Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2019/2020

Poster: A snowHead
boredsurfin wrote:
Started throwing it down with snow looks like down into the valley as well, lovely fluffy stuff snowHead

Nice...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
And snowed more in the night.
Meteofrance has snow today, snow tomorrow, snow Christmas eve, and then the sun comes out Christmas Day.
Perfick snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
boredsurfin wrote:
Turned out nice

One of our regular morning coffee stops just out of picture on the left.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ukredsox, Yep good skiers food as well!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
managed 1 run today before calling it a day, decided conditions and queues not worth it.

plenty of snow around though and it's still falling.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Little Martin, Toofy Grin Dont blame you, looking out the window was enough for us
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kids and I Skied until about 15.30. Based in Belle Plagne and lifts were limited but the powder on the side piste was amazing. Some great runs totally untracked and through the trees was epic.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi boredsurfin, how's it looking in la plagne? Many pistes looking like they'll be open next week? I'm coming to Montalbert on Saturday
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Neil.Busby, Superb conditions from Christmas Day after the 3 days of snow we have had. Keep your eye on the weather here:
http://www.meteofrance.com/previsions-meteo-montagne/la-plagne/73210
and pistes / lifts open here
http://www.skiplan.com/bulletin/bulletin.php?station=la-plagne&region=alpes&pays=france&lang=en
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
boredsurfin wrote:
@Neil.Busby, Superb conditions from Christmas Day after the 3 days of snow we have had. Keep your eye on the weather here:
http://www.meteofrance.com/previsions-meteo-montagne/la-plagne/73210
and pistes / lifts open here
http://www.skiplan.com/bulletin/bulletin.php?station=la-plagne&region=alpes&pays=france&lang=en

Great, thanks for the info
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Neil.Busby, Heavy snow again this morning, hopefully the forecast of sunshine for next 6 days is right!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
was damp snow yesterday.... today however, wall to wall sunshine, some excellent skiing around, some lovely snow on arpette did several laps of that area, before heading back to plagne centre and onto 1800.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Meteofrance suggest there will be a big dump of snow tonight and then a smaller snow shower tomorrow night.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Steady snow all night and all day so far, very limited visibility (The Gondola which is 200m away slipping in and out of sight) - not a day to be out, so reading the papers and tidying and ski prep is the order of the day I think, ready for the next 10 days of sunshine as forecast snowHead
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Reviews for Montalbert La Plagne's Michelin listed Union restaurant (It can't have a star because of its seasonal opening)
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g1945819-d13387933-Reviews-Union-Montalbert_Savoie_Auvergne_Rhone_Alpes.html
ski holidays
ukredsox wrote:
The 'Dou Du Praz' piste, round the back of Soleil is shown on the updated map. That's good news. I was concerned that all the building work might lead to that run being closed this season

Here you go, they built a bridge over the piste

Lovely sunny day today, superb on piste conditions off piste a little crusty, most runs now open including some that are rarely open such as the Red Piste Maignonne above Montalbert
snow report
Great conditions yesterday, shame we are now back home. Will probably return to la plagne although not 1800 it’s just in the wrong position imho several lifts to get somewhere...

Prob look at bellecote or belle plagne next time
ski holidays
Great week in La Plagne (staying in Champagny). Blue skies everyday, no wind and not too cold. Unbelievably pleasant week for December.
Snow is still good high up, but getting scratchy lower down.
ski holidays
boredsurfin......thanks for the pic. A couple of friends of mine are chalet hosting just a few yards from there, but I haven't managed to get a photo out of them yet
ski holidays
Hi all,

Newbie to the forum, going back to La Plagne in 2 weeks, staying in Belle Plagne this time (in Soleil last time which was a bit 'quiet' for 5 blokes...)

Has anyone seen what they have done with parks/pipes this year? in the same place as last? The boardercross coarse up from Belle Plagne was very good last year.
Is it the same lame effort of a half pipe near the bottom of Blanchets? (looks that way from the webcam).

Cheers Smile
snow conditions
@ukoldschool, welcome to SH's.

When we were out Christmas week the park wasn't set up at all but I am sure by the time you get out there it will be up and running. Should be the same place - all the signage and netting is still set out.

Half pipe - yep the same.
snow report
boredsurfin wrote:
Reviews for Montalbert La Plagne's Michelin listed Union restaurant (It can't have a star because of its seasonal opening)
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g1945819-d13387933-Reviews-Union-Montalbert_Savoie_Auvergne_Rhone_Alpes.html
I don't think that's a thing actually.
Jean Sulpice had 2 stars for his work in Val Thorens and most years that was only open in the Winter. Although I think some years they did some cookery courses in the Summer.
snow conditions
@admin, Yes he did thus summer opening... Playing the rules I guess.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Thu 2-01-20 18:38; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
@ukoldschool, The 'big' half pipe hasn't been built yet but the small one is there. Today it looked like they are building a massive kicker for an event in the Bellecote bowl.
ski holidays
There you are @ukoldschool, @boredsurfin is the sort of parkRat you need on the case!
latest report
admin wrote:
There you are @ukoldschool, @boredsurfin is the sort of parkRat you need on the case!

Cool Laughing Laughing
latest report
thnaks all thats great! looking forward to downing more than a few Jupilers..... Laughing
snow conditions
Just had a week in Belle Plagne. Blue sky every day and light winds. Pistes in excellent condition but very crowded in places. Saturday was great - no queues anywhere.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looking at the snowpark web cam over new year, you can see that the trap that is Bellecote was working effectively. Big queues, even after lift closing time on one day at least.
snow conditions
Now that the Crowds have gone,- lunch time today

Everyday forecast like this for next 10 days....
latest report
boredsurfin wrote:
Everyday forecast like this for next 10 days....

For those heading out over the next couple of weeks, let's hope that changes!
ski holidays
Any advice please on nice wide red runs in La Plagne. Love Carina, Borselliers. Wondering about Sources, Kamikaze and Andre Martzoif & Emile Allais down to Roche. Also a dive about going over to Villandry.
ski holidays
@Lucy - there aren't many! Lots of nice wide blues though. Last week, Andre Martzoif into Roche was pretty awful - had cover, but icy, hard, no fun at all compared with higher runs. We skied down to Montchavin also - but was again awful - ice and lots of grass/rocks. I would suggest stay high, it won't have got any better with the weather. Sources is OK. We actually went off piste to the right of it several times in preference, which was much more fun, right under the Inversens lift. You can take off to the right just past the Inversens restaurant (highly recommended by the way).
latest report
I noticed Mont de la Guerre was advertised as being open today .....
Theres a nice You tube video on the official La Plagne You Tube channel

http://youtube.com/v/caq3pcHKohI
snow conditions
Thanks so much that’s really helpful.
ski holidays
Sources is a great piste IMO.

Pistes down to La Roche can be a bit scratchy but has a nice ambience.

Nicest piste to follow to the Vanoise Express IMO is the Mont Blanc and then Pierre Blanche (basically going straight rather then left on Mont Blanc). Personally I love skiing down that way. If you like a bit of black Pelees is a nice detour.

Over in Vallandry there are a variety of nice reds.
latest report
@LucyHamilton, Check You Tube Candice did a few videos like that one around La Plagne
ski holidays
Hello everyone. Long time lurker, seldom poster here. Me and my family are off to Aime 2000 in February and bringing our 11 month old with us (as well as Granny and Grampa, we are very fortunate). We are staying in PV Haut-Bois, just below the massive building and renting a pram. My question is - are prams allowed on the telemetro down to Plagne Central or only on the shuttle bus? Thanks in advance and let me know if this post would be better off on the main page. I’m not sure of forum etiquette.
ski holidays
@Rlm86, welcome to SH's. This is the ideal thread for such a question. I don't know the answer for sure but I would be fairly certain the answer is.
snow report
@Layne, the answer is... what? Laughing

Similarly I don't know, but I think you'd be OK taking a pram on the Telemetro. It's not really used by skiers so it's mainly only pedestrians who use it.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy