there's a glacier then you'll be fine" idea.
Glacier slopes are small and unexciting. If all the other slopes are rubbish and everyone heads for the glacier, the skiing will not be fun at all: crowds, queues and bad temper.
The other scenario is as mentioned by boredsurfin: the glacier is closed. Quite common at La Plagne.
So, forget the glacier. New Year will be fine without it .
latest report
Snow down to Plagne Centre today snowHead
ski holidays
Jonpim wrote:
Glacier slopes are small and unexciting. If all the other slopes are rubbish and everyone heads for the glacier, the skiing will not be fun at all: crowds, queues and bad temper.
Agreed. And they can be quite tricky. Frozen moguls anyone?

Jonpim wrote:
I've always been sceptical of this "if there's a glacier then you'll be fine" idea.
But if you think of it as: glacier => at least some high altitude slopes => better chance of some early/late season snow, then it has some logic to it.
latest report
ecureuil, you have a point, but still don't think it justifies all the hype.

Meantime La Plagne has a new website, and a lot of new snow snowHead
Take a look: https://www.la-plagne.com/decouvrir-la-plagne/domaine-skiable/webcams
snow conditions
@Jonpim, Looked at the Bergerie webcam earlier and assumed it was a picture from last season!!
snow report
Snowing in Montalbert this morning, this from Ice and Fire via Facebook. Filmed from down in Longefoy by the looks of it...

https://www.facebook.com/iceandfire.ski/videos/2529656397122602
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I know this is not the Les Arcs section, but take a read of this post that I am sharing. Does the Paradiski area really need yet another tourist village, and in an area that was originally protected. I hope some of you from over the La Plagne side think this is worth objecting too, the more support the better.

Auriel's post:

Dear everyone
There is another big proposed development between Vallandry and 1800.

This may look like it doesn’t impact you, but it will, as the whole zone is up for “urbanisation”. The current plan is for a 200 bed hotel plus staff accommodation etc but that will expand and in a few years the entire area between 1800 and Vallandry will be lost to chalets, apartments etc. I personally feel there is enough development and an over supply of beds, and too many people on the pistes, and more accidents as a result. Nor are there many more places they can create new pistes unless we lose the off piste that draws many skiers in the first place. This is my personal view but I suspect and hope you share it as fellow owners and skiers.

The mayor of Landry of course wants this and rather stealthily (or am I being cynical) organised a short public enquiry for October/November i.e. when none of us are around. I heard of this and went with a friend, to see the “independent” assessor and the proposals on Tuesday. It has been defeated before and we can defeat again but we need everyone to write and express their disapproval. Everyone’s views count, and we need a holistic approach on this hence the three emails

The deadline for comments is 18th Nov 2019, 5pm.
Please write in French (google translate is great!) to the following three email addresses
plu-landry@mail.registre-numerique.fr )Independent assessor)
mairie@ville-landry.com (Landry Mairie)
mairie@bourgsaintmaurice.fr (BSM Mairie)

We need objections along the lines of disturbing the environment, losing peace and tranquility, accidents on crowded pistes. I suspect arguments re losing rental income due to over supply are not a good idea,.

The website https://www.trois-a.org/…/participez-a-lenquete-publique-s…/ gives pictures, plans, info and responses to the planned development.

You can also see some of the objections here https://www.registre-numerique.fr/plu-landry/voir-les-avisin French but please use google translate and copy the concepts on your own emails

Please share!
Thanks
Auriel
latest report
I am rather confused by the geography.
Between 1800 and Vallandry?
Shorely shum mishtake . . .
snow report
Jonpim wrote:
I am rather confused by the geography.
Between 1800 and Vallandry?
Shorely shum mishtake . . .

Arc 1800 and 'Peisey' Vallandry...
snow conditions
Ah! Of course. Silly me.
Thank you thefatcontroller.
(Too Plagnocentric to think of that rolling eyes )
snow report
Hi, with the bubble running between Bellecote and Belle Plagne at night, is is possible / any good to sledge between the two after skiing has finished. I cannot see anything about it on snowheads. Thanks
ski holidays
@John617, not sure about sledging quality but the bubble is open till past 11pm so I don't see why not snowHead
ski holidays
John617 and Handy Turnip, you are not allowed to take sledges on the gondola up to Belle Plagne.
You can try and sneak it on if you want.
There have been a number of serious accidents from people sledging down the slope outside Les Balcons and ending up on the road.
snow report
Jonpim wrote:
John617 and Handy Turnip, you are not allowed to take sledges on the gondola up to Belle Plagne.
You can try and sneak it on if you want.
There have been a number of serious accidents from people sledging down the slope outside Les Balcons and ending up on the road.

Maybe a decent thick piece of plastic sheet hidden in your jacket whilst on the bubble would do the trick Wink

Meanwhile, if these people walked all the way up this morning...wow

snow report
Jonpim wrote:
Ah! Of course. Silly me.
Thank you thefatcontroller.
(Too Plagnocentric to think of that rolling eyes )

'Jonpim and the Plagnocentrics' sounds like a great apres-ski band Very Happy
snow conditions
Jonpim wrote:
.... you are not allowed to take sledges on the gondola up to Belle Plagne. You can try and sneak it on if you want. ...
What about people staying in Belle Plagne who decide to sledge down to Bellecote. (Perhaps safely from the centre, rather than the steeper slope by Les Balcons). How do they get back Puzzled
ski holidays
Sledging on any piste (accept designated areas) after the piste is closed is illegal and is enforced by the Piste patrollers and the Municipal Police. Mainly because of the reason Jonpim gives above AND accidents in other resorts - a person on a sledge and a fast moving Pisten Bully aren't a good mix!
There are two long sledge runs apre ski in LP one in Plagne Centre and one above Bellecote
snow report
Jonpim thanks for the bad news on sledging. Note to self, check before buying two toboggans on e-bay in future. I think the cost of a large coat to hide them in would compound the spend error. Thinking about it I could put runners on a coat.

Boredsurfin I cannot see where a sledge run is above Bellecote, can you give me a tip on where it is. Thanks
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy