Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2019/2020

Poster: A snowHead
@Mr_frosty, if your chalet turns out to be a long way from the piste (which some in 1800 are), it is sometimes easier to get the bus to Bellecote / Plagne Centre
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
boredsurfin wrote:
@Jonpim, Good to see SAP at their early season best, I'm old enough to remember them doing maintenance over the summer rather than first week of the season ...
Turn it on and see what happens appears to be the name of the game these days.
There were some amazingly unreassuring sounds of hammering coming from the top of Salla today. I don’t know if you recall the programme “Scrapheap Challenge”... Blanchetes conked out for half an hour yesterday as well.

Warmer and a fair bit of freeze-thaw, but holding up well. Cold enough for a load of ice to form on one binding and unceremoniously eject me after an afternoon beer, certainly.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks for replies, from looking at the piste map i wasn't 100% sure 1800+Golf could get you to the bulk of the runs/lifts above Plagne centre. also the Montalbert runs in the trees look nice snow permitting, nice to have options. can't wait for skiing, just need to get xmas+NY out the way!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mr_frosty wrote:
thanks for replies, from looking at the piste map i wasn't 100% sure 1800+Golf could get you to the bulk of the runs/lifts above Plagne centre

This video shows how the Golf chair gets you high enough to ski past the front of the main Aime 2000 building and therefore on down to Plagne Centre

http://youtube.com/v/F-oojNuFy4w
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
How is 'Envers' looking so far this season ?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks ukredsox
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I didn't know about these live video webcams

http://youtube.com/v/YpjAjTa44Ig

http://youtube.com/v/nYzTERROo8k
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ukredsox wrote:
How is 'Envers' looking so far this season ?

I read elsewhere that they have changed the pylon headers but not the seats...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
boredsurfin, we have been debating the seats. Think before they were solid. Now have some "give" (padding). Still hardly comfy, and still with that odd crescent moon cut-away. But working.
Which is more than can be said for Crozats, which packed up again yeaterday.
A bit colder today, and still wonderfully quiet.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@ukredsox, thanks, now I can watch them all day instead of hitting refresh on the normal web cams Wink

4 more sleeps till we get to La Plagne 1800, looks like the snow gods will deliver the goods as we get there snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Jonpim, It'll get busier, we'll be there tomorrow evening snowHead But I guess as usual you'll be leaving?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hello - My family is arriving in Montchavin on Dec 21 2019 and I have two questions:
How difficult is it to get from Montchavin to the main area of La Plagne? It looks like our chalet is near the base of the Montchavin lift (telecabine?).
And, any suggestions if my 13-year-old son is interested in a day of race training? He mainly wants to ski with his older brothers, but could use some time in the gates.
Thanks!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Alice_in_Virginia, we are going that date too - Plagne Centre. I hope you are as excited as we are!

The weather forecast is for lots of snow and wind on Sunday. Can anyone help identify the best parts to ski if it is like that please? Thanks all.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Alice_in_Virginia wrote:
Hello - My family is arriving in Montchavin on Dec 21 2019 and I have two questions:
How difficult is it to get from Montchavin to the main area of La Plagne? It looks like our chalet is near the base of the Montchavin lift (telecabine?).
And, any suggestions if my 13-year-old son is interested in a day of race training? He mainly wants to ski with his older brothers, but could use some time in the gates.
Thanks!

@Alice_in_Virginia, There are two lifts out of Montchavin. A chair lift and a small telecabine. After that you are three lifts away from being in the main La Plagne domain. The Montchavin lifts will be open - they open this Saturday.

Montchavin-Les Coches is ideally placed to ski either La Plagne or Les Arcs.

You shouldn't need the shuttle. There are pretty much the same facilities in Montchavin and Les Coches.

Not sure about getting any race training but if you go to the Evolution 2 ski school office in Montchavin they will be able to tell you what's available.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Lorenzo wrote:
@Alice_in_Virginia, we are going that date too - Plagne Centre. I hope you are as excited as we are!

The weather forecast is for lots of snow and wind on Sunday. Can anyone help identify the best parts to ski if it is like that please? Thanks all.

Below the tree line. The pistes down from 2000 to La Roche or down to Montalbert.
snow report
Layne wrote:
Lorenzo wrote:

Below the tree line. The pistes down from 2000 to La Roche or down to Montalbert.

Ecartee off the Bergerie lift is fairly sheltered as well because it's mainly in its own little valley between PV & PS
snow report
Just arrived in Montalbert - apparently 100k wind gusts forecast for Sunday Shocked
snow report
Lorenzo, if snowy and windy and bad visibility: get among the trees.
Tree runs are at either end of the resort: Montalbert or Montchavin/Les Coches.
From Plagne Centre to Montalbert it is easy to think taking the Becoin lift is a good idea.
But the long bleak stretch from top of Becoin to Plagne 2000 is not fun in bad weather.
Better to take the green run under Le France tower block to top of Melezes and head down to 1800, then up the 1800 lift and over that way.
Montalbert can be lovely in bad weather, with fun blue runs lined with occasional magical statues (some make noises), and good restaurants in the village.

It was another lovely day in La Plagne today.
Colder, definitely colder, with nasty black ice on the road first thing.
Still wonderfully quiet.
And today Crozats managed to keep running Shocked .
All the runs above Plagne Centre/Bellecote remain in excellent condition.
Just what is going to happen over the next few days is confusing.
Locals say snow tomorrow. La Plagne site suggests not.
Meteofrance predicts rain then snow tomorrow, and a "snowstorm" on Sunday.
Meteoblue predicts rain than snow tomorrow with a big dump on Sunday.
We wait and see . . . .
snow conditions
Is there a la plagne mobile app? One that has emergency contact numbers?
snow report
Hi All

Coming out to La Plagne on 15th March staying at Aime La Plagne 2100. I usually ski in January and indeed was in Aime La Plagne 2100 last January when we had great snow. Now I know that this is in no way a predictable thing but historically how is the snow firstly in mid March and secondly during the last week of the season - 18th to 25th April next year, when potentially I am looking to visit Aime La Plagne 2100 again.

Any rough pointers from those La Plagne residents / locals would be gratefully received.

Cheers
latest report
Looks like transfer this weekend might be interesting, we arrive Sunday and it looks like a lot of snow. Might be pretty windy too
snow report
Little Martin wrote:
Is there a la plagne mobile app? One that has emergency contact numbers?

The LP app is called 'Paradiski Yuge'

https://en.la-plagne.com/discover/ski-area/yuge
snow report
Its been raining since lunchtime in Montalbert, however the temperature has dropped from +8c to +4c as dusk falls. Hopefully the locals are right and it will snow this evening - its looking very green at the moment. But the big snowstorm is now on all the forecasts for Sunday...
snow conditions
boredsurfin wrote:
Its been raining since lunchtime in Montalbert, however the temperature has dropped from +8c to +4c as dusk falls. Hopefully the locals are right and it will snow this evening - its looking very green at the moment. But the big snowstorm is now on all the forecasts for Sunday...

Batten down the hatches

snow conditions
@ukredsox, Looking 'interesting' isn't it. The freezing level is all over the shop! We shall just have to wait and see snowHead
snow conditions
I skied in the Belle Plagne area today where it started snowing from the afternoon on, about 10cm-15cm fresh on piste when lifts closed. The street in Plagne Centre is white. Very Happy
ski holidays
Its been raining sleeting most of the night now turning to snow down in the village, sky looks full of snow Toofy Grin
snow report
boredsurfin wrote:
Its been raining sleeting most of the night now turning to snow down in the village, sky looks full of snow Toofy Grin

Needs it, Montlabert not looking great this morning.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@thefatcontroller, Even worse close up Laughing snowHead But Gondolas are coming down covered in snow snowHead snowHead
snow report
@boredsurfin, go do your snow dance then, there in 2 weeks
ski holidays
Well, up here in 1800 its been snowing all morning. Trees white. Roads whitish.
I note that no runs down to Montalbert or Montchavin open: you have to download by Gondola.
But freezing level forecast to fall. boredsurfin's garden may yet turn white snowHead
ski holidays
@Jonpim, Next few days looking good to low, Tuesday lets wait and see....
snow report
Superb conditions from top of Monty gondola up
ski holidays
Hi all. I’m in Morzine now but on the transfer out of Geneva last night we were passed by a British Discovery, reg P14GNE. Anyone on here?
snow report
thefatcontroller, with those winds you won't need lifts: spread your arms and you'll be blown up the piste Toofy Grin
snow conditions
@Orange200, fairly sure they aren’t on here
snow conditions
@Jonpim, The tower crane in Monty will be interesting to watch in those winds
ski holidays
Turned out nice
snow report
Today.
Just three words:

An Elbow Day

Snow stopped around lunchtime, sun came out
Lovely fluffy snow everywhere
I go home happy Very Happy
snow conditions
Started throwing it down with snow looks like down into the valley as well, lovely fluffy stuff snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy