Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help with accommodation in Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello, I'm planning on heading out to Tignes for the winter but struggling to find out where to look for accommodation - does anyone have any suggestions please? I'm in the Tignes Seasonnaires FB group but that seems to be full of people looking for a room rather than spare rooms being advertised. Anyone know of a group or website that might be useful? Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Are you planning on working or just skiing? You can get very good value long stay half board accomodation with Chalet Chardons in Tignes Les Breviers
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rambotion wrote:
Are you planning on working or just skiing? You can get very good value long stay half board accomodation with Chalet Chardons in Tignes Les Breviers

Chardons have gone upmarket and are only running chalets this year and not the old Chardons hostel/lodge itself
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
How many beds are you looking for?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rambotion wrote:

Planning on working. Have applied to a couple of places that provide accommodation but would rather sort out somewhere to stay and then find work.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Kenzie wrote:
How many beds are you looking for?

Just me - easy going, mid 30s, make a mean cup of tea Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lavachet Lodge? - part of the Ultimate team, may have jobs as well as chalet hosts, drivers, cafe staff
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@JenH, Try www.tignes-spirit.com/flats/seasonal_apartments
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@JenH, if you are a British citizen and Brexit actually happens, see the other thread about seasonnaires and the 90-day rule, i.e. you'll need a temporary work permit if you are planning to work in Tignes. I think you need the job offer before you can get the work permit. Without that you can only stay in Tignes for a maximum of 90 days within a 180-day period as a tourist, so be aware of this when looking for accommodation.

Obviously if you're either an EU citizen or somehow someone manages to prevent BoJo creating oblivion, then this will not apply.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@JenH, Welcome to snowheads, Tignes is always tricky for seasonal accommodation, not sure Kieran (Tignes Spirit) and Chardons are doing seasonal anymore.

Anything that does come available is booked within hours at the moment, we've (www.livetheseason.com) only got studios in Les Boisses current available.

Drop me an email if you want more details or if your not 100% tied to Tignes pick another resort where there are lots of options available!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
queenie pretty please wrote:
@JenH, if you are a British citizen and Brexit actually happens, see the other thread about seasonnaires and the 90-day rule, i.e. you'll need a temporary work permit if you are planning to work in Tignes. I think you need the job offer before you can get the work permit. Without that you can only stay in Tignes for a maximum of 90 days within a 180-day period as a tourist, so be aware of this when looking for accommodation.

Obviously if you're either an EU citizen or somehow someone manages to prevent BoJo creating oblivion, then this will not apply.

Thanks for the info - I will have a read of that thread tonight. The timing for impending oblivion couldn't be worse!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
marcellus wrote:
@JenH, Welcome to snowheads, Tignes is always tricky for seasonal accommodation, not sure Kieran (Tignes Spirit) and Chardons are doing seasonal anymore.

Anything that does come available is booked within hours at the moment, we've (www.livetheseason.com) only got studios in Les Boisses current available.

Drop me an email if you want more details or if your not 100% tied to Tignes pick another resort where there are lots of options available!

Thanks, it is proving really tricky. Tignes is first choice but I'm not tied to it so think I'll start looking elsewhere too...Cheers
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi @JenH, Chalet Chardons are still running their hostel-style place on the main street in Les Brev. but as staff and seasonnaire lodging. Not being advertised but if you get in touch with them via their website enquiry email then I'm sure Alex can let you know what options they can offer.

I've also stayed at Lavachet Lodge and enjoyed it but Matt seems to struggle to be able to offer a full season stay as groups book the entire Chalet from time to time. I've been able to do 5 - 6 weeks at a time tho.

Both companies seemed like nice folk to work for from chatting to their staff, btw.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@JenH,
Check your PMs.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy