Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SkiWelt area pass Vs Kitzbuehler super ski pass

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi gang,

As someone who's planning a first time trip to Söll, I'm just looking for first hand guidance on whether there's enough skiing in the SkiWelt alone for red/black confident skiers (or is that a ridiculous question)?

Am I right in assuming that splashing out the extra for the super ski pass would be a waste of time?

I've been to Mayrhofen the last 2 years and loved getting the train/bus up and down the valley to try the different ski areas. Just wondering am I missing out on some easily accessed must dos by not getting the super ski pass?

Thanks guys
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
2020 6 day high season pass; SkiWelt €261,50 ,Salz. Super Ski €292.

For around €30 you'll get more options and Kitz does have more red/black pistes than the SkiWelt.
We have in the past waited till we were there and decided then and bought the pass from the hotel reception.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's been a while since I went to ski welt but I remember it being quite intermediate friendly for the most part. I get the superski pass each winter and travel between different ski areas, which is a fantastic way to try different places. Soll is a bit too far out to make this an easy thing to do - Google gives 25 mins to Kitzbuhel and 35 to Fieberbrunn which would give a couple of good trips out if you are just there for a week. There is plenty at both places and they are both challenging areas.
I tend to base myself in Zell which gives good access to Saalbach, Kitzbuhel (via jochberg), Gastein, Maria Alm, and Wagrain at a push. Makes the pass excellent value.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@DaveL88, get the wider pass. It will be worth it even if all you do is ski over to Kitzbühel. Söll is not ideally placed for travelling around to other areas but if you are a confident and reasonably quick skier you should have no problem going via the Kiwest piste and the shuttle bus to the Kitzbühel skiing area. If you have not yet confirmed your booking you might be better looking at Brixen which gives you more options.

SkiWelt does not have a lot of black runs. There are a couple of short ones from the top of the Hohe Salve above Soll. There is one at Scheffau to the mid station, the initial bowl is fairly steep. A short section of the run down to Ellmau. The run down from Choralpe above Westendorf is genuinely steep. The black shown on the map down to Brixen is rarely open and is really a ski route not a piste. The best run in the area is the long red from Choralpe down to Brixen which has a steeper black section in the middle (there is a path around this part). In good conditions there are a number of ski routes and plenty of tree skiing down to Scheffau.

Dont miss out on the toboggan run to Söll, its great.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy